It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have the Jews been hated throughout time?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
If I could give you an attaboy for that short, pithy statement, indeed, I would do so.

But I spent them all already. [shrug]

Excellent precise, tho.

Aeonian [Emily]

thank you, emily for the pats.
god bless us, EVERYONE -tiny tim

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Sorry if I seem to pull you out from the forum here, but am interested in your questions/viewpoints on these topics.

Originally posted by LadyV
Good question. I have often wondered the same thing. Are they not the Chrisitian's gods "chosen people"? Anyone with any type of answer or therory on this?

Okay okay, here goes:
Q: Why have the Jews been hated throughout time by Christians?
A: I don't know! As Christians are we not instructed to demonstrate unconditional love to all others? Therefore, those who hate must be doing something contrary to the teaching. In other words, they're breaking the law! (Matt 22:39 for example). Those rebel Christians who have lost their way, I say "Come home! Corinthians 13:4, c'mon say it with me...Love is patient, love is kind..." keep going, there's more.

Question back at y'all: What about the non-Christians who hate Jews? After all, they don't have the same verses to quote. Don't make me cite examples, I want to hear your opinions

Question for LadyV: So what did you think about The Passion? I'd like to hear more. Also, did you see anti-semetism there? If so where at, I must have missed it.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I agree those kinds of things would be a problem, except that the jews in europe did interbreed with the native population. Even in the levant the 'jews' and 'palestinians' internbreed. There was a genetic study showing these close relationships in a science journal a while ago, but it resulted in massive complaints all around, such that the editors actually sent out a notice to libraries to remove the 'offending' study.

True, but the interbreeding took a very long time. After expelling the notorious jews, the inquisition looked for people who practiced cryptojudaism. Those were people who could not give up their religion or were too poor to escape and so did the rituals secretly.

Today, that population has mostly given up judaism (thank you, great grand-father). The remaining jews are people who kept ties with communities in other nations (Holland, Israel).

This is to say that interbreeding is possible as long as the jews are isolated from potential focuses of religion.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's the specific behaviors in which there is conflict between what is said and what is done that causes hard feelings to mount ...

... like mushrooms in the grass.

... First one individual gets mad; then another; then another; then another, until everybody is screaming at everybody, "Something must be done about this!"

... Behavior is a one-on-one transaction, always unique.

... And generalization about behavior are used as sticks to frighten people and intimidate people and silence people.

... It's too bad.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I read a intresting theory on why the jews have been hated through out time, and please excuse me on the broad statements as i have forgotten where i read it and dont remember exactly what is said.
It went that while the jews were a noramdic tribe they stole a language (Hebrew) off a sumer priests, the lanuage was surposedly the lanuage of the angels (Enochian)...so as to say are we hating the jews for speaking such a sacred language that is not meant for us?
I know its far fetched but i think it is a intresting theory, because every jew from what i know have to learn hebrew back to front and know pretty much all jewish texts in hebrew, proabably excluding the kabbala...anyway whats your thoughts on this?

This is my first post on ATS, hope its not a bad one

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hm that could be the truth, but surely no-one would know about it after it has happened. I mean Hitler for example wouldn't have known that, the Romans wouldn't have known that. So why have they been hated? I personally believe it is down to the money side of things. A lot of people in power are Jewish and a lot of people in power have a lot of money, i.e the banks are mainly made up of Jews. Maybe this is what has stirred the hatred for so many years.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I really don't get why Jews are so hated. One complaint people have about religion is that they're always trying to convert you, and most are. However Judaism is the one exception, they aren't out to convert anyone. They just want to be able to follow their own doctrines in peace without being bothered.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have some ideas on the subject, but I want to clearly emphasize that the following are NOT my own positions, but rather the "reasons" (read: excuses) that I have heard given.

1.) The Jews have a claim to be God's "chosen" race, a position bound to cause envy in others, who seek to emphasize their own priority to the Almighty by vilifying those who claim to be "chosen."

