It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would the US Government have paid for a war in Syria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Senator Kerry came out on the 30th of August and made a pathetic half-assed attempt to explained why America needs to go and free the crap out of Syria.

Military Mobilization and Operations costs a lot of pretend money, so where were they going to pull that from?

Now 4 weeks later the US government is so broke it's cut-off dead soldiers family payments, threatened anyone who goes to public places and kidnapped tourists in a national park and one half refuses to talk to the other.

But, it did buy a Mechanical Bull, so lets not forget that.

So, given that no-one knows how Syria would have (and may still do) transpired, how would the US Government have paid for their conquest?

Check this out.........

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

How would we have paid for the war? With money borrowed from China, of course!

And don't forget that in addition to the mechanical bull, the state dept spent five million on custom wine glasses! Totally essential.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think Obama absolutely knew the fight coming on Budget and he was a cold enough man to have outright bet that Republicans would never shutdown Government while troops were in the field for a new war and a fluid situation. (Troops in Afghanistan should count as much or more..but Washington doesn't care about them anymore.. grrrrr...)

I really think Syria was, in part, a manipulation to avoid what happened and force a resolution before it could even become a problem. I noticed how there is absolutely no urgency about Syria anymore, eh? At one time.....it was so urgent it forced the attention of the world, because Obama demanded it. Now? Who cares if it's solved this week or next month or next year it seems, eh?

America's urgency faded because the ulterior motive may have gone away with this happening.

* He should look at that peace prize of his and hang his head in shame. How does he look his daughters in the face?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Other Arab countries said they would pay the war bill.
I do beleive there is a video stating this. Sec Kerry said Saudi would if I remember correctly.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
By having the federal reserve print more money out of thin air to loan to the government.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

(laughing hysterically)

Yeah.... Excuse my laughter... I heard that about the 1991 war too. Didn't work out that way...... Some said similar things in 2002, although not near as many. They even said Iraq would make up the liberation costs with good oil deals. Any of that work out? Nope.. Not one tiny little bit of it. (1991 did see some pay up on promises ...but I'm not sure anyone but Kuwait ever paid the full tab they committed to).

I think the world likes seeing the US take on crushing commitments based on shared promises ...to be left standing largely alone for the failure these things always seem to become.

top topics

join