It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

In which forum would I put that

I think it will actually be a nice refresher....I see most everyone....(those who deny a historical Jesus and even those who believe) conveniently repeating the same old washed out rhetoric you can find anywhere on the internet. No one discusses Robin Hood....We might actually have to use our own brains(or at the very least get one on loan) for this one....

A2D

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

AutOmatIc
reply to post by WhoWhatWhenWhere2420

Interesting. Why do you (and most everyone else) still refer to God as "He", "His", "Him", in the male sense? Is not God both male AND female? Making God ipso facto a hermaphrodite. Just curious...

It is interesting that negative and positive, male and female, ying and yang, are promoted constantly as being the choices, when it is very clear that many, MANY more are certainly affecting EVERYTHING.

Thinking about creation in this way is incredibly limiting.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hey check this out. May mean something. They just made a mistake and 6000 religious coins were mislabeled Lesus rather than Jesus.
www.independent.co.uk...

Who the hell is Lesus!

Lesus Christ.

Sounds like a salesman.

Now that’s got to mean something!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Hey good post.

I use to have a friend who always said to me:
"God is the devil"

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

And when they finally manage to open it, or think they have, that's when they too will be caught red handed in a double bind from which they cannot escape, and the joke will be on them too, but it started here of all places..

"And the last shall be first and the first, last."

Liberation is liberation, and protection from predation ie: untouchability is real protection.

It (the Great Work) has either all power or no power at all, and is either meaningful and significant or meaningless and insignificant.

For us it's not eat or be eaten within the context of wicked powers and principalities, but "here, eat of me" instead.

There is nothing, from end to end, and no power or principality either of this world (domain) or any other that can separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ.

You say my paradigm is plausible but not deep enough, not far reaching enough, but maybe it is, and it wasn't my paradigm only the one I was compelled to try on for size in making a deep and thorough inquiry into this whole Jesus business, what I've come to think of as "the Jesus project", which does appear to involve a type of conspiracy which transcends the whole of it all even time itself, so what power or principality can stand against us?

Untouchable in the love of Christ where the real treasure is, and it cannot be stolen once appropriated.

Thus we can sing and whistle a merry tune as God's glory and power is revealed through us in the most subtle ways, ways capable of showing up anything that might take a crack at us.

Don't assume. Been there done that got the t-shirt, not '___', but via what some call "the dark night of the soul", which really amounts to nothing more than an epic comedy in a great joke told from here of all places to the chagrin I'm sure of some or of many little do they realize in their self-assured righteousness that God might have punk'd them too by their very act of observation or jealous impulse.

The parable of the Prodigal Son comes to mind here, in particular the role of the elder brother who refused to come in for the party and the celebration for the return of the lost son.

Jesus made himself manifest here for a reason, maybe even because of the possibility of predation, to send a signal capable of traversing the entire depth and breadth and spectrum of all being and becoming here and everywhere. This is why I call his Great Work the "Superdeterministic Cosmological Magnum Opus of Jesus Christ". There are no half measures about it.

Oh God it's so funny.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Thank you.

Everything usually is the opposite of what it seems. Which is, in and of itself..itself.

It wasn't Christ who ruined the world with his message. (Or whoever wrote it/made it up depending on how you look at it)

It's all a continuation of an evolving moral code.
Christ opens it to EVERYONE.
Regardless of "what you believe'
Believe in his ways of life.
Believe in his spirit.
Believe in yourself.
Experience Life as it should be.

Sadly, much if not all of history has gone nothing according to this. Some people seem to think "They" are worthy of the ability to judge the character of another. That they are "Christians" or Christ-Like.

When in reality, many of those are either. Christianity will begin when the King returns. Giving yourself a title that your actions haven't earned are blasphemous.

If it means that you have to live this perfect lifestyle only after being selectively chosen by God then clearly. This doesn't seem logical in our current mindset and based off of our sciences.

If living like this is even possible. We would see instances of miracles everywhere. (Some would argue we do)
The fact is. Christianity is..like most other "philosophies" at its core. An "Idea". It is, by far. An idea way before its time. Which is oddly what it was when it first appeared.

Perhaps Christ is Real?!
The question is. Are we?
Look at the world around us.
Is it not BOTH Good & Evil?
Whenever we decide that Absolute Peace and Prosperity is possible is the day we meet Christ.
Yet at this rate, I'd say it is still about 2,000 years off.

To think about it.
Any way in which you simply talk about the Christ.
You keep him alive.
edit on 11-10-2013 by WhoWhatWhenWhere2420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2013 by WhoWhatWhenWhere2420 because: Misc.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hitchens mentioned this in one of his books...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

ParasuvO

the only thing the "evil" entities want is to get us to open the last gate, so they can finally put down the energy which powers it all, without a thought about consequence.

Consider however for a moment, if you will, the idea that Jesus is himself the last gate and the last line of defense in the form of a really good offense, and that God in his infinite wisdom assigned to a human being, of all things, the supreme task of protecting and securing the domain of heaven, without any money or "hard" technology of any kind whereby it may be said that the definition of Virtue is - power, restrained..

Now wouldn't that be funny and a supreme joke aimed at anyone who might be trying to tunnel their way in by a different route?

And wouldn't it be funny if the apex of it all culminated at the cross of Jesus Christ where the final judgement rendered from the top down, is forgiveness, and where the heart of the law of life and love, is mercy? Sure turns the tables on anyone who comes not to serve but only to be served by..

And it sure would do a number on anyone who might presume that hijacking control over our world and the domain of man would grant them the rule of a type of cosmic dominion making of earth of all places (God's "footstool") the centerpoint and cornerstone of an evil empire... unless, unless someone or some institution.. were to hijack Christ himself and, placing him into a stained glass "prison" of sorts, hold him hostage and prisoner in an infallible doctrine enshrined in the very midst of that same empire... hmmm..

