It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE LIST: Unnecessarily Shut Down to Inflict Public Pain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The problem in the US and how the govt has everyone over a barrel reminds me of the scene in 'Independence Day' where the alien has the scientist by the throat and the President asks the alien for peace and he says 'No Peace'. Then the President asks the alien what does he want them to do and the alien says 'Die!'

It would appear that the actions of government can show their contempt for humanity.

I cannot even begin to imagine what 800 000 people laid off work with NO WAGE coming could possibly feel stress and fear wise. It must be truly dreadful...

Do as we say, you 'sheep' and die anyway!

Just a 'feeling' I get from all of this tragedy.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Elliot
The problem in the US and how the govt has everyone over a barrel reminds me of the scene in 'Independence Day' where the alien has the scientist by the throat and the President asks the alien for peace and he says 'No Peace'. Then the President asks the alien what does he want them to do and the alien says 'Die!'

It would appear that the actions of government can show their contempt for humanity.

I cannot even begin to imagine what 800 000 people laid off work with NO WAGE coming could possibly feel stress and fear wise. It must be truly dreadful...

Do as we say, you 'sheep' and die anyway!

Just a 'feeling' I get from all of this tragedy.

Great analogy!!

There's only one way this is going to change peacefully and for the better, and that's to make sure an overwhelming majority of votes are cast for the Tea Party. There ... I said it. If you don't pick your candidate and vote for HIM, you're going to wind up with more of the same.

I want you to remember how it was that Obama got elected. All the black people voted for him, right? Well, all the black votes account for less than 12%, which means if people would get up off their dead asses and go to the polls, we could get this changed by next year.

And hey ... don't point your finger at me for not voting. I'm sending a check.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just for fun, I just googled this phrase 'Obama approval rating at 37%'.

The hits come up on FOX News, Breitbart and other right leaning sites.
It is a recent AP poll and the AP website doesn't come up in the first four pages of hits.

I guess the left leaning sites just can't bear to put this news out there.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I've heard that Area 51 has been shutdown according to George Knapp, for the ones who ever wanted to come closer to the base well here's your chance! The only problem is that all the aliens living on the base are sent home...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The American people had a chance to turn things around, we didn't make the right choice and we will suffer the consequences. Ron Paul was our last chance to get our house in order, but he was a crazy loon right? His foreign policy was bonkers right? He doesn't seem so crazy now does he?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I think that everyone needs to remember that the position of President in today's world is that of a puppet. The President is only a figurehead, and is only being told what to do.

Our real enemies have been, and will always be, the Federal Reserve bank.

We have to stop with the Republican vs. Democrat game.

If Obama is doing all of these things, it is because the bankers are pulling his strings and manufacturing a show. Its always been a show.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Bravo, excellent post that sums it up quite perfectly. The entire shutdown is a complete lie, staged by elements of both parties and directed pointedly at the citizens of the United States. Government, in absolutely no way, shape or form has been affected in the least.

For me, it goes beyond shameful, it is criminal and somebody should answer for this. Then again, I felt as if somebody should answer for Iraq, for Benghazi, for Fast and Furious, for the Patriot Act, for the NDAA, For the NSA spying revelations too, among many other things I consider criminal, treasonous and a clear and direct threat to the people, safety and continuation of the United States.

Guess we can't always get what we want when we want it but I'm not giving up hope just yet.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

n00bUK
I think this is a test to see how much you will take.

WW vets stopped from going to the memorials
Children denied important health care
Parks closed
None Government funded national parks shut down
Forcing people out of their homes

Yet the NSA, the military, police & the White House are still in full effect.

Something doesn't add up here.

I kinda wonder the same thing... "what if its a test" like you said, to see how much we will tolerate. And, if so, WTH is next and how far will they take it???

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

butcherguy

And his dog trainer that makes $102,000/ year..... he is still working at the White House.

If this is true...

Need to save money, start here. If he wants a dog trainer he can pay out of pocket like everyone else. Why should the government be paying. And 102K on top of it.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

0bserver1
The only problem is that all the aliens living on the base are sent home...

No, weren't they all just invited to the National Mall?
Oh wait, wrong aliens.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Snarl
Out of touch leadership. If they don't care about us, how can we care about them?

Do you know of *anyone* that does? As far as I can see, this "government" is a posterboy for a total waste of human DNA.

Actually, they are far worse than that. They are an obscenity. Completely lacking in any redeeming social value.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We don't need the government. All we need from them is their money to be spent on things such as Social Security, Medicaid, Disability, and the whole nine yards...get the money to the people WHO NEED IT. Other than that we don't need a government, bunch of thugs who start wars and piss other countries off making them want to retaliate.

Why can't we just take everything to ZERO and start from there. Only put in the things we NEED and make DAMN SURE we don't add more than we MAKE. I don't get how people can be so stupid and not cutout all the BS we don't need.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

juspassinthru

Snarl
Out of touch leadership. If they don't care about us, how can we care about them?

Do you know of *anyone* that does? As far as I can see, this "government" is a posterboy for a total waste of human DNA.

Actually, they are far worse than that. They are an obscenity. Completely lacking in any redeeming social value.

Let me answer that for you. It's a really good question and unfortunately going to get buried where hardly anyone will see. But, yes ... there are LOTS.

Did you see the illegal immigrants getting their special treatment yesterday? How did that make you feel? Come on ... get

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

six67seven
reply to post by Snarl

great avatar pic

it hurts, but i cant help but laugh

LOL You've got eight stars from that observation ... and I thought no one had noticed. When I was looking through my pic collection, I figured this was the one that best represented my political statement. You're the first person to mention it ... I wish you a million more.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Obama hates America and what it stands for.
Watch 2016 the movie.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

muse7
nvm

This is a another breitbart article

proceed with the circle jerk

edit on 10/9/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

So none of this has happened because you disagree with the source; even if they are true? You have nothing to say on the selective shutdown of services? Just "circle jerk"....maturity at its finest...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fishy6

Statism is dead as is everything it stands for...

Statism is Dead - Part I

www.youtube.com...

Statism is Dead - Part II

www.youtube.com...

Statism is Dead - Part III (The Matrix)

www.youtube.com...

Statism is Dead - Part IV (Free Range Empires)

www.youtube.com...

Statism is Dead - Part V (Statism & Terrorism)

www.youtube.com...

The sooner people realize this, the sooner we can go about putting up something useful & meaningful in its place.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
ok, please see #13,14,17,24, and 33 per original link per the MODS having to cut my Original Post short on this website HERE
edit on 9-10-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Curious'r and curious'r.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Well said, my friend.

edit on 9-10-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join