It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska court rules 16-year-old girl not mature enough for abortion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Evanzsayz

evc1shop

Evanzsayz

windword
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Funny, having an abortion is "avoiding taking responsibility" and yet abandoning the very saem child to the system is way more acceptable.

Agreed. And, women aren't cattle, to be forced to give birth to feed the adoption business with newborns to sell for profit!

You guys are seriously that illiterate? Doesn't matter what happens after the adoption, atleast the child will be alive.

I have seen some fine writing skills on this thread, and as for reading skills, I am sure none of the posters here are illiterate or they would not have been able to read, comprehend and form opinions of the previous posts on the current subject matter. Did you post this in the wrong thread?
edit on 11-10-2013 by evc1shop because: clarity

Try to derail the thread all you want buddy. Just shows you have nothing to contribute other then little kiddy comments.

Actually I was trying to keep it on track as you seemed to be attempting a derailment of your own by calling thread posters illiterate because we fail to use your rose glasses, perspective and tired logic. We are literate enough to see the error of the court system being caught in a hobson's choice giving the girl no choice of her own.

As far as what happens after the adoption, seems you don't care as long as the child lives. What if the adoptive situation is less than ideal and the new child is faced with the same abusive situation this girl had, would you still sit here and say "Ahh, the abuse is nothing, he/she's still alive for it!" ?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Evanzsayz
reply to post by Grimpachi

Hey guess what here's an idea to her and all the females in existence. Give birth then give it up for adoption, atleast then the child will live and you can still go out and party and be a slut and whatnot. I doubt most of you people even know what it means to die and what it means to people to be lucky enough to be alive. People take everything for granted, especially LIFE I mean damn look at you, you guys kill your own babies.

Your post seems to be from someone who would prefer women to be barefoot and pregnant.

As far as you saying I don't or you people don't know what it means to die you assume far too much.

Do you run around screaming "god is great"? It wouldn't surprise me in the least if you do. No better than the Taliban.
edit on 11-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If this is upheld (and given the girl is quite far gone now the verdict seems moot), would it be unjust for the Supreme Court to legally obligate the judge to adopt the child at least until it turns 18?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Pardon?
If this is upheld (and given the girl is quite far gone now the verdict seems moot), would it be unjust for the Supreme Court to legally obligate the judge to adopt the child at least until it turns 18?

In one of my earlier posts, I had this to say:

Maybe the judge knows best but besides his yay or nay, he will not be a part of this girls life and I doubt he will follow up on this baby he forced her to carry 20 years from now

and your idea would certainly give them something to think about but, unfortunately, it would never happen because the judge would have to recuse himself/herself from the whole thing if an interest is linked to the outcome.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
5 pages of "her rights, her liberty, her freedoms"

you have none of those things until you are 18. this isnt rocket science. and it is not specific to this one issue...it is across the board.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

thesaneone

Responsibility also means to keep your legs closed until you are old enough to understand the consequences of your actions.

We are hard-wired by god (or nature, if you prefer) to enjoy sex and sexuality. But we're not just wired to enjoy it-- we're driven to it.

However, because of the nature of biology and psychology, each of us feels "driven" to a different level. None of us are wired exactly the same, and similarly, the exact makeup of the hormonal cocktail that we're flooded with during puberty is different from person to person. What I'm trying to say here, is that if you were not completely driven to sex during puberty, or if you somehow found it easier than this girl did to resist, that does not make you special or awesome. You just got lucky. Even if only to have a little greater natural willpower, or more training in such, etc.

But for some people, that urge is much stronger, and/or much harder to fight. Some people are literally born with impulse control issues. Of course, silly "facts" and logic aren't likely to mean squat to a person like you, who feels they're somehow morally superior because they got lucky.

You also seem to make a lot of assumptions.

thesaneone

Sorry no belief system here but nice try.

This is about responsibility and thinking before acting.

I have known a few women who got pregnant while using birth control. It happens. And not everyone knows this. And that is but one assumption, on your part.

thesaneone

I just gave you my answer scroll up and read.

Asking me the same question over again when you know my answer can only mean that you have no argument left other then your for ending a living being.

And there's another one (assumption). Maybe people like Grimpachi and myself just actually care about the quality of life that this "living being" may nor may not be able to enjoy. What makes you imagine that a child born to a 16 year old mother who is incapable of properly caring for and raising that child, in an emotional, intellectual, and financial sense, has any hope of actually having a half-way decent life?

As opposed to growing up poor, growing up raised by an immature mother that will probably become frustrated and yell more easily, or maybe even go beyond yelling. Or even have those very same genes passed on, that led to them being a teenager flooded with hormones, and perhaps a serious impulse control issue?

The fact is that unless the teenage mom has an exceptional support system, and maybe even if she does, that baby is unlikely to have a very good life. Why do you think there are so many messed up people out there? So many cases of abuse? It's people becoming parents, who have no business becoming parents! At least this girl has the good sense to realize it.

But I suppose someone such as yourself is okay with a child growing up in poverty and abused by a horrible mother, as long as it's got a heartbeat, right?

Say what you want, about the mother. "She should have this, could have that..." But it's all irrelevant. She did what she did, and is where she is. This is not about forcing responsibility on the mother, to punish her, as you seem to favor. This is about that "living being" you're talking about, coming into a family that's actually ready to support it. And a mother who does not want to be a mother, is far less likely to be a good one.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Pardon?

