It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have the Jews been hated throughout time?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here is one of many reasons at least in modern terms...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Also bear in mind that the federal reserve system is a private entity owned by... yup jewish interests.
Our media?

Originally posted by twitchy
Paramount, Disney, ICM and CAA New York, Times, Wall Street Journal Washington Post, Boston Globe, Washington Post Barron's, Dow Jones Village Voice Time, U.S. News & World Report Atlantic Monthly, NY Daily News, AOL-Time Warner, CNN News Group (before you say no that's Ted Turner, look up 'Walter Isaacson'), Time Warner's publishing division, Sports Illustrated, People, Fortune, Walt Disney Company, Touchstone, Buena Vista, Hollywood Pictures, Caravan Pictures, Miramax Films, Capital Cities/ABC, Inc., ESPN, Lifetime Television, A & E Television Networks, ABC Radio Network, Viacom, Inc., Paramount Pictures, CBS's Country Music Television Nashville Network Simon & Schuster, Scribner, The
Free Press, Pocket Books. Showtime, MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox Television Network, 20th Century Fox Films, and Fox 2000, New York Post and TV Guide are all owned or controlled by one religous organization.
This is not to mention all the local television and radio broadcast stations and newspapers that are mostly subsidaries of the companies listed above.

Of course to call any attention to this is to be labeled anti-semitic, a tactic they have employed since long before WWII.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The Jews did not Kill Christ. What part of Christ died for your sins don't you understand? Jews did not pound nails thru his body. Nor put a spear thru his side. Rome was chosen to kill Christ by God.

Nope.

Pilot didn't want to kill Jesus...nor did he want him crucified. He didn't think Jesus guilty of any crime against Rome. He only reluctantly did so to keep the peace, as the Jewish leaders were the ones crying for Jesus' blood as a blasphemer. However, this was NOT the act of the Jewish people as a whole, only powerful clerical leaders, who did not want to give up their power to one they perceived as a false king.

I do believe this is the source of SOME of the hatred directed their way, combined with the fact that many of the banking institutions were controlled by the Jews, and so as one poster mentioned, it was common to hate the ones one owes.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
The 10 tribes left the promised land some as slaves some just left and went into europe around 722 BC.

According to what?

Shortly thereafter the rise of Greek then Roman empires happened. You should be able to get the rest from history books.

I'm well aware of the course of history. One thing I am aware of is that the mythic founding date for the city of rome is around the time that you have the begining of the entire roman empire. Also, there never was a greek empire, except maybe Alexanders short lived empire, but that was his, not a 'greek' one.

The old hebrews were conquered and captured by the assyrians long before the romans conquered judea. The assyrians had a rather clever tactic of spreading around their empire different conquered peoples. The jews refer to this period of their history as 'the babylonian captivity'. This is when the talmud is supposed to be written. SUpposedly many of the original hebrew tribes eventually found their way back to the levant, but some were missing, probably they just never bothered to leave assyria. There are still iraqi jews there today. Now, you are saying that they, somehow, went east, thru the badlands of persia, across the steppes, or perhaps across the indian jungles and southeast asia, into, where exactly, china, then japan, and somehow, for no particular reason, jumped onto boats and sailed to north america? And where is the evidencefor this again?

And the dispersal into europe you are talking about, that has nothing to do with the tribes. Nothing to do with them at all. The lost tribe was already 'lost' long before that. The romans, after putting down a jewish rebellion in judea, dispersed the jews throughout parts of their empire. Thats why there are jews in germany and europe now, and why they speak yiddish and what not. But that has nothign to do with the lost tribes.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I would say the main reason is because they killed jesus.

Something else I just do not understand about Christianity. How can people dislike another people for something that was planned out to begin with!?
Judas wasn't a trader, he was a pawn...someone had to to do it, and someone had to kill Jesus, otherwise the plan wouldn't of happened, which I still don't understand how a person dying.....washes other peoples sin away. Makes no sense. I will say one thing here though. The other night, I watched "The Passion Of The Christ" if I were a Christian, and I honestly believed in my heart all of that were really true and that a man went through that for me, I would not have my butt out talking BS against gays, I wouldn't be breaking the rules of the religion...I'd be the best person one could be.....it just boggles my mind that people can believe this, and then do the things they do justifying it with, "we aren't perfect but forgiven" that attitude blows me away!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Surely anyone who's 'damn rich' would have a huge house, fancy car and wear lots of jewelry. I know Jews who have very little money.