If so they were manning the wrong gate and for all the wrong reasons.

Hitler had something to say about the breathtaking grandiosity of the Roman Catholic (which means, "universal") hierarchy, and then abruptly stopped talking as if treading on ground that he himself feared to tread.

"There has never been anything more grandios than the hierarchical organization of the Catholic Church. I transferred much of this organization into my own Party." (and then he got nrevous and said something like he ought not speak any further about it.)

# Hitler speech, 26 June 1934, to assure Catholic bishops that he would take action against the new pagan propaganda.

# "I know that here and there the objection has been raised: Yes, but you have deserted Christianity. No, it is not that we have deserted Christianity; it is those who came before us who deserted Christianity. We have only carried through a clear division between politics, which have to do with terrestrial things, and religion, which must concern itself with the celestial sphere.

Personally I think that's why Joseph Ratzinger resigned as Pope. He got caught between a rock and a very hard place, and needed to devote the remainder of his life to prayer and solitude to "decompress". (see how funny it might be?)

"Open wide the doors to Christ" (Pope John Paul II)

I'd say that's a good idea, not because Christ is contained inside, but to let him OUT, since the Spirit is radically free and like the wind blows where it will.. as the love of God blows through the divided middle of the twin pillars of Justice and Mercy rendered large at Golgotha or Calvary.

Just thinking out loud.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 12-10-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011.

May God rest his soul.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Know what, i actually find
the Stargate history more
plausible than the Bible
history.

And compare the two, either way
BOTH can be the actual truth. IF
you MUST belive in something.
And me personaly, id rather
belive in O´Neill....

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

GREAT POINTS. THX.

Am reading now . . .

THE RHEMA CODE by Scott Schang,

MY FATHER! MY FATHER! by Sam Soleyn

& DESTINED TO REIGN by Joseph Prince

As well as a new one to me . . . THE MIRROR BIBLE (much New Testament completed so far). It is translated to emphasize the MIRROR IMAGE OF THE SON. Eph 1&2 in it is rich.

All the above are available on Kindle, BTW. I think MY FATHER, MY FATHER is free on Amazon.

Am being strengthened, affirmed . . . rewiring some stinkin' thinkin' . . . toward a more robust set of convictions and perspectives in line with your points . . .

NOTHING CAN SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHEN WE ARE IN CHRIST . . . AND HE IN US.

Certainly the enemy and his eons long conspiracies culminating in his last full court press in our era . . . will not go away without much bloodshed.

Nevertheless, we can be overcomers by THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB AND THE WORD OF OUR TESTIMONY.

Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord of the angel armies.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

With respect to what you posted, Christian teachings, 1st century, teach that the christian wrestles with his human nature, that the old nature yet resides to war with the spirit. This in itself is at the core of the spiritual awakening rather than simply trying to adopt law codes for a perfect lifestyle. The christian is thus warned not to forget that they were once in this state of unawareness and so should keep that in mind with humility when dealing with folks that haven't come to that understanding. And really, this understanding is not something that should drive one to self-righteousness but to a point understanding what sort of,forgive me but scumbag, they really are inside.

edit on 12-10-2013 by Logarock because: n

(post by DeadSeraph removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Hitchens should have mentioned people like you. People who argue pointlessly in the face of contrary evidence. Oh wait... Hitchens DID mention people like you. They are called EVANGELICALS.

Really missing my eye rolling smiley right about now...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I smell ad hominem in that post. You know, the sort of stuff that doesn't count as intellectual debate.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

I smell ad hominem in that post. You know, the sort of stuff that doesn't count as intellectual debate.

You mean the sort of tripe you've littered this thread with?

You've yet to post anything of worth here, so lets not pretend like your arguments have been sound, or supported.

Edit to add:

You are, as usual, here because you hate religion, and too biased to consider the issue at hand.
edit on 12-10-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
What we should understand is that ALL religious movements start out with original ideas form the founder or founders that almost immediately become distorted or changed by the followers not long after the founder dies.

This occurred with all major and minor religious figures, and even cults; it’s an inevitable phenomenon.

The religion or cult creates offshoots, other sects, and cults, reformations, on and on...

You could even look at a minor religious cult and see this happening such as in the Process church, which came from Scientology, that evolved into all kinds of organizations and offshoot cults.

In this instance I could believe that Jesus’ message was co-opted by the Romans, since it is a usual phenomena of religious psychology, as well they could have done it deliberately.

Jesus we know left the scene after his supposed execution therefore it could be easy for them to usurp his message. Paul started it and according to one version of this history Jesus’ brother James was an ardent opponent of Pauls version of Jesus’ message.

There are all kinds of versions and judgments on this mysterious period of history.

Most researchers believe that Paul started the distortion of Jesus’ message but on the other hand the Egyptologist Gerald Massey blames it all on Peter.

There are many views, to get top the truth one has to do a lot of research.

The history is very murky.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

What an incredibly thoughtful post. You are only the umpteenth person to not bother in the actual participation of this thread because of your refusal to do the following 3 VERY simple things:

A) Read the link provided in the OP

B) Inform yourself about the claims made in said link

C) Read the thread

While we fully appreciate your opinions on religion, that isn't really what this thread is about, is it?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You mean the sort of tripe you've littered this thread with?

You've yet to post anything of worth here, so lets not pretend like your arguments have been sound, or supported.

Edit to add:

You are, as usual, here because you hate religion, and too biased to consider the issue at hand.

I'm not the topic, so get back to it. If you have a point to make regarding the supposed confession, then post it and at least pretend you're having a good day.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I have read the threads and am reading the free ebook I posted in this thread.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join