Seems just, as far as the judge is concerned. Not so just for the baby, though. I wouldn't want to be raised by such a arrogant a$$ hole, who forced my mother to give birth to me! I can't even imagine what he forces his kids to do! That's almost like as rapist raising his victims child.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Evanzsayz

Hey guess what here's an idea to her and all the females in existence. Give birth then give it up for adoption, atleast then the child will live and you can still go out and party and be a slut and whatnot. I doubt most of you people even know what it means to die and what it means to people to be lucky enough to be alive. People take everything for granted, especially LIFE I mean damn look at you, you guys kill your own babies.

Oh, totally. Because kids "in the system" never end up having horrible lives. Terrible foster homes where people are just taking on kids for a meager check, hardly any of which will ever benefit the children. Or adoptive parents who may be financially stable, but psychologically horrible people. Maybe even pedophiles....

No, I'm not suggesting all foster families or adoptive parents out there are unsuitable, or bad people. I know there are some really wonderful ones out there, who really do care. But there are the other kind, too. Especially if the child ends up in the foster care system for any period of time. I'm just pointing out-- this stuff does happen. So your assumption that simply giving up the child will give it a great life is false. Or at least, not necessarily true.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If you're a pro-choicer, you would probably look at this as a very stupid judicial decision that doesn't make any sense to anyone with at least the slightest bit of intelligence.

However, if you're a pro-lifer, you would probably look at this as a very stupid judicial decision that doesn't make any sense to anyone with at least the slightest bit of intelligence.

Being mature enough to raise a child means you're mature enough to have an abortion. I've heard some stupid thing in the abortion debate, but that's definitely a new one.

Also, I don't think separation of church and state applies to parents, unless you think parents are the state. I'm not saying what they're doing is right, but still.
edit on 11-10-2013 by technical difficulties because: added more stuff.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

So lets kill a life instead of giving it a chance thru adoption? Makes a lot of sense to me.
And I'm the one who is insensitive?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

thesaneone

So lets kill a life instead of giving it a chance thru adoption? Makes a lot of sense to me.

Yes, they should have allowed the girl to terminate unborn fetus before it became a legal tug-of-war or a burden on anybody else. The girl made the mistake, she will live with the memories of it and at her age, it would have been unlikely that she would miss out on the joy of having a child, something the judge seemed to think would just grow on her over time, because unless something goes wrong with her reproductive system, she will be able to conceive another life when she is, perhaps, in a better place with a loving partner and a job to help raise it.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Old enough to freak. Old enough to face adult situations.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

thesaneone

Yes, a chance to have a life. Maybe a good one. But like I pointed out, also a chance at growing up neglected, abused, or simply improperly raised by someone too immature.

Not to mention simultaneously ruining a young girl's life, for certain (no ambiguity on that point) simply because you think it's somehow "right" that this child has a chance at a really crappy life.

And yes, you are, along with others here-- especially since you still seem so vehement after the obvious (negative side for the child) has been explained to you.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Since you know the future how about giving me the winning lotto numbers for this evening?

So instead of giving the fetus a chance in life we should just assume it will be a burden or get abused because everybody hates and abuses children.

That fetus that you want to kill could grow up to be someone important that could change life for humanity but who care's lets kill it.

You people are truly sick but just keep scraping those "mistakes" one life at a time.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Medicare should be world standard and really cheap like most decent countries and indeed federal in this. And abortion is best done in the first trimester, and all people should have access quickly to them if needed, like this girl should have. I would never have waited for a judge. Too bad she didn't have a support system other than the foster parents, so she could have got it done while waiting for court, because you don't give your power away to unlawful and criminal decisions. This is like Sharia. Its a complete obscenity.

Note I don't believe any abortions should ever be performed past first trimester. Most aren't. Judges like this sometimes force late term abortions which is murdering a baby.
edit on 12-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

You people are truly sick but just keep scraping those "mistakes" one life at a time.

Try to refrain from calling other posters names or abusing them in any way please.

As far as the op goes. The girl should have been allowed to have the abortion. It is her body and should be her decision, after guidance (not religious).

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Sure, that makes a whole lot of good ol' American Sense! You can be old enough to get pregnant but not old enough to abort the baby?

What if you're a terribly dysfunctional human being who is unable to provide a new human child with a reasonably good quality of life? Are we just going to force the birth of every single child ever conceived on the planet - for good or ill - until we run out of space? Is that the plan here? That seems like our plan for everything these days.

Yeah. Good idea all you religious zealots, political show-ponies and morality martyrs! Why don't you go ahead & add another digit to the debt clock while you're at it.

America... the Great Procrastinator. Handling the world's problems one at a time - by redefining them.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
"the misfortune of my irresponsibility should be pardoned because the consequences impact the potential quality of my life"

that seems to be the summery of what im reading here.

wow...the implications if this were applied to other situations.

ill let your imaginations do the work.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

the misfortune of my irresponsibility.............

Who is being irresponsible in this case? Where is the irresponsibility in getting an abortion? Abortion is the MOST responsible choice in this scenario.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

LurkingRelentlessly
"the misfortune of my irresponsibility should be pardoned because the consequences impact the potential quality of my life"

that seems to be the summery of what im reading here.

Or....

"I'll tell you exactly what you're going to do with your body even though I bear no relation to you whatsoever and the consequences will have no bearing on my life in the slightest".

I like things in balance.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join