The point was to dispel the uh... "problem" some people have in which any time they talk about a jew that is wealthy they accuse that person of hoarding money, ripping off non jews and the like. It wasn't directed at any one person by the way.

As for which forum? I don't know, I figured Conspiracies in Religion. It might be a slight stretch, but less of a stretch than it being in Current Events. Honestly, I am not a fan of these threads at all. They pop up every so often for reasons beyond my comprehension.

The question: Why do people hate jews?

The answer: Who cares. Only a true ignoramus functioning without a brain of his own and wasting the resources of society at large hates anyone based on their religious beliefs or race. Those aforementioned sloths will create reasons for their hatred whether they are real or not. One can only hope that evolution will weed out those whose limited brain functionality causes them to hate.

Good?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
... the same reason Christians are hated worldwide by other faiths ...

... hypocrisy.

... The Jewish law FORBIDS usury, avarice, exploitation, two sets of measures and Elitism;

... but the writings of the Talmud sanctify and rationalize ALL THOSE PRACTICES. Their Law says one thing, but they have Leaders who do something else.

... Likewise the Sermon on the Mount FORBIDS retribution, revenge, hoarding, sexual promiscuity and perjury;

... but the Christian community has adopted leadership that--having taken the Pentatuch LITERALLY--impose all those practices on our American society with impunity. Our Leadership today are PREDATORY so-called Christians. But Jesus was not predatory; He was pacific.

... There are always hypocrites that make a Faith look bad, when in fact, it's the people infected with lies, deceit and Satanism who label themselves as members of that Faith, that make everybody in it look bad.

And that's what happens. I cannot speak for Islam, but I suspect the same phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
... the same reason Christians are hated worldwide by other faiths ...

... hypocrisy.

... The Jewish law FORBIDS usury, avarice, exploitation, two sets of measures and Elitism;

... but the writings of the Talmud sanctify and rationalize ALL THOSE PRACTICES. Their Law says one thing, but they have Leaders who do something else.

... Likewise the Sermon on the Mount FORBIDS retribution, revenge, hoarding, sexual promiscuity and perjury;

... but the Christian community has adopted leadership that--having taken the Pentatuch LITERALLY--impose all those practices on our American society with impunity. Our Leadership today are PREDATORY so-called Christians. But Jesus was not predatory; He was pacific.

... There are always hypocrites that make a Faith look bad, when in fact, it's the people infected with lies, deceit and Satanism who label themselves as members of that Faith, that make everybody in it look bad.

And that's what happens. I cannot speak for Islam, but I suspect the same phenomenon.

becarefuly what you say man,
i really dont want to see you get flamed

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Emily...

The Jewish law FORBIDS usury, avarice, exploitation, two sets of measures and Elitism...

Seems to me that "usury" and "strictly forbidden" are a relative terms? I mean geez, the aristocracy of the Middle Ages had no problemo at all from forcing and/or persuading the rich within Jewish communities to loan them monies. They then inturn boot those same Jew's out because they didn't want to have to pay them back. Hell, it evens gets better...those same aristocratic types then call them back and say, "Hey, it's ok to come back and live within our lands again, only if you let me borrow somemore funds...." Same ole' typical BS, IMHO.

The Jew's delve in "carry" type monies, not cash. Why? One main reason was that it was easier to carry when your life was threatened! "Carry" type monies would be gems, etc. There is nothing forbidding one from being successful and wealthy, despite the claims at how such wealth was obtained. Reads like envy to me....envy towards Jews.

seekerof

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I once posted a multi page post on the Talmud and I'm not typing it again so permit me to just sum it up really quickly here to answer Emily's point on the talmud.

The Talmud is a monstrous collection (I'm talking many thousands of pages of small print) of discussions and theories and debates. The Talmud is not seen as law by anyone and is learned for analytical skill and to become more well versed in the laws that the debates are based on. The Talmud is not fact, it is not law, it does not represent any one opinion and certainly not a majority opinion of any Jewish body. If you read it you will find it conversational in nature, and conflicting as well. And so it should be. Debates are two or more conflicting sides, are they not? That is the point of the Talmud. I've read it, most people who consider it some sort of Jewish supremacy work have not. Take it with a grain of salt, it's a collection of the debates and comments of THOUSANDS of different men from a long time ago. That was how they kept records. Not much else to it.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Honey, I've been flamed over these issues for years.