2.) The Jewish leaders did not order the execution of Christ, but the arrest of Jesus, his initial trial for blasphemy against Judaism (a charge the Romans could not care less about) and the manuevering to get Jesus to accept the label "King of the Jews" were carried out by Jewish elders. These prominent Jewish elders then turned Jesus over to Roman authority, once they had established his guilt in making a statement the Romans would punish by execution.

3.) Jewish communities tend to "keep to themselves" creating in some areas a suspicion that these "outsiders" are "hiding something". There is also an implied exclusivity through the separation of "Jews" and "Gentiles"

4.) Judaism is the only religion that considers itself a race, so ethnicity and religion, two subjects that are always causing wars, are intermingled.

5.) Many Jews became successful merchants and money-lenders, leading to the stereotype of greedy Jews.

Any group that insists on its own exclusive relationship with God, proclaims itself "chosen" and has a high proportion of successful members in society is bound to come under suspicion sooner or later. It's unfortunate that so many people make such overgeneralized claims that they can cement into hatred against an entire people.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I may be wrong...but i dont believe that them killing Jesus was the reason that they were persecuted over time. The reason for this is because i believe that they were once slaves in egypt and were treated very badly..and this was before Christ was even born...Also, maybe it was punishement God is giving them for something that they did. If there are any bible experts out there can you please post if the God was ever really mad at them?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
God and mankind has an enemy, satan(if you don't want to believe he's real, that's your choice and it actually makes it easier for him to do his mischief)

satan had been trying to stop Jesus (the savior of mankind) from being born. He tried with the fallen angel invasion in Genesis ch.6. (and also after that). He tried by having all the male Hebrew babies drowned by pharoah. He tried by having Herod murder those 2 and under. He tried by having Haman's plot in Esther. None of these succeeded, the savior came and accomplished His redeeming work and death is swallowed up in victory.

Now satan knows that God has promised that a remnant of Jews will be here and be saved for entering the millennium. So now satan is trying to make God out to be a liar. He's used countless groups and individuals to persecute them. Lenin, stalin, Hitler etc. That is why they are so persecuted. This persecution has also now been carried over to true christians.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
how do you people say the jews did not have 'anything' to do with the death of christ. Was it not the jews, who when asked by pontius pilate 'What should be done with him?' they shouted 'Crucify him!'. Now as a christian i realize that christs death was neccesary so I do not blame anyone. Also I have heard stories that some jews claim that they arent israelites and were not in bondage in egypt. I have also heard the 'two seedline' theory which is basically the jews are the literal descendants of satan. who knows?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I asked that. Because i never knew why people hated the jews. I've always had an image of the jews are moral people, image of the bible jews. So i researched it and go a few points.

1. They care not for the country they live in
2. They tend to dominate businness side of things for their interests only
3. They tend to control the media in a nation that is not theirs
4. They tend control the money supply
5. Interest is their biggest power generator.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
tell me if i'm wrong but when the world ends Jews are the last to go ..please tell if i'm wrong

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
how do you people say the jews did not have 'anything' to do with the death of christ.

Some Jews wanted Jesus dead and Romans carried out the cruxifiction. Jews and gentiles, that's what the world was made up of. So the world wanted Him dead. So who crucified Him, I did, my sin put Him on that cross and so did everybody else's. We all killed Jesus.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Hemisphere
tell me if i'm wrong but when the world ends Jews are the last to go ..please tell if i'm wrong

If I understand your question, persecution of christians and jews will take place as this age draws to a close. The world as we know it now(violent and sinful) will end, but a new world filled with truth and righteousness will take it's place.

Another reason for hatred of the Jews is because most everyone knows they were/are chosen by God for a specific purpose. Alot of people hate God, so they want to wipe out anything that has to do with God.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
Throughout time many different people and powers have hated upon the Jew’s. From the very early years up to the present day Jews have been forced to leave over eighty countries, in Europe alone. Jews have been forced to leave such countries as England, France, Austria, Germany, Bohemia, Spain and many others.

www.simpletoremember.com... - Information on the ‘six classifications’ of why Jews are hated

www.simpletoremember.com... - A timeline of Jewish persecution

From the Romans to New York to Hitler to The Palestinians.

