It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE LIST: Unnecessarily Shut Down to Inflict Public Pain

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Forgive me if I speak out of turn.... but wasn't all this shutdown nonsense caused by the Republicans?? Just saying.....

Also, while I'm here.... whoever it was that said Obama is worse than G Dubya... REALLY? no, REALLY? I think you have a short selective memory my friend... Just have a little think about that comment please..... and revise accordingly...

PA

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

PerfectAnomoly
Forgive me if I speak out of turn.... but wasn't all this shutdown nonsense caused by the Republicans?? Just saying.....

Also, while I'm here.... whoever it was that said Obama is worse than G Dubya... REALLY? no, REALLY? I think you have a short selective memory my friend... Just have a little think about that comment please..... and revise accordingly...

PA

Cheers mate,

IMO, saying it was one or the other is inaccurate.
It takes TWO to tango and in this case it was both Republicans & Democrats.
The two headed-one party system had to use everything in it's bag of trick to shift blame to one or the other so the public doesn't wise up to them.
Bush, Obama....there's no difference...they are the exact same. Both stifle freedom...both want to bankrupt the nation...both want control...both serve the same foreign banking interests.
They are both to blame, one no more than the other...just the different hands of the same thief.
That said...I absolutely LOVE your avatar sir!

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

crimvelvet
reply to post by tinker9917

Thanks for taking the time to make that list.

I hope people start getting angry at being used as hostages while Obama's privileges are still funded.

I was about to say someone needs to draw this cartoon but they already have. Let Them Eat Cake! or this Joe, The debt just went to 16 TRIL... I'm going to play golf.

and the congressional gym is still open and fully staffed...so what's your point?.....for everybody that hates government, this government is a part of all of our lives, and is needed to have a functioning society. this is something the far right has forgotten.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

this government is a part of all of our lives, and is needed to have a functioning society. this is something the far right has forgotten.

This government IS a part of our lives.
This government is NOT needed to have a functioning society.

This is something that the Nanny State has brainwashed their followers into believing.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Thanks! I was looking for the list a couple of days ago and couldn't find one that was complete. S & F

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

PerfectAnomoly

PA

If we are to fall to party-line politics; yes, your statement is correct. If we were to think independently from any party influence, it becomes clear that there are players on both sides of the aisle that are to blame.

In some aspects yes; President Obama is worse than President Bush. Just as there are aspects that President Bush was worse than Clinton. As Clinton was worse than President Bush; so on and so on.

No selective memory here, just plain flat out observation without influence of towing a party line.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You can add EBT food stamp cards not working in 17 states to that list...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Last I knew benefits were distributed the first week of the week of the month. Country-wide problems due to a convenient "glitch" on a holiday weekend

Reports from around the country began pouring in around 9 a.m. on Saturday that customers’ EBT cards were not working in stores.

The glitch, however, did not appear to be part of the government shutdown. At 2 p.m., an EBT customer service representative told CBS Boston that the system was currently down for a computer system upgrade.

The representative said the glitch is affecting people nationwide. She could not say when officials expected the system to be restored.

People calling the customer service line were being told to call back later.

The federal EBT website was unavailable due to the government shutdown.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

His wife's little "let's move", or whatever it's called website was still up as well. No pain for him, but plenty for the people. How anyone could defend this guy at this stage, I cannot understand!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

yep, I think it's a bunch of vindictiveness at this point. So childish. But it is what it is.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join