My [adopted] mother's people were Jewish and my father's people were catholic. I've been on both sides of both of these "faiths."

And the fact is, their leadership compromise what God told them to do, in the name of expediency and power relations.

My favorite Jews are the non-Zionist, non-predatory, non-aggressive variety.

www.rense.com...

and there are many Christians sects and denominations that take the Sermon on the Mount seriously and the Apostle Paul [who founded Calvinism] less seriously. I myself am an Episcopalean, by practice, and so are a couple of my children [the other, Buddhists].

So, let people think what they may about the thought I have rattling around in my head. But my behavior is law-abiding and I harm no one, ever, because my philosophy is pacific, not predatory.

So there.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
The question: Why do people hate jews?

The answer: Who cares. Only a true ignoramus functioning without a brain of his own and wasting the resources of society at large hates anyone based on their religious beliefs or race. Those aforementioned sloths will create reasons for their hatred whether they are real or not. One can only hope that evolution will weed out those whose limited brain functionality causes them to hate.

Good?

I wasn't saying why do we all hate jews, I was asking why have they been the subject of hate throughout the whole of time. It's a fact that they have, i'm really not trying to stir any religious hate at all.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yes indeed. And my reply was towards those who hate. Not you by any means. I find that we agree on quite a bit.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
But, you still seem to be missing the fact that theory and practice, when not in harmony, is what causes problems for ALL belief systems.

When people claim to have a comm link to God, and God says, Don't DO THIS. And then they go FIND REASONS WHY "doing this" is OKAY in the Name of God, then other people think they're crazy.

So, Judaism has a bunch of these crazies, and Christianity has a bunch of these crazies, and Islam has some; and Sikhism has some; and Hinduism has some; and Buddism has some.

I believe what we are talking about is the influence of Dark Subjective Forces over the egos of weak adherents to faith.

It should be no surprise by now--here--that weak adherents to faith find all sorts of reasons to act out unLaw-full behavior.

None of the prophets who mattered were predatory types; they all held to pacific ideals and to the work ethic.

People who do something else besides seek peace and work for a living are simply COUNTERFEIT SPIRITS.

So, what else is new? They come in ALL FLAVORS.

The only thing we can do to protect ourselves against these predatory sects and types is to connect to the Light Force--God--and discipline ourselves to "let your yes mean YES and your no, NO" "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and "Sufficient for each day is its own Evil; return Evil for Evil to no one."

Bingo. They can't get atcha anymore.

Praise God.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The Jews did not Kill Christ. What part of Christ died for your sins don't you understand? Jews did not pound nails thru his body. Nor put a spear thru his side. Rome was chosen to kill Christ by God.

Nope.

Pilot didn't want to kill Jesus...nor did he want him crucified. He didn't think Jesus guilty of any crime against Rome. He only reluctantly did so to keep the peace,

While thats the story given in the bible, its extremely unlikely. The jesus movement coincided with lots of other radicals in teh wilderness, and shortly thereafter outright rebellion broke out in the province of judea. I wouldn' t say the jesus movement were like the (actual) Zealot movement, but the romans absolutely would've viewed it as a threat. I mean, they wanted to do away with the old order and establish a new kingdom. There's only one way the roman authorities are going to take that. The jewish 'Messiah' wasn't supposed to be a religious leader per see, but a liberator of the oppressed jewish people, a new king, a military leader/general who was going to lead a physical revolution in which, at the time of the roman occupation, jews would kill romans and overthrown their government. Also, lots of people have made note that that decidedly 'roman friendly' take of the gospels is in large part a result of the remnants orf the jesus movement having to deal with being a defeated movement in a rome dominated world. I don't know how far that should be taken, but I don't think it can be beleived that they weren't hostile to the romans before hand nor that they went easy on them later on, especially considering that lots of romans converted to the movement.

However, this was NOT the act of the Jewish people as a whole, only powerful clerical leaders, who did not want to give up their power to one they perceived as a false king.

