It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how reagan ruined the economy with reagan-nomics, or greed unleashed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Thanks for that. I have figured out also that GOLD is NOT the answer. "THEY" control the MINES ffs!

How many GOLD IDIOTS forget that little part.? And they control the MARKETS.

And there is more gold mother lodes sitting dormant than people will EVER know.

The TVA lakes are hiding GOLD MINES! in East Tennessee. There are HUGE gold discoveries near Perth Australia also, more gold was found in the early 90's JUST THERE, than previously believed on the ENTIRE earth before that.

Which is the REAL reason for the combined military fleet exercise in Australia in 1997.
edit on 17-10-2013 by HanzHenry because: clear

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

crimvelvet
reply to post by NavyDoc

You would not be working if you were independently wealthy now would you?

thats the difference between the common person and a ceo.

ceos are super competitive, and they use money as a score card.

think about it. say you make the average wage of a forbes 400 ceo for one year. its 12 million. you buy a house, and 2 good vehicles. total cost between 600 and 800 thousand dollars. you still have over 11 million. now you buy a million in property, cause even if it dips like it has now, it will return and go up, as back up investment. the remaining 10 you put into a trust like romney and obama has. youre set for life.

a ceo that makes millions a year, continues to work even tho they are independently wealthy. the koch brothers are billionaires, yet still run their oil company to make even more money.

Alain Bouchard, ceo of alimentation couche-tard, owners of circle k convenience stores, is a billionaire. he pays himself 8 million a year. a clerk at circle k earns minimum wage for the first year, regardless how good they are. no raise for the first year. then they might get a quarter raise, which is maybe an extra 7.25 a week based on the hours they give out.
edit on 18-10-2013 by stormson because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2013 by stormson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

toolgal462
reply to post by NavyDoc

I can't speak for others but unless you are a Wall Street banker or a multi-millionaire several times over then you are not the problem.

There is "rich people" and then there is "RICH PEOPLE" - the latter are the problem.

ETA: But you are right about education, the problem is not with the funding.

edit on 11-10-2013 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

The problem are the rich people whom use their power to bend and play a system that is supposed to keep the country and the economy running smoothly, to serve their own purpose. Its a difference if you use your money to buy better players or if you use it to buy the referees.

NavyDoc

Merinda

NavyDoc

Willtell
What baffles me is this.
I have always wondered, if people on forums, talk shows, etc., who always seem so worried about the taxes of rich people, whether they themselves are rich.

If not, then what is the mentality of people who worry about the taxes the rich pay?

Do you look back in history and grieve over the taxes paid by Caesar and Marie Antoinette?

Just wondering…

Simple. Because the "tax the undeserving rich" is simply a smoke and mirrors excuse to raise taxes and increase control over everyone. TPTB need the class warfare angle to get the sheep to agree with an ever expanding and more controlling government under the guise of "fairness." It works because, no matter who you are (Bill Gates aside) there is always going to be someone "richer" than you and that's the guy they want you to envy and "stick it to" because it is "unfair."

A logical person understands that true economic freedom only exists when everyone is economically free. When we defend "the EVIL one percent," we are not "defending the rich" but rather everyone's economic freedom. And no, economic freedom does not mean handouts or artificially mandated "living wages" but true freedom to pursue your economic dreams and to keep the products of your labor, innovation, and talent.

If that were the case, the richer guy would feel the pinch too, but it is not the case. If tax evasiion would be fought efficiently, taxes on those whom can not hide from the IRS, could be reduced severally. Its also a fact that public services and public education in America is severally underfunded. Crony capitalism is rampant in other countries too, but other countries are not home to the companies which posted record profits very recently.

How do you know that they are not? I'm one of the "the evil one percent" and my taxes have gone up quite a bit this year. Being that I am self employed, I'm getting a double whammy. The upper tax brackets pay the majority of the income tax already.

Public education underfunded? We spend the most money, per student, of any education system in the world with the worse results. The truth is that the majority of our tax money is wasted.

After looking at the numbers, the problem in the us seems to be distribution. There are states which can allot at most 8000 Dollar per student and then there are states which can only allot less than half of that. Comparing it to Germany the most spent by a state is like 8000 per capita and the least spent is 6000 .

But the problem persist when moving on towards higher education which is out of the reach of many due to financial reasons, but again its supposed to be that way, because else you would have too much brains and too few hands in a country of 300.000.000 .
edit on 19-10-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join