It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have the Jews been hated throughout time?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Throughout time many different people and powers have hated upon the Jew’s. From the very early years up to the present day Jews have been forced to leave over eighty countries, in Europe alone. Jews have been forced to leave such countries as England, France, Austria, Germany, Bohemia, Spain and many others.

www.simpletoremember.com... - Information on the ‘six classifications’ of why Jews are hated

www.simpletoremember.com... - A timeline of Jewish persecution

From the Romans to New York to Hitler to The Palestinians.

Does anyone have any views on why the Jews have been persecuted throughout time for no real reason, or do people believe there are real reasons?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Good question. I have often wondered the same thing. Are they not the Chrisitian's gods "chosen people"? Anyone with any type of answer or therory on this?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Lady V, the simple answer to why the Jews are hated is.........this planet is owned and operated by EVIL. As Gods chosen people of course the Jews would be hated because they are the chosen people. America is made up of the "lost" tribes so in the end times we would also be Hated.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
America is made up of the "lost" tribes so in the end times we would also be Hated.

hmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't think I buy that...
EDITED to add "don't" I was half awake

[edit on 11/15/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
To expand, the Jews are the only tribe that kept the "faith" and covenant, "Sabath on Saturday". The lost tribes have the promise of Gods "chosen ones" but haven't kept the covenant or in many cases the "faith". As such they were driven from Israel into europe and from europe to the US. The US is now becoming the land of the "fallen". The US "holocost" is yet to happen.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The simple fact is that the Jews have always been the money lenders - at teh start christians couldn't lend money and receive interest (the bible says it is wrong), but there was no problem with the Jews receiving interest, so they lent the money and made big profits.

They were so influential that they lent money to kings, nobility, etc and when when it came time to pay it back the powerful debtors sometimes decided to just not pay and start some lies and rumors about the Jews to incite public hatred and whola the jews get kicked out of the nation with nothing - or at worst Genocide.

Basically we hate those we owe...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Why have the Jews been hated throughout time?

This may or may not be the entire reason, but many historical and religious scholars stipulate that the so-called animousity and 'hatred' is because it was the "Jews" that killed Jesus Christ. This was the prevailing sentiment and reasoning during the early to high Middle Ages and culminating with Hitler in the 1930-40's.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I would say the main reason is because they killed jesus. The next is because they hold on to money.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The Jews did not Kill Christ. What part of Christ died for your sins don't you understand? Jews did not pound nails thru his body. Nor put a spear thru his side. Rome was chosen to kill Christ by God.

As for "holding money" the Jews are the chosen. They also tithe (give 10% of their income to the temple) and are blessed by God in return. A nice double whammy.

A 2000 year old "lie" is still a lie.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think it is beacuse all their deli's serve food which is just so darn good you gotta go back and get some more. Damn I hate that.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

America is made up of the "lost" tribes so in the end times we would also be Hated.

How in the world did a group of people taken into slavery by the assyrians wind up in north america?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I Dont hate Jews, i hate Zioist Israel which uses the jewish religion for its acts. Now, i do understand that jews suffered alot. But i think people hate jews for alot of reasons.

1- They killed the most divine human JESUS.
2- There is a sterotype that they are stinggy and hold to money.
3- thier excessive use of force in Israel.
4- The excessive use of Anit-Semetic everytime they are in trouble.

Thats all, I myself respect jew people. Its not the religion its the person.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I would say the main reason is because they killed jesus.

Really? When did this happen? I thought his execution was ordered by italians? He was crucified right? Thats somthing the romans, not the jews, do.

The next is because they hold on to money.

You don't own a wallet? Or a savings account? People hate the jews because they are different. Everyone everywhere hates someone else because they are different. anti-semitism is so big because the jews got dispersed from their native territory. They got spread by the romans all over europe and their empire, and by the babylonians into lots of the middle east. So there were lots of places where jews were. And whereever that was, they were foreigners, and bigoted people tend to hate foreigners. Not really anything complex here.

Even in alexandria, there were 'riots' between the greeks and the jews living there. They both looked at eachother as weird, silly, different and inferior.

phixion
From the Romans to New York to Hitler to The Palestinians.

Since when did the romans hate the jews? They left them in charge when they invaded judea, and treated them like pretty much every other tribe they conquered. They only went to all out war with them when there was a general uprising. The romans as a culture didn't hate the jews. And since when does New York hate jews? Hitler hated just about everyone, and the palestinians, well, they're in a conflict with the jews right now, but the arabs haven't allways hated the jews. THere doesn't appear to be much truth to this 'everyone has allways hated the jews' bit.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Give me a break Jews think they are chosen by god, now doesnt that remind u of nazis

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Give me a break Jews think they are chosen by god, now doesnt that remind u of nazis

um no

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

How in the world did a group of people taken into slavery by the assyrians wind up in north america?

The 10 tribes left the promised land some as slaves some just left and went into europe around 722 BC.
Shortly thereafter the rise of Greek then Roman empires happened. You should be able to get the rest from history books.

Archaic Period (750 - 500 BC) - The period in which the beginnings of Greek monumental stone sculpture and other developments in the naturalistic representation of the human figure are found. During the Archaic Age the Greeks developed the most widespread and influential of their new political forms, the city-state, or polis . Rise of the aristocracies. Greek colonization of Southern Italy and Sicily begins.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I agree with what was said about the money lenders, what do people think about the 6 classifications on the link in the first post?

[edit on 15-11-2004 by phixion]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Any particular reason why this is in the Current Events forum? I see absolutely nothing current in this thread. In fact I don't see anything more current than arguments that are a few thousand years old.

I shouldn't touch the whole Jesus thing because closed minded people will remain closed minded regardless of what I say. All I can say is an echo of an above poster. If you claim to be an observant christian (as the fellow who talks about the most divine human jesus CLAIMS to be) you'll understand why you're a fool for buying into that puke. If you're an observant christian you understand that Jesus died for humanity's sins and this was an unavoidable event in which Romans, Jews and whomever else you clowns try to "blame" were totally irrelevant. You can't be a religious Christian and "blame" anyone. I am more familiar with your beliefs than you are? That's almost funny. In the interim I suggest you buy a new argument.

As for the other argument? Stingy and hold money? Why don't you go ahead and join the cast of Jerry Springer with that argument. I think it's quite amusing because 1) Jews are REQUIRED by their bible to give 10% of their income to charity and 2) if those damn rich jews are always living in huge houses, driving fancy cars and wearing lots of jewelry how pray tell are they being cheap? Because they don't give you any? JERRY JERRY JERRY.

Back to the first note: This needs to be moved into an appropriate forum. Not current events. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
2) if those damn rich jews are always living in huge houses, driving fancy cars and wearing lots of jewelry how pray tell are they being cheap? Because they don't give you any? JERRY JERRY JERRY.

I did not say Jews were being cheap.

When you say 'those damn rich jews are always living in huge houses, driving fancy cars and wearing lots of jewelry' I dont quite understand. Those dam rich Christians over the road from me have a nice big house and a fancy car. Surely anyone who's 'damn rich' would have a huge house, fancy car and wear lots of jewelry. I know Jews who have very little money.

Which section do you think this thread will be more appropriate in?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
I think it is beacuse all their deli's serve food which is just so darn good you gotta go back and get some more. Damn I hate that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join