It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The shutdown as a christian dominionist conspiracy for the end times?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ted Cruz's dad seems to be suggesting so - apparently you don't need government at all when you have god, an presumably that also means you don't need a constitution or a bill of rights???

edit on 8-10-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Actually it's more his father than Ted himself. But as people keep pointing out Obama's religious background and how it influenced him should do the same with Cruz but it won't happen.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The religious "end of times" has been mentioned for centuries. I'm pretty sure those who think the end of times is coming will wait their whole lives. It's like waiting for Spiderman to save New York.
edit on 8-10-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

I agree.

they don't.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Quite right - changed for accuracy.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
No, I don't think they actually believe the BS they're peddling but they know a whole lot of their brainwashed constituents do, and there isn't anything more loyal than a zealot.

Yes I do mean brainwashed. Not as a dig against all Christians, but a not small sect that believe this end times BS.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Now we know the roots of Cruz's madness. I knew it was something like that.
Ethnocentric bigotry is the source of his twisted philosophy.

Garbage in garbage out

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I hesitated when I saw it was a HuffPo opinion piece then clicked the little 'X' in the upper right of the window after reading these first 2 sentences:

On the eve of our government shutdown, I wanted to do some research into the theological roots of Senator Ted Cruz, the standard-bearer of the Tea Party Republicans behind the shutdown. I'm interested in understanding what account of Christianity creates the "no compromise" crusade that the Tea Party has become known for.

1. Ensure that full blame gets laid on the "Tea Party Republicans' early and often.
2. Insinuate that those conservatives are the ones who refuse to compromise while saying nothing about the fact that it takes two (2) to compromise and the other side of the aisle has done NOTHING in regard to compromising, either.

Aside from that, blah, blah, blah.... yadda, yadda, yadda.... the article is just another opinion and we all know what opinions are like and how bad all of them stink.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Looks like this was just a puppy-petting and kitten-brushing session.

All aimed at satisfying the choir.

They *ARE* getting desperate.

Attack the source and attack the players.

They're out of genuine rebuttals

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Well he can say what he wants about Kings and Priests in the Old Testament......but they both ended up becoming corrupt and helped themselves to the wealth of the people. Its all in there. Not trying to pick on Kings and Priests mind you but the prophets dealt them some horrible reviews.

This wealth transfer theology is really a sort of wet dream. We should have ample evidence of the outcome by those that have practiced this idea under assorted other ideologies.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Why is nasa closed...

i see stars...
edit on 8-10-2013 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Oh Dear I pray the next President is not a theocrat

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Are you guys seriously that worried about theocracies? I mean really? Here in the US worried about theocracy? Were are you folks from exactly?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I love the way the left finds demons under every rock when considering someone who actually believes the Bible, even if slightly off base. It's an affront to their man made utopian dillusions.

If I were the psychotic left, I'd be far more concerned that you blindly elected a foreign agent who is a member of the muslim brotherhood and is working hard to advance both Marxism and Islam. You did nothing to vet your charismatic narccisst in chief.

Should I pity you when the decapitations begin for those who fail to answer the call to the mosque in America?

www.wnd.com...

Yet the faith that founded this country is a terror to you flaming liberals. How sad this truly is.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
In what I have read, the Christian and Islamic end times converge, the Islamic Mahdi or will be the equivalent to their beliefs as is the Savior, Christ, of the Christians, the antichrist of the Christians is the Mahdi supposedly, so each one thinks their chosen is the other's Anti/bad guy/devil etc...

So Christianity is definitely not the only one who thinks that either a person/personality/supernatural entity will arise that will impact all of mankind and defeat the non believers eternally etc...

So if there is any script anyone is following or making happen there has to be something behind the scenes orchestrating this together or it is all true and it is prophesy and is playing out because the supreme deities, prophets, God, Jesus, or whoever you might believe in hit the nail on the head and the non believers will soon find out whether it is fiction or for real, I tend to be one that believes, it is not fiction, there are greater powers in control than any government or people here on the planet, our puny minds in a lot of cases cannot or refuse to believe it.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
"Man will be what he was born to be, free and independent."
JFK

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

SevenThunders
I love the way the left finds demons under every rock when considering someone who actually believes the Bible, even if slightly off base. It's an affront to their man made utopian dillusions.

If I were the psychotic left, I'd be far more concerned that you blindly elected a foreign agent who is a member of the muslim brotherhood and is