It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't the Americans act?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I feel like people do not realize how deep problems the USA is going to be at. They don't care about the shutdown. If the shutdown doesn't end soon, it means that they don't have any money to pay the bills, which is much worse than the economic collapse that happened in 2008. China already warned the USA, to hurry up. If the shutdown lasts till mid-October, USA will reach the debt ceiling, which means they need to act and quickly. If they don't pay the debt, it would mean that dollar goes "trash money" and the whole world would fall into economical crisis.

Its strange I don't see any riots or protests. Obama isn't doing anything, government isn't doing anything. Its like sinking ship, and captain and crew left all the passengers there.

Prepare for SHTF

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Greetings,

What makes you so sure this isn't exactly what the government wanted in the first place?

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

if you lived here you would see it differently.everyone is stressing the corruption in dc.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Thing is, the plan is being carefully crafted one step at a time as to not alert the majority of the population. The majority of people are preoccupied with the daily distractions, still in their comfort zones. Take basic comforts away and all hell will break loose. The time will come, but it's too soon yet.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Thebel
Why don't the Americans act?

Ain't nobody got time for that!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I understand your frustrations. Believe me I do... Lately, I have been feeling as followed:

They don't care, why should we care? We've dealt with them taking more and more every year and working with less and less, that what does it matter anymore??? We don't need no gov't let the mother f'r burn!!! Are we worried??? Yes!!! Are individual citizens preparing the best we can with what little we have??? Yes!!!

DO WE GIVE A Hoot!!!? HELL NO!

And this is the problem!

I digress~

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

I think its too soon to over react to a situation that hasn't happened yet. Most are sick of the governments lies and Obama is now seen as a disgrace. Truckers are protesting. . That's just the beginning. Once we rise up... it will be UGLY.

Maybe... that's what they want. Very confusing.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Because we have become a nation of haters. We have many races, religions, creeds, different levels of government etc. and they all have one thing in common, their own sect of haters. And the haters use their vast trove of money running elections. I have one vote, how do I overcome the haters? And, most of us are very tired.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

MOMof3
Because we have become a nation of haters. We have many races, religions, creeds, different levels of government etc. and they all have one thing in common, their own sect of haters. And the haters use their vast trove of money running elections. I have one vote, how do I overcome the haters? And, most of us are very tired.

No we have become a nation of Apathetic couch potatoes who use excuses like my vote doesn't count rationalizing it that your voice doesn't matter.

It does, people need to drop the apathy and take part in the process anyway they can, starting with voting and writing their reps all the way up to civil disobedience.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think it is becoming more obvious that obama's handlers want Americans to revolt. If we, the citizens, take the bait,we stand to lose everything America has ever stood for. I think most citizens will take the bait and start rioting when our food supply is targeted. Life in America, as we knew it, is already over. We're just waiting for the rest of the 'chips' to land....

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's my personal responsibility to inform the uninformed, awake the ones still asleep in the American Dream and ignite hope in presence of apathy. I have a goal to inform at least one person I see on the street, ask questions about the current state of our country (world) and what we can do to bring peace and unity in the coming days of chaos. I speak with the young and the old, the clueless, the ones who don't care, the ones who are ready to take arms and die for their country and many more. I believe if there wasn't so many distractions, we would give a shyt about the future of this country.

Dear powers that wanna be,

You want to piss us off? Push our every button? Make life hard for us?

You have NO clue what's coming for YOU!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Let me tell you why I don't act. I actually want the government to shutdown and I don't want an increase in the debt ceiling. So tired of putting the outrageous spending problem off year after year. This is the best way to get IMMEDIATE action, not some crony congressman passing bill after bill which purports to cut spending but never does.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

This.
Fighting back is exactly what they want you to do so they can fire up Martial Law. Just look at the ridiculousness of the government shut down. They've been shutting down Cancer Treatment Centers, public parks that actually generate money, kicking people to the streets. They are spitting in our faces and just waiting for us to throw down.

Martial Law will ensure that Obama's tyranny is far from over.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Why are the only two options:

A) Violent overthrow
B) Pure apathy and complacency

?

Both of those have existed, and been manipulated, for a very long time. Its time for a different change of pace. One that has only recently become widely available through technology.

Guaranteed the people in power have plans for both of those situations, since they are the most likely. And they will be manipulated just as they have been throughout history (but with perhaps a bit more finesse and subtlety learned from experience).

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Any ideas for this third option?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalmah

I don't want to rain down on you but they will enforce martial law anyway if they feel the threat of anti social behavior is to great, or if it is part of the plan.
The last thing they want is New York to be splashed around the world with images like Greece, then again America can come back from that, Europe has,London has.
What they cant come back from is holding marshal law over their own people. think about it, the beacon of democracy to the world suddenly has its own nation held hostage to the military, ultimate game changer, if that happens the rest of the worlds population will then wake up.
It only takes one to startle the heard,lol

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalmah

Take back our republic from corporations through the use of technology. Use the tools at our disposal to enable individuals and foster independence rather than create dependence. Create a better quality of life for everyone involved, including the greediest among us, and show that "profit" is not simply relegated to numbers in a bank account.

See signature for "open source" discussions of several different facets.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Just look at the Muslim march slated for Sept. 11, 2013 More folks on motorcycles showed up. Folks throw accolades at the Bikers. ("Wish I was there" "Right On!) and then there is a guy in a SUV that gets into a "road rage" incident. The tide turns for the "Bikers" (A Holes! I would've drove over the lot of them)...

In closing, is it truly "apathy" or are the threads from yesterday true (US adults are dumber than owl shiite)?

|'m leaning towards this is the last ditch effort of "Mr. Yang" trying to bring down "others" with their negativity. OR it could be like what happens down at the local P.D. Throw enough crap up on the wall and something will stick. This is an "end around" "Bootleg"

new topics

top topics

join