It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to be a gay christian...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
to be a gay christian is like being a black member of the kkk, stormfront, or to a lesser extent republican.

plenty of gods out there, chose one that doesnt hate you, according to his rule book.
edit on 9-10-2013 by stormson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
God doesn't hate gay people; CHRISTIANS hate gay people. There is a difference.......

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

ain't that the truth.

But the Christians so very much like to think it's God's will, that way they can justify their own bigotry....quoting Deutoronomy or something.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

The truth indeed. And they will become enraged when you point out some of the many ambiguous passages that not so subtly portray gay in a positive light, claiming that we are imagining things, misreading text or that we are just making stuff up to cause trouble.

The story of David and Saul is a great gay love story to get the bible bashers foaming at the mouth with anger for example. Even Jesus spoke about gays when he mentions eunuchs , which was the contemporary term for both castrated men AND gays in his day.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stormson

And thus endeth todays lesson. How to be a gay christian.

Rule #1. Choose a different god.

This mesage was brought to you by the letter DUhhh...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I dont hate gay people ... In fact I am starting to love my enemies . A very hard thing to do .And to the op,I am a alcoholic Christian ...and a liar , and a thief . ...peace

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
My father has been a church/christian man for over 50 years...

I asked him once what he and other church members would do if a new person came to the church and opened up and said that they were gay...

His answer to me was that they would all get together and pray for him/her in the hope that he/she would be healed of their homosexuality....

Healed of your homosexuality....Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Never forgotten that conversation..............UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

I dont hate gay people ... In fact I am starting to love my enemies . A very hard thing to do .And to the op,I am a alcoholic Christian ...and a liar , and a thief . ...peace

So god will favor a man who is a liar, thief & alcoholic over a man who just simply loves another man?

Gay's are not your enemy, the only enemy you have is your self and the only god you have is fear.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I'd rather have them praying for someone then stringing them up in the town square and legally hanging them. That's what happens to homosexuals in Iran. They are legally murdered at the end of a lynch rope by religious'fanatics doing 'Allahs will'

Thank God for secular rule of law, eh???

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

stormson
plenty of gods out there, chose one that doesnt hate you,

Jesus, who according to Christianity is God Incarnate, didn't hate anyone. It's the humans who wrote the 'holy book' ... the bible ... who included their cultural aversion to homosexuals in the book and claimed it was God's Will. They may have thought it really was. But no gay-hate came from Jesus. So I'm going with that.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How do you embrace a God that say's your an abomination? Not to mention it's all a fairey tale. Just how can you embrace that fact and want to follow those teachings if they dont want you. Boggles the mind. Jesus did hang out with GUYS alot. Maybe......

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

My God loves me and although I once walked in those things I am on a different path than I once was .His favor towards me is in His Son Jesus Christ . see I am in the boat , just like Noah and the ones that were with him that escaped the judgement of the flood ....peace

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

So... gay people are your enemies?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Christians do not "hate" gay people....

Gay people hate Christians!

Why??

Christians do not agree with the chosen lifestyle..When they use their freedom of speech to say such...Christians are accused of hate

Gays on the other hand, spew venom and hate because Christians will not approve of a behavioral choice..

GAY PEOPLE--Please quit worrying what Christians think...You will not change them..They will not change you. So go live your life without trying to make Christians justify your chosen lifestyle

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Please don't spin...

They teachings of Jesus do not say "we don't want you" Jesus wants you without the sinful behavior..He accepts everyone and since all of us sin in one manner or another, we all are in the same boat if we don't repent of our wrongful behavior
edit on 9-10-2013 by dakota1s2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2013 by dakota1s2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
one thing i always wondered, and since i'm not religious. why would "God" write that homosexuals are against him? why at that time would he make it "clear" that he didn't agree with Homosexuals?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

FlyersFan

stormson
plenty of gods out there, chose one that doesnt hate you,

Jesus, who according to Christianity is God Incarnate, didn't hate anyone. It's the humans who wrote the 'holy book' ... the bible ... who included their cultural aversion to homosexuals in the book and claimed it was God's Will. They may have thought it really was. But no gay-hate came from Jesus. So I'm going with that.

everything you know about jesus comes from the rulebook. jesus said that he came to fulfill the law, one of which makes homosexuals an abomination.

not only that, but according to the book, jesus is god and god is jesus and since god finds gays to be an abomination, so does jesus.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stormson

The entire homosexual thing in the bible is old testament, Jesus is the new testament. Anyway the bible does not state God hates Homosexuals, he states its a sin. Jesus is a friend to sinners.

edit on 9-10-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

But why? why is it a sin? that is what i find most confusing

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Darth_Prime
reply to post by LoneGunMan

But why? why is it a sin? that is what i find most confusing

Because an outdated book says it is...

Funny though... Jesus said nothing about being gay... there was no stipulation in Love thy neighbour that said unless you like other men...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join