It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NSA's Hugely Expensive Utah Data Center Has Major Electrical Problems And Basically Isn't Work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Well, this is good news for those with privacy concerns about the NSA and terrible news for those concerned about government spending. The National Security Agency’s new billion-dollar-plus data center in Bluffdale, Utah was supposed to go online in September, but the Wall Street Journal’s Siobhan Gorman reports that it has major electrical problems and that the facility known as “the country’s biggest spy center” is presently nearly unusable:

The NSA's Hugely Expensive Utah Data Center Has Major Electrical Problems And Basically Isn't Working

More here:

:-)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Now that is a "Kill Shot"

Clearly the above graphic isn't real but the story is.

Glenn Greenwald isn’t the only one dropping explosive material on the NSA. According to the Wall Street Journal, the data center’s electrical problems include “arc failures,” a.k.a. “a flash of lightning inside a 2-foot box,” which results in fiery explosions, melted metal and circuit failure. More terrifying, this has happened ten times, most recently on September 25, reports the WSJ, which reviewed project documents and reports and talked to contractors involved. The report blames the NSA “fast tracking” the Utah project and thus bypassing “regular quality controls in design and construction.” Whoops.

www.forbes.com... /

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Let me put on my tin foil hat here for minute.

Not that I'd like to give more credit to government baboons than I usually don't, but the NSA is a spy agency.

Much like the other 3 letter agencies, they lie. They lie to us in particular, a lot.

So maybe this story is true and the giant billion dollar thing is actually out of order.

Methinks it's probably more likely that they'd like to shift the focus away from them, so they can do their work without being bothered. What's the best way to get Americans to stop participating or discussing something?

Create the idea that the people running the show are idiots. They did it with George W and that worked splendidly.

Besides, the WSJ is a mouth piece for government. Just food for thought.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I disagree completely, right now any news regarding the NSA and especially this data center is bad news.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I guess someone or something decided that this facility needed to be shutdown with the rest of America. I can't help but laugh at the irony at this point.

edit on 10/8/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

research3300

I disagree completely, right now any news regarding the NSA and especially this data center is bad news.

huh? Isn't that exactly what they were saying..

I don't believe this story for one second.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
I guess someone or something decided that this facility needed to be shutdown with the rest of America. I can't help but laugh at the irony at this point.

edit on 10/8/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

LOL. That is the first thought that came to mind.

Remember the stories of ET/UFOs flying over and shutting offline nukes? I've actually heard several different stories, one where they had nukes offline, and one where ICBM's or whatever were rendered unavailable by these UFOs flying over.

Perhaps our government isn't making good on some money or cattle or humans it owes the reptillians, or perhaps the ashtar command doesn't want us to be monitored by the NSA -

All jokes aside, who knows? Either way, just my crazy, irrational ideas,
A) ETs shutting it down
B) gov lying, and they are ONLINE

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Dustytoad

research3300

huh? Isn't that exactly what they were saying..

I don't believe this story for one second.

NO! when you want the public to forget about you, you stay out of the news. The NSA is so far beyond repair of public perception the only PR play here is to hide in the hills.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by research3300

Perfect , if true.

I would rather have eyes that cannot see; ears that cannot hear; lips that cannot speak, than a heart that cannot love”[/ex]
By Robert Tizon.

Think they also have the heart the cannot love as well.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
When you fast-track projects you get mistakes and that is just building the building. Now think about fast-tracking a project with brand new state of the art server equipment which requires enormous amounts of power and load balancing. Couple that with the fact you have to choose contractors from a limited pool and you have a clusterfook.

Read the article it doesn't sound like a disinfo piece. Is anyone really going to get the impression that the NSA's employees are a bunch of idiots? Amazing!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The government tells you the biggest and baddest spy building that was recently completed isn't working because of an electrical fault.... and you believed them?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I've shown a field effect I have that can disrupt programs.I would imagine as we "ascend" it will disrupt this reality.Perhaps it is a hopeful sign.
Or someone fudged on some math somewhere.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
And since I have double posted I must say this is a great day.
Perhaps less priority should be deleted. Then all we would look for would be real threats.
edit on 9-10-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
We have lost the data senator!

say good bye to evidence incriminating you.

Now scratch our backs and give us more funding.
edit on 9/10/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Malarkey.

What about all the other facilities ?

I say Utah is in operation already.

Always believe the opposite.

You'll never go wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

or maybe some patriots COUGH* I mean terrorists sabotaged the place and it's being spun as bad wiring
2nd

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Its interesting from a technical perspective but its hardly good news. Its not as if it all burnt down.

They aren't scrapping it or scaling it back, just having some build quality snags which they will overcome.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Bwhahahahahahaa! Maybe it was built by the lowest bidder? Or some 'inside job' electrician decided he didn't want to be spied on? BTW, the electric bill is ONE MILLION DOLLARS A MONTH. Your tax dollars at work.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Why would the NSA put something like that in plain view...

NSA: "Hey, the world, we are the NSA and we have all the data anyone could want on anyone and its in this big building here, but its not working yet"

Reality: Its been working for many years buried some place only accessible by super secure remote connections.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

signalfire
Bwhahahahahahaa! Maybe it was built by the lowest bidder?
I'd expect there to be some kind of bidding for a project like this.

justwokeup
Its interesting from a technical perspective but its hardly good news. Its not as if it all burnt down.

They aren't scrapping it or scaling it back, just having some build quality snags which they will overcome.
well said. No showstoppers for the distant future, just some temporary problems that will be solved. Not that I believe everything the government tells me, but I don't see where disinfo on this particular issue is getting them anywhere so I take it at face value, and even if I'm wrong, I don't see the downside of taking it at face value.

So it comes online early next year instead of late this year. So what? Or it's a lie and it really comes on line this year. Again, so what? What difference does 6 months make to us either way? It's coming on line one way or another, so it's only a question of some months as to exactly when.

I don't see the incentive to lie about that, though I'm sure we've been lied to about plenty of other stuff by the NSA.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join