It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On propaganda and public manipulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This morning I'm listening to the news and an idea occurred to me that I'd like to share.

First off I would like to give my first thoughts when I heard about the Sandy Hook shooting and some of the other mass shootings and things of that nature. On the afternoon of the incident it was all over the news and I found myself furious over the fact that they were shoving every detail of the event in our faces. I felt that it was extremely disrespectful to the families involved in the tragedy. But I also felt that it was almost intoxicating to the news stations as well as the government persons involved. Looking at it in that light it seemed obvious to me that it was a very negative approach that we take to these types of things. It's akin to a mentally ill person getting excited about and elevating the sickness in such a manner that never leads to any sort of recovery.

After it was all said and done and coming from that perspective, a more positive solution came to light in how a healthy government and media approach might happen. First off, I think that it should be common practice that the name as well as history and reasoning behind whomever commits these horrible crimes should never be shared with the public. Plastering all of their info is the same in some ways to glorifying them in history or effectively turning them into heroes for other sick minded people. The process in which we address these types of events only exacerbates the problem in my opinion.

The reason behind my post this morning is that It has recently come to my attention that the process in which I mentioned earlier is taking place as we speak. The government and media are purposely blocking the information about the man who burned himself on the Capitol lawn last weekend. Insofar as I can tell nothing has come out about the mans history or reasoning behind his actions. This leads me to believe that our media and government know exactly how to squash or prolong this type of behaviour in our population. Whatever the reasoning behind the current processes we are using to relate to these types of events, it is grotesquely sickening and demeaning to our nature. In my eyes it is like a deadly virus with only one dreadful outcome.

Now that it is obvious to me that our puppet masters know the right and wrong approach to these kinds of things and yet they choose to orchestrate some kind of sick death dance, it leaves me almost in a state of shock. I am forced to admit to myself that there is some kind of extremely nefarious plan that is being played out upon our unknowing public and I really am lost for words or any sort of ideas as what to do about it.

I think that we need to really take a look at how the governments today are manipulating the public. We need to take some sort of approach that sets precedent for what is acceptable and what is not. There needs to be a way to fight this chaos and keep our policy makers in check. This is psychological manipulation and it can only be fought with alertness and complete understanding about what is going on.

I am extremely grateful for finding ATS. It has helped my understanding of our world in more ways that I could ever understand. If I could wish for anything more, it would be that ATS was as helpful in finding solutions to problems like these and helped as much to spread them as well.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

This is psychological manipulation and it can only be fought with alertness and complete understanding about what is going on.

I needn't add any more to this, you hit the nail on the head in your conclusions.

Well done!
edit on 9-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

People like us who notice things and mention them usually wind up on a terrorist watch list.
Well, there are millions of on the list so you won't feel alone.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You are probably right, but on the other hand, I truly believe that if some effort went into creating policy that kept this sort of mind control~ or whatever you want to call it in check then all of us, including those in power would breath a great sigh of relief.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I know........................!
How abouta web site that the members contribute any information or news they find............the kind of place where alert people pass on knowledge or exchange comments and such about current events, and just about every and any subject available to their security level......
We could all contribute to it and share our experiences?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sorting out the news is easy;
Take whatever they say then turn it 180 degrees.
Usually the exact opposite of what they say is in fact the truth.
Works for laws too like the PATRIOT ACT, The Help America Vote Act, The Affordable Care Act.
You see the common theme there?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have some opinions on this topic which will take a while to gather together and provide links in another post tying together the reasons for why I believe what's going on. Concerning the man who lit himself on fire, I will provide a link to a photo showing police investigators examining a silver Ford Explorer believed to be the mans vehicle. The front tag on the SUV is mostly out of view, but it does show the top and right side edges. Also the inspection sticker on the drivers side of the windshield is clearly visible. It looks like to me based on tag color and inspection sticker, to be a vehicle from New Jersey. Here is the link for the photo. oi39.tinypic.com...

So if the police have the mans vehicle, they surely have an idea on who the guy is. Of course they are saying he was burned beyond recognization, and that DNA/dental records will be needed to confirm his identity.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I will try to make this trail as easy to follow as possible. With respect to the car chase and police execution that occurred in D.C. on October 03, 2013. Consider the following facts that I will list line by line with links to sources.

1. Between September 30, 2013 - October 03, 2013 there was a massive first responder exercise/drill taking place in
the capitol region by the name of CAPITOL SHIELD 2014.
www.army.mil...

