It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Massive gas explosion in southwest Kansas and OK- 'So big it looked like a nuclear bomb'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

According to Kansas State Police scanner traffic a huge gas explosion has occurred near Englewood Kansas just over the Oklahoma State Border.

Pilots flying over Amarillo witnessed a fireball that "looked like an atomic explosion."

The explosion located on Highway 283 south of Englewood, KS. The shockwave was so big it could be seen on NWS weather radar.

pronews7.blogspot.com...

From this other link:

There are reports of a glow in the sky that could be seen an hour's drive from the scene.

www.koco.com...

EDIT: New PIC:
twitter.com...
They can't go in apparently for fear of another gas pipeline exploding close to the first one. Holy crap!

More details as they develop...
edit on Wed Oct 9th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Holy crap, they could see the glow an hour's drive away? That's what, at least 45 miles? That's huge. O.O

I really hope the death toll is zero, but with something that big, you know it's probably not

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Map of Pipeline:
www.northernnaturalgas.com...

Realtime readings say 0 so maybe this is the company and pipeline:
www.northernnaturalgas.com.../9/2013&Cycle=0&searchType=&searc htext=&locationType=all&zone=all

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Here is Kansas Emergency Dispatch. This county is south of Dodge City, Southwest area of the state. Clark County.

There is no coverage for that one, but maybe surrounding ones? It's something anyway.

Kansas Emergency Dispatch Centers by text and map

Oklahoma Emergency Dispatch

Oklahoma would be.... it figures.. 3rd from the left on top, I think. The one with no coverage. Again, maybe local counties if it spreads or develops.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yep it must be this pipeline that is insane, I hope it was outside of town like 20+ miles.

maps.google.com...,+KS&ie=UTF-8&ei=2OpUUrH4OPX64AOOpoGwCg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
News 9 has received multiple phone calls and e-mails from viewers who can say the fire can be seen from southern Kansas and across the Oklahoma panhandle.

Latest Information:
www.news9.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Okay I got an OK source that says the explosion was in Harper County, OKLAHOMA.

Oklahoma News

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Scary and I can only imagine the devastation from such an explosion!

At the same time, I have to be honest and say my first thought, albeit bitter as hell, was "How convenient for the local(national?) heating company".

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Weather Radar pic.

pronews7.blogspot.com.au...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Credit for this pic find goes to someone on a certain other forum, but DUUUUUUUUUUDE

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

HARPER COUNTY, OK- Emergency management officials in Harper County are confirming a pipeline explosion near the town of Rosston. That’s in far northwestern Oklahoma, near the panhandle. Right now, we know no one was hurt. Officials tell us the fire has been contained and they’re going to let it burn itself out.

kfor.com...

Good news, looks like no one killed. How's that for anti-doom.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Another picture from twitter
twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Oh this is going to come up in the B.C pipeline debate phosure.

Imagine that in a remote B.C forest? wrong time of year... could be brutal.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Nice everyone is safe then. Original comment deleted
edit on 9-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Given all the protesting and hype about fracking my first thought is sabotage.

It is certainly not the first time a group like Earth First has targeted shale gas and they are known saboteurs who use fire.
Earth First! Climbing into Forests to Stop Shale

...As shale development continues to provide great opportunities for Ohioans, it is also gaining popularity with self-described radical environmental organizations....

...According to their website, monkeywrenching is defined as follows:

Monkeywrenching: Ecotage, ecodefense, billboard bandits, desurveying, road reclamation, tree spiking, even fire. All of these terms describe the unlawful sabotage of industrial extraction and development equipment, as a means of striking at the Earth’s destroyers where they commit their crimes and hitting them where they feel it most—in their profit margins.

At a glance, one may think this group must have had their website hacked and has just been too busy to fix such outrageous claims. But with a quick internet search I found a couple more quotes from their founders that support the illegal activity.

Monkey-wrenching is more than just sabotage, and you’re g*ddamn right, it’s revolutionary! This is jihad, pal.— Earth First! co-founder Mike Roselle, (Earth First! Journal, December 1994/January 1995,

In some cases burning a target is the most effective way of decommissioning it. — Earth First! founder Dave Foreman, Ecodefense: A Field Guide To Monkeywrenching

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Does anybody have some pictures of this. According to protocol here, No pictures, it didn't happen!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I would hope nobody was killed there seems like one farm per 20 miles here:
maps.google.com...,+KS&ie=UTF-8&ei=cu9UUtPGD-2z4AP3Og&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I'm from ardmore ok we havnt heard anything about this thank u for posting this i got on the computer to look it up and man this is crazy stuff i couldn't imagine driving down the road and seeing this thinking omg is this it is this the end scary stuff

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
How many chemical facilities have exploded this year?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join