It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio man remains legally dead despite his recent court plea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
In recent days we've seem some pretty outrageous things through the media, the government shutdown, our president allowing the immigration protest to take place but rejecting the WWII Veterans plans to visit the War Memorial, the government broke but spending 5 mil on stemware, over 40K on a mechanical bull, and the purchase of planes that will be sent directly to the bone-yard. Not to mention the threat to those receiving SS benefits or SSD benefits....(while it looks like a whirling spending spree is going on around us)

One can't help but start to think it can't get much worse.....

Until you think about what it must be like to be standing in this guys shoes

Consider northwest Ohio man Donald Eugene Miller Jr. the walking dead - as he has been since 1994.

Miller was ruled legally dead by a court in 1994, eight years after he disappeared from his home in Arcadia. His appeal Monday in Hancock County Probate Court to rescind his “death” didn’t earn a change of status in the view of the law.

Judge Allan Davis, the same judge who ruled him dead nearly 20 years ago, said Monday nothing will change for Miller, who was informed of his status by his parents upon his return in 2005.

Miller’s request for a reversal did not fall within the three-year legal limit for challenging a death ruling, Davis said, according to The Courier.

"We've got the obvious here. A man sitting in the courtroom, he appears to be in good health," Davis said.

Miller fled the state to avoid paying child support, the judge said in court. "I don't know where that leaves you, but you're still deceased as far as the law is concerned," Davis said.

One can be legally declared dead in absentia despite the absence of solid proof of one’s death - for instance, the existence of remains that can be attributed to the person - often after a certain period of time determined by jurisdictional law.

Follow the rest here.

Ohio man remains legally dead despite his recent court plea

Seriously! How can the court still consider him deceased if he is sitting right there in front of the Judge, speaking, breathing, not propped up still and motionless, no half moldy zombified body.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Surely this frees him up to commit any manner of crime or misdemeanour he wishes.
How can he be possible legally charged for any infringement when he is legally expired?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well on the bright side, dead men can't rob banks.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Why not remain "dead",work under the table, and live tax-free?

This guy has a free "off the grid" ticket. The only people who need to know he is alive are those that wouldn't question it anyways.
edit on 9-10-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
He initially fled to avoid paying child support. That act made him a "Dead"-beat dad. It looks like irony and the courts have come together to keep him "dead".

It's hard to stifle a giggle or spare some pity for this guy.

I do think they make it so difficult to correct things like this because folks would be trying to steal dead people's identities every time they had warrants, ruined their credit, etc.

On the bright side.... HE is exempt from Obamacare.

Strange days on planet Earth!

edit on 10/9/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

Four syllables, bureaucracy.

When our justice system suffers from such absurdity, few could argue that it is just. Being considered dead is still probably a better state to be in than incarcerated with the same judicial intransigence.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

good for him , how can the tax man claim any tax's from him .

but on the down side i don't have any sympathy for any man that fathers a child and does not help to support that child .

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
i wonder if dead men have to pay income tax or get obamacare.
if not, he got a lot better deal than the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

We could shorten it to 3 syllables and call it for what it really is Lunacy!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

He asked the court to reverse the death ruling so he can begin to receive Social Security benefits and apply for a driver’s license again. Both were canceled upon the 1994 ruling.

Miller never contacted his two children upon leaving Ohio, he told the court.

His ex-wife, Robin Miller, said she asked for the death ruling to get his Social Security benefits for the sake of his children. She refused to testify in the case.

OP's original link

I love irony

The guy runs from child support, and now he's not eligible for any goverment support. Serves him right.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Not sure whats going on, but its stupid.

Other than that, I have nothing kind to say for a man who abandoned his kids. The child support....that is important. But his role as a father? No, he is no "man".

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Karma is a mother isn't it?
The jerk should suffer for leaving his kids.
He went from deadbeat to dead.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There are two separate issues.

The guy is a deadbeat for not paying for his children. I cannot understand it but then the world is full of miscreants.

As a totally separate issue, The US system of justice is an absolute joke. No Justice, no common sense, just an idiotic rule of unbending law. Leaders of the free world? Hardly. More like the butt end of the worlds laughter!

The world's comedians are going to have an absolute field day and rightly so.

Your dead! No I am not, I am sitting here talking to you your honor. No, your still dead.

Only in the United States of America!

Sorry guys, but!

P

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Why does he need a license or social security now?

He can do whatever he wants to. He's a free man.

He can set up a homestead in a national forest somewhere, get supplies from food banks and churches, drive wherever he wants too, etc...

A dead man can commit no crimes, right?

Charge him with trespassing? Hunting out of season? Driving without a license? He doesn't exist!

As long as he isn't harming anyone or anyone's private property then he's living the dream.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Why not let him reverse the death issue? Once they do that, he can claim those social security bennies and the state can take them for the "back" child support and SS that was used to help raise his children....Now That would be Karma!!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

pheonix358

The world's comedians are going to have an absolute field day and rightly so.

Your dead! No I am not, I am sitting here talking to you your honor. No, your still dead.

Only in the United States of America!

Sorry guys, but!

P

Your post made me realize that this is practically a Monty Python skit played out in real life

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Suggestions for the dead guy.

Start a TV show called The Power of Lazareth! He would make millions off the faithful.

Find a mausoleum in an upmarket cemetery and turn it into a home. Ditto for a natural history museum.

Lay in a coffin outside of the court house.

Go on the TV talk show circuit and make a million.

Abuse the judge, what's the judge going to do, find him in contempt and send him to the morgue?

Go to the coroner's office and book himself in for an autopsy.

Occupy a slab in the morgue.

Get free rides to the morgue .... in ambulances.

Suggestions for the judge

Determine that he guy has in fact risen from the dead.

Determine that he is now a zombie.

Shoot the guy in the court room, end of discussion, what would they try the judge for, shooting a dead man.

Get a brain transplant.

I really have to ask what sort of judges do you have over there.

There is so many possibilities for a skit marathon.

P

edit on 9/10/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just like any other stoooooopid human, he fails to see there is freedom only in death.

This dumbass has it made and he doesn't even realize it apparently.

Unless of course, the courts don't respect his rights because he is dead, and harvest his organs for transplant.

Twisted....

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
They are out there . A local guy always bragged that he never paid taxes. Come to find out he didn't but was shocked because he couldn't collect Social Security because he never had a number

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

rockhndr
Why not let him reverse the death issue? Once they do that, he can claim those social security bennies and the state can take them for the "back" child support and SS that was used to help raise his children....Now That would be Karma!!

Unless the judge is actually doing the poor guy a FAVOR cus he owes so much and he knows the guy cant pay. Perhaps they both dated the same chick and found her to be a gold digger? - Or-

Judge - " Hey buddy trust me.. your better off dead.. I have seen her come into court with her kids and ruin 3 men's lives that she tricked into marrying her."

Dead Guy - " Er.. O.k. I'll stay dead."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join