So the day of the car chase/police execution, October 03, 2013, I was watching both Fox News and CNN when the news broke. I immediately thought here is more B.S. My next question from watching the "exclusive" video footage, was who is AL HURRA TELEVISION? When I started searching for info about them, one thing fell into place after the other in the following order. Link to video footage from Al Hurra Television being broadcast on CNN.
www.youtube.com...

2. Al Hurra Television
Alhurra (Arabic: الحرة‎ al-Ḥurrah [alˈħurra],[note 1] "the Free One") is a United States-based Arabic-language satellite TV channel funded by the U.S. Congress that broadcasts news and current affairs programming to audiences in the Middle East and North Africa.
en.wikipedia.org...

3. Al Hurra Television is one of the networks within the Broadcasting Board of Governors. They are funded by the U.S. Congress.
www.bbg.gov...
www.bbg.gov...

4. Alhurra began broadcasting on February 14, 2004 to 22 countries across the Middle East and North Africa. Like all forms of U.S. public diplomacy, the station is forbidden from broadcasting within the United States under the 1948 Smith-Mundt Act.
en.wikipedia.org...

5. Smith-Mundt Act of 1948
en.wikipedia.org...

6. Smith-Mundt Modernization Act of 2012
"(b)(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), the Secretary and the Broadcasting Board of Governors may, upon request and reimbursement of the reasonable costs incurred in fulfilling such a request, make available, in the United States, motion pictures, films, video, audio, and other materials prepared for dissemination abroad or disseminated abroad pursuant to this Act, the United States International Broadcasting Act of 1994 (22 U.S.C. 6201 et seq.), the Radio Broadcasting to Cuba Act (22 U.S.C. 1465 et seq.), or the Television Broadcasting to Cuba Act (22 U.S.C. 1465aa et seq.). The Secretary and the Broadcasting Board of Governors shall issue necessary regulations--"

"(b) Rule of Construction- Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the Department of State or the Broadcasting Board of Governors from engaging in any medium or form of communication, either directly or indirectly, because a United States domestic audience is or may be thereby exposed to program material, or based on a presumption of such exposure. Such material may be made available within the United States and disseminated, when appropriate, pursuant to sections 502 and 1005 of the United States Information and Educational Exchange Act of 1948 (22 U.S.C. 1462 and 1437), except that nothing in this section may be construed to authorize the Department of State or the Broadcasting Board of Governors to disseminate within the United States any program material prepared for dissemination abroad on or before the effective date of the Smith-Mundt Modernization Act of 2012."
thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.5736:

7. H.R. 5736 (112th): Smith-Mundt Modernization Act of 2012 - May 10, 2012
"(e) Effective Date- This Act shall take effect and apply on the date that is 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act."
www.govtrack.us...

This Smith-Mundt Modernization Act of 2012 was included in the NDAA 2013 signed by the President on January 03, 2013.
www.whitehouse.gov...
NDAA 2013
www.gpo.gov...

To summarize, the only video footage of the car chase was provided by Al Hurra Television, which is part of the BBG networks, which is funded by the U.S. Congress and BBG and the U.S. State Department work hand in hand. The Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 which prohibits domestic dissemination of propaganda within the United States, is amended by the Smith-Mundt Modernization Act of 2012, is passed by the U.S. Congress in H.R. 5736 on May 10, 2012 and then inserted into H.R. 4310 (NDAA 2013) and signed by the President on January 03, 2013.

It is now open season on the American public with regards to using official U.S. government propaganda networks!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Thanks for adding your part. I have heard that there were laws put in place earlier this year that make the propaganda stuff a bit easier for those at the top. Of course could with the prior rules of engagement. There was not much in the media we could take at face value even before.

My ex wife and five year old daughter take turns teaching each other about the
process of manipulation, even the best of us are guilty at times. It's the nefarious motivation and unintended consequences that I fear will come from out of this mess.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't believe that Miriam Carey is actually a real person. The CAPITOL SHIELD 2014 exercise was taking place from September 30, 2013 - October 03, 2013. Look at this video showing a Capitol Police cruiser racing down Constitution Ave NW at the corner of 1st Street NW. The car was intentionally wrecked by crashing it into the pop-up steel barriers mounted in the street. It was part of the exercise to test all their "anti-terror" stuff, and then packaged up for tv as reality.
www.youtube.com...

top topics

join