It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by wildtimes

Not in the last century! The communists and the Nazis have that honor.

Most of Nazis were Christians, and many Russians were and are Christians as well. If you think about Hitler and Stalin, those guys what they did have not done because of their (dis)belief in God, were on other hand, we had centuries of killings, crucifixions and witches hunts... as matter of fact, we still have religious killings all around the world...

You got your facts AGAIN wrong... try again...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

No the Nazis were a bunch of theocratic dictator worshiping nationalist. The Communists are not much different yet notably absent the pretense of religion out side the STATE.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by windword

Hay besides, Jesus didn't have to teach them about germs and hand washing. The Pharisees must have been doing that because they got all over Jesus for not washing before eating once. So they must have know for Petes sake!

Jesus said to them..." you are the ones that make clean the dinner plate but inside your full of all sorts of corruption".

Right. And how many people stopped washing their plates because of what Jesus said?

Face it. Jesus didn't teach about germs because Jesus didn't know about germs. Whoever told Christians that they could drink poison and handle deadly snakes was deadly irresponsible.

Telling people not to worry about what they put into their mouths, is irresponsible. I guess Jesus didn't know about food poisoning and salmonella bacteria either.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

windword

Logarock
reply to post by windword

Hay besides, Jesus didn't have to teach them about germs and hand washing. The Pharisees must have been doing that because they got all over Jesus for not washing before eating once. So they must have know for Petes sake!

Jesus said to them..." you are the ones that make clean the dinner plate but inside your full of all sorts of corruption".

Right. And how many people stopped washing their plates because of what Jesus said?

Face it. Jesus didn't teach about germs because Jesus didn't know about germs. Whoever told Christians that they could drink poison and handle deadly snakes was deadly irresponsible.

Telling people not to worry about what they put into their mouths, is irresponsible. I guess Jesus didn't know about food poisoning and salmonella bacteria either.

I suppose because Jesus didn't tell them about watching what they put in their mouths then he is also to blame for the spread of AIDs.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

What is that supposed to mean? Do you even know how AIDS/HIV is transmitted? Hint, you can't get it by sharing food.

Can I get AIDS from sharing a cup or shaking hands with someone who has HIV or AIDS?
HIV is found only in body fluids, so you cannot get HIV by shaking someone’s hand or giving them a hug (or by using the same toilet or towel). While HIV is found in saliva, sharing cups or utensils has never been shown to transmit HIV.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

They were no atheist, if that is your implication. Look at this:

Dr Zoellner and [Catholic Bishop of Munster] Count Galen have tried to make clear to me that Christianity consists in faith in Christ as the son of God. That makes me laugh... No, Christianity is not dependent upon the Apostle's Creed... True Christianity is represented by the party, and the German people are now called by the party and especially the Fuehrer to a real Christianity... the Fuehrer is the herald of a new revelation".

— Hans Kerrl, Nazi Minister for Church Affairs, 1937

All they did is just replace Bible with another man made book - Mein Kampf. Results we all know.

As for Stalin, that was already discussed here on ATS on different topic. He never executed anyone because of his Atheistic beliefs, but just to keep a power. Before his time, Communist did destroyed many churches and have imprisoned/killed many pastors but not for their beliefs but because church has sided with anti revolutionary side in 1917 revolution. That does not mean what they did was excusable, but Stalin and after him did fix some of those mistake by repairing and building churches, even they did not believe in God.

You know, this is history you could gather by studying and learning. Don't trust everything you hear in your Sunday mass...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Religion is called the opiate of the masses for a reason. Much as an addict will do most anything for a drug once their addiction has taken a certain foothold in their mind, and a zealot will do pretty much anything for something with an -ism attached to it. Humans were never designed to fight physically in the first place, our climb to the top of our food chain has always been one of mental superiority. Think about driving a herd of buffalo off a cliff, same concept.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

whyamIhere
C'mon man.

Jesus is the most documented person in History.

You can question his story.....but he certainly wasn't made up.

"Most documented in history"? Who's history? The Bible? Who designed the Bible? Who picked which books would be included? The council of Nicea? The Romans created Jesus from the cult of Julius Caesar. See the attached link for Francesco Carotta's book...if your open minded and not brainwashed by some religious imprint. If you are then well..Peace to you. With all due respect.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1381954969&sr=1-1&keywords=carotta[edit by]edit on 16-10-2013 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

JESUS CHRIST! AMAZON WANTS $180. FOR A COPY OF THIS BOOK! Sorry I suggested it. I smell a conspiracy! AND it smells like the JESUITS! Sit back and enjoy the Freak show my freinds...Oh look...Boehners crying again!!
edit on 16-10-2013 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

In the end they all come down to the same core. The hunger of absolute power. They may wear different masks, but in the end it is all the same. The sick and twisted individuals in every group hungers for power over others.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

ltheghost
uk.prweb.com...