Does anyone have any views on why the Jews have been persecuted throughout time for no real reason, or do people believe there are real reasons?

Not just Jews. 4 million Romanii (gypsies) died in the concentration camps, and are forgotten victims. The gypsies were tradionally as disliked as the jews, to the point that they were often confused with on another. They were accused of stealing children, among other things. Part of the reason may be that people without a 'homeland' tend to run a foul of what ever country they live in. The jews were exiles, and the gypsies were nomads. "The foreigners among us." People tend to fear the foreign.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
They've been an exile population for most of their history, refugees who have had to survive at the mercy (and more often lack therof) of their host populations. They've learned to become integral parts of the economies of the places they've lived as a survival mechanism. They have a millenia long tradition of valuing education and useful trades, and it's saved their culture and faith from anihilation more than once.

Unfortunately their status as outsiders has often made them targets for those who needed scapegoats to focus public hatred on, usually as a means of domestic political gain.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Orange
Not just Jews. 4 million Romanii (gypsies) died in the concentration camps,

Indeed, the holocaust tried to wipe out the jews in europe, but didn't effect it (thankfully). It very nearly did wipe out the gypsies, percentage wise, unfortunately.

Also, the Ottomans commited a genocide against their neighbhors, the Armenians, in the First World War. Lots of peoples have been targeted by lots of group.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
And remember, too, America's genocide of it's own native peoples. If they weren't racial destroyed, they practical were culturally.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
its alot of BS propaganda actually

all groups have been persecuted throughout time

the jews are not special; even tho their propaganda would like you to think they are

every single group in history has been picked on

but oh; lets just focus on the Jews!
how predictable

but when Israel goes and murders people unjustly
then someone comes and says "your a murderer!"
the predictable Israelis reply "Your Anti-Semitist!"

using the Holocaust to further your political agenda and propagate murder is just as bad as Hitler himself

yes i said it
when you go around saying "your anti-semitist" and USE it for political reasons
Your acting just as the Nazis did in 1930s -1940s

Nazis may have killed alot of Jews
But the Israelis have obviously adopted some of the moderate aspects of Nazi Germany and incorporated them into their own political scheme

Now; let me say; the Israelis have NOT begun a concentration-camp style burning/gassing of Arabs...
so Zionists are NOT as evil as Nazis
but they are increasingly growing closer to that

Stop thinking the way the Media tells you to think
start thinking for yourselfs!

The reason everyone "thinks" the Jews are so hated *more than others*
is because the Media tells you that
too bad its a LIE!!!

everyone got shafted at one point or another
keep that in mind please
its the Truth

Honestly , I greatly Dislike Nazi beliefs; and i equate them to Zionists as well

I believe in BEING NICE to people; and EQUALITY, and SHARING
call me communist all you want; im a Democracy Lover we are used to being called Communists ever since the Capitalist take over

Communism and Democracy bear striking similaritys

Nazism, Zionism, Capitalism *in their extreme forms* have little place in Democratic Political Process
everyone deserves a voice no matter how lunatic their beliefs are

like me, im nuts; and i deserve a small voice too
we all do

but trust me; Nazis Zionists and extreme capitalists are the MINORITY of the population!

they DO NOT deserve to dictate policy to ANYONE !
but they DO! they hold 90% of the Power despite
the fact that they make up 1% of the population of earth

i dont hate Jews
I love all Humans equally

but i do dislike Israeli Iron Fist Policy
and i really Hate the "your an Anti-Semitist" BS PROPAGANDA

the ONLY anti-semitists are called NEO NAZIS
and they are a minority that no one Likes
95% of white people dislike Neo-Nazis
90% of white people dislike the KKK too!

so stop crying about how Jews are treated like crap
they are Givin a Golden Platter these days
so stop spreading their propaganda!

wanna talk about a Group that is Treated like Crap?
All thru history ONE GROUP GETS SCREWED EVERY TIME

THE POOR PEOPLE!!!!

Open your EYES !

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join