This is going to sound stupid but, after watching gibson's movie, I looked at it this way. THe romans were an allegory for the state. The pharisees for people in power who are only concerned with their power, and the jewish people for, well, the people, who inevitably make the wrong decision. The jews, historically, are slandered for the death of jesus, but, I think the jewish apostles, who, really man, they were jewish, would tend to disagree.

with the fact that many of the banking institutions were controlled by the Jews

Perhaps, but bankers in general aren't hated, its specifically the jews that are hated. I really think it is, more so in teh past than now, because the jews looked different, they dressed different, spoke different, lived differently, and were, well, different. Anythign different gets hated, especially in the savage times the followed the fall of the roman empire. Only now in the modern world are people starting to recognize this.

On usury, the jews were prohibited from loaning money to other jews for a fee (ie finance charges and the likes) but of course could do that to other peoples. Similiarly, the christians apparently were forbiden from charging money ot loan money to other christians, so the christians in power had jews do this for them. This is where the image of the jewish money lender comes from. But obviously not all jews were money lenders, and, again, one doesn't see anti- banking pogroms.

phixion
I was asking why have they been the subject of hate throughout the whole of time. It's a fact that they have

No its not. At least not especially hated. The romans didn't hate the jews, and the jews haven't been hated enough to be exterminated in europe, even when there were very very few of them. I don't think its a fact that they are universally reviled.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
when discussing human emotions.

There is no "average feelings" for or against a group of people.

There is no "standard response" to ANY phenomenon. Human beings are each and all, unique.

The top-down approach Nygdam adopts here does NOTHING to explain the phenomenon of hypocrisy or its effect on the ability of victims to respond to it.

It's just arm-waving. And so, I place Nygdam's response in a category with the Typical NWO response to every problem--using generalizations to disarm people from their efforts to try to figure out and resolve problems.

The approach to data--human interaction data--that it can be quantified, averaged and handled "by the bell curve" is the very Satanic approach that we must vilify and repudiate in this nation.

Aggregating data is the methodology of the New World Order. Let's not do that here. Generalizing is making judgments, TOP-DOWN as if we were gods.

That's what Satan did in the record we have of the lives of Job, Moses and Jesus. It's not a strategy that intelligent or wise people UTILIZE to figure out and resolve problems.

Nygdam, please don't confound our discussions with whole judgments about whole groups. All groups are segmented, fragmented and operate by point-of-view and not as monoliths.

Does this make sense? I'm attacking the method of aggregating data; not you personally. Okay?

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Emily. I don't think it's right to lump all the same attributes to certain groups of people either. It's so dehumanizeing.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

And so, I place Nygdam's response in a category with the Typical NWO response to every problem--using generalizations to disarm people from their efforts to try to figure out and resolve problems.

What in the world are you talking about? I am merely stating that I think jews are so hated because whereever they go they are different, they stick out, they're seen as 'others' and others are almost allways treated poorly.

The approach to data--human interaction data--that it can be quantified, averaged and handled "by the bell curve" is the very Satanic approach that we must vilify and repudiate in this nation.

Man, you sure are getting off track. I don't think anyone has said anything like this. And i find it funny that you talk about all generalizations in general being generally satanic.

Aggregating data is the methodology of the New World Order. Let's not do that here. Generalizing is making judgments, TOP-DOWN as if we were gods.

So you never look at broad classes of phenomenon? When you see an apple fall you figure its a unique event, each time? WHat in the world is the problem with looking at the subject of this thread in broad terms? I am completely stunned that you are looking at my response this way.

That's what Satan did in the record we have of the lives of Job, Moses and Jesus. It's not a strategy that intelligent or wise people UTILIZE to figure out and resolve problems.

Are you serious? Its a perfectly valid way to consider an issue or a problem.

Nygdam, please don't confound our discussions with whole judgments about whole groups. All groups are segmented, fragmented and operate by point-of-view and not as monoliths.

So you think that basicaly the issue of anti-semitism simply can't be addressed then?

Does this make sense?

no, it doesn't make sense in the least. It doesn't even approach the limit of 'making sense'. You think that the issue of anti-semitism can only be looked at on an individual person by person basis, throughout all of history? And that to do otherwise is to be motivated by Satan and controlled by the NWO?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yep.

That's what I think.

That judgment and a buck and a half might buy me a cup of coffee somewhere.

But that's where I stand on this issue. And I'm delighted to see that you got all the way down to >MY POINT< Good work.

Okay? Yes, generalizations are Evil. [nod nod]

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Okay? Yes, generalizations are Evil.

No. Generalizations are not evil. Sometimes they are inaccurate, and sometimes they are wrong. What in particular do you think is so evil about my statements here? All i have said is that the jews, being perceived as being different, get treated poorly. Not only is this observation not evil, I strongly suspect its not even inaccurate, and in fact quite correct.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I found an article a while back written that gave the reasons that people through the ages have hated Jews and why the reasons never seem to hold up. I don't have the link but I did copy down the information for future articles.

Between the years 250 CE and 1948 CE a period of 1,700 years Jews have experienced more than eighty expulsions from various countries in Europe an average of nearly one expulsion every twenty-one years. Jews were expelled from England, France, Austria, Germany, Lithuania, Spain, Portugal, Bohemia, Moravia and seventy-one other countries.

Historians have classified six explanations as to why people hate the Jews:

1. Economic -- "We hate Jews because they possess too much wealth and power."

The Jews of 17th- 20th century Poland and Russia were dirt poor, had no influence and yet they were hated.

2. Chosen People -- "We hate Jews because they arrogantly claim that they are the chosen people."

a) In the late 19th century, the Jews of Germany denied "Choseness." And then they worked on assimilation. Yet, the holocaust started there. b) Christians and Moslems profess to being the "Chosen people," yet, the world and the anti-Semites tolerate them.

3. Scapegoat -- "Jews are a convenient group to single out and blame for our troubles."

Any group must already be hated to be an effective scapegoat. The Scapegoat Theory does not then cause anti-Semitism. Rather, anti-Semitism is what makes the Jews a convenient scapegoat target. Hitler's rantings and ravings would not be taken seriously if he said, "It's the bicycle riders and the midgets who are destroying our society."

4. Deicide -- "We hate Jews because they killed Jesus."

a) the Christian Bible says the Romans killed Jesus, though Jews are mentioned as accomplices (claims that Jews killed Jesus came several hundred years later). Why are the accomplices persecuted and there isn't an anti-Roman movement throughout history? b) Jesus himself said, "Forgive them [i.e., the Jews], for they know not what they do." The Second Vatican Council in 1963 officially exonerated the Jews as the killers of Jesus. Neither statement of Christian belief lessened anti-Semitism.

5. Outsiders -- "We hate Jews because they are different than us." (The dislike of the unlike.)

With the Enlightenment in the late 18th century, many Jews rushed to assimilate. Anti-Semitism should have stopped. Instead, for example, with the Nazis came the cry, in essence: "We hate you, not because you're different, but because you're trying to become like us! We cannot allow you to infect the Aryan race with your inferior genes."

6. Racial Theory -- "We hate Jews because they are an inferior race."

The overriding problem with this theory is that it is self-contradictory: Jews are not a race. Anyone can become a Jew and members of every race, creed and color in the world have done so at one time or another.

Every other hated group is hated for a relatively defined reason. Jews, however, are hated in paradoxes: Jews are hated for being a lazy and inferior race but also for dominating the economy and taking over the world. Jews are hated for stubbornly maintaining separateness and, when they do assimilate for posing a threat to racial purity through intermarriages. Jews are seen as pacifists and as warmongers; as capitalist exploiters and as revolutionary communists; possessed of a Chosen-People mentality, as well as of an inferiority complex. It seems that Jews just can't win.

-------------------

Let me also talk about point number 4 for a minute since it is being talked about in this thread and it is usually a hot issue. The "Christians" that say the Jews or the Romans killed Jesus are missing the boat. Jesus was not a martyr. Jesus was a sacrifice. Big difference. Jesus himself says, "Therefore doth the Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. No one taketh it away from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment received I from my Father." Jesus is saying that no man has the power to kill him. He dies only because he freely decides to die and that he has the power to live again.

Even when the loyal disciples were going to defend Jesus against the Romans Jesus said, "Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?" Jesus is saying stop fighting. He says that if he wanted to then he could ask his Father and this would all stop. He had the power to call down more than twelve legions of angels. That's around 72,000+ angels.

If you are a Christian then no one killed Jesus. He gave up his life to die for you.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by zerotime]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join