Ran across this article today. Thoughts? And what are the ramifications if it is true? Or is this just sloppy research or something to discredit an entire religion?
edit on Wed Oct 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

it's not true. I know, Jesus is real and not make believe.

How do I know? i used to study to be a minister. I did all the things in the bible jesus said to do in his name and after much doing those things, prayer and fasting, I was able to lay hands on the sick and heal them according to my amount of faith. I could anoint the heads with olive oil lay hands on them, pray and almost instantly things like my ex wifes migraines would go Poof. I could heal colds and other minor illnesses.. or rather.. Jesus would heal through me as a willing vessel. There is no way you can tell me Jesus words are not as he claims Spirit and Life because I have experienced it first hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aside form that the article is wrong about lots of things.. those people sure didn't know their bible. For instance it says,

They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

Above they don't take into account Jesus said he didn't come to bring peace but a sword. He even told his disciples to go buy weapons to protect themselves.. now if this is the same made up stuff they "created", why is this in direct contradiction to the above? If they actually wrote those things then it would seem they wanted War. No peaceful Messiah story here.

They are taking things out of context to try and back up these silly phoney documents they claimed they found.
edit on 16-10-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

SuperFrog

Most of Nazis were Christians, and many Russians were and are Christians as well. If you think about Hitler and Stalin, those guys what they did have not done because of their (dis)belief in God, were on other hand, we had centuries of killings, crucifixions and witches hunts... as matter of fact, we still have religious killings all around the world...

You got your facts AGAIN wrong... try again...

It's generally acknowledged by historians the part Martin Luther's christian/ anti scemitic drivel, which sowed the seeds of anti Jewish resentment for centuries, played in the holocaust. In many ways, it could be considered the fulfillment of Luther's insanity. A quick look at Mien Kampf seems to indicate Hitler's "athiesm" as a myth also. Seems he was more of a creationist.

Though I doubt it was motivated by religion, or atheism.....religion was certainly a great tool of manipulation used by the Nazis.

And the Founder of Christianity made no secret indeed of His estimation of the Jewish people. When He found it necessary He drove those enemies of the human race out of the Temple of God; because then, as always, they used religion as a means of advancing their commercial interests. But at that time Christ was nailed to the Cross for his attitude towards the Jews; whereas our modern Christians enter into party politics and when elections are being held they debase themselves to beg for Jewish votes. They even enter into political intrigues with the atheistic Jewish parties against the interests of their own Christian nation. Mein Kampf p. 174

I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator. - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 2

I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord's work. - Adolf Hitler, Speech, Reichstag, 1936

As to Luther's (christian) influence.....

The prevailing scholarly view[42] since the Second World War is that the treatise exercised a major and persistent influence on Germany's attitude toward its Jewish citizens in the centuries between the Reformation and the Holocaust.

en.wikipedia.org...

Has their ever been such wars instigated or populations manipulated in the name of non beliefs....?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Surely you realize that your personal claims (whether true or not) have no real bearing as to whether someone lived/or not, 2000 years ago?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

HUMBLEONE

"Most documented in history"? Who's history? The Bible? Who designed the Bible? Who picked which books would be included? The council of Nicea? The Romans created Jesus from the cult of Julius Caesar. See the attached link for Francesco Carotta's book...if your open minded and not brainwashed by some religious imprint. If you are then well..Peace to you. With all due respect.

Ok so you came to this idea of Jesus/Julius Cesar after (lol) completely destroying, in several short lines, the bible, nicea ect then promoting your own "book".

edit on 17-10-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So they stole the wisdom of Jesus from other sources
, still good to use if you wish to avoid confict

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Logarock
Ok so you came to this idea of Jesus/Julius Cesar after (lol) completely destroying, in several short lines, the bible, nicea ect then promoting your own "book".

This is no new idea, just more info on already existing ideas... all of them point to religions being based on ancient scriptures from times before modern religions. For example we today know that part of laws we see come from Hittites, from whom Torah copied for example - do not kill your kin, something Hittites hold dear - and that got further modified in modern Bible and Koran.
For example, Nazareth, today taken by many as place of Jesus birth actually archeologically does not fit description at all to place as described.
There is just too many inaccuracies, which can be attributed to time when it was written/copied and to (low) knowledge of writer.

arpgme
So they stole the wisdom of Jesus from other sources
, still good to use if you wish to avoid confict

You either are ironically joking or you just don't making comment about something you don't know much about... please explain - how do you use it if you 'wish' to avoid conflicts (if this is what you meant)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by Spectral Norm

See what I'm saying?

Indeed, I do. We are not so different on this issue as you might imagine.

Honestly, I find most Christians exhausting, including many preachers. I do not mind evangelism, although it is certainly not my strong suit. I am far too much of a loner for that sort of thing. However, I feel that if one truly aspires to teach others about God, then one absolutely must renounce all desire for worldly acclaim or possession. One must become, if you like, a walking example of Matthew 6.

I think that St. Paul would have been aghast at some of these guys today, with their fancy cars and houses and what not. For my own part, they are certainly far from the example of asceticism and generosity that I look for and, however imperfectly, strive to emulate.

Generally I find them to be relatively uninformed with regard to their chosen subject matter as well. I am not saying that every Christian should take the same approach that I have. My own faith has caused me to look deeply into the early Christian, as well as Jewish and Pagan, literature. Therefore, it has become necessary to become comfortable with Latin and Greek. It has taken quite a bit of time and effort, and the process continues, as I learn to read Coptic and Syriac. But I am sorely tired of having a stream of biblical quotations thrown at me as argument, and usually wildly out of the context in which they were written. I cringe whenever I see the Greek "logos" translated as "word," and then treated as if that were the only possible translation. Anyone who has spent ten minutes reading the Stoics will recognize that the term "logos" had a far wider connotation in Hellenistic thought than something printed on a page of a book (or scroll).

But all is not bleak. Occasionally I run into a priest, or minister, or deacon, or simply religious, who really knows his or her stuff. These moments are relatively infrequent, but they are a joy when they come. But I digress.

What bothers me about Atwill is not necessarily the money-grubbing. Good luck with that, I say, if that is what you think will make you happy. Nor is it that his thesis tends to run counter to that which I believe. That happens a hundred times a day and is to be expected. It is primarily that I am not offered anything to rebut. All I am given is some vague references to Josephus' History of the Roman-Jewish Wars, which I have read, in Greek and in several translations, and still do not see how Atwill's ideas derive from it, and a comment that, of course, every educated Roman would have seen through the ruse, when no educated Roman, to my knowledge, ever indicated as much. Maybe I am wrong. Let us hope that Atwill will one day be kind enough to share his details with those of us who do not possess the wherewithal to attend his lecture.

Thanks for your kind attention and peace be with you.

(post by DeadSeraph removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

So people risking lives makes a story true? I believe he was a real person too but i think many myths were added too.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

ltheghost
uk.prweb.com...

Ran across this article today. Thoughts? And what are the ramifications if it is true? Or is this just sloppy research or something to discredit an entire religion?
edit on Wed Oct 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

Very interesting reading, but its nothing new. Even in the biblical account of the ressurection there were those that to prevent an embarrassment to the state spread stories....
Matthew 28:11–15
The Report of the Guard
11 While they were going, behold, some of the guard went into the city and told the chief priests all that had taken place. 12 And when they had assembled with the elders and taken counsel, they gave a sufficient sum of money to the soldiers 13 and said, “Tell people, ‘His disciples came by night and stole him away while we were asleep.’ 14 And if this comes to the governor’s ears, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.” 15 So they took the money and did as they were directed. And this story has been spread among the Jews to this day.
edit on 18-11-2013 by bjrichardson because: spellin'

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix

it's not true. I know, Jesus is real and not make believe.

How do I know? i used to study to be a minister. I did all the things in the bible jesus said to do in his name and after much doing those things, prayer and fasting, I was able to lay hands on the sick and heal them according to my amount of faith. I could anoint the heads with olive oil lay hands on them, pray and almost instantly things like my ex wifes migraines would go Poof. I could heal colds and other minor illnesses.. or rather.. Jesus would heal through me as a willing vessel. There is no way you can tell me Jesus words are not as he claims Spirit and Life because I have experienced it first hand.

I'll serve you an anecdote right back.

I was at one of these loony-ass "Jesus' healing" masquerades.

Guess what? All the people with physical ailments... has a family member help them display that they were "healed" in some way:

1. A guy who had a hearing aid because he couldn't hear high frequencies had his sister say something in high frequencies and -- AMAZINGLY
-- he could repeat what she said.

2. A guy who wore contacts had his brother stand at the back of the room and hold up 3 fingers and -- AMAZINGLY
-- he knew how many fingers he was holding up from way back there!

3. A guy who apparently had a bad back, was confirmed by his brother that he couldn't straighten his back at all for any period of time -- AMAZINGLY
-- suddenly felt much better an was standing up straight

Did I mention it was a night camp for 14-17 year olds?

We all woke up the next morning. Chris had his hearing aids in, Diego had his glasses on, and Mark had the posture of an eggplant.

And now I'm supposed to believe that Jesus was real 2000 years ago because you're doing this "healing", hm? Nonsense. Your wife is lying about her migraines being healed because she believes in God too and all of you people want to convince eachother that he loves you enough to help you out sometimes.

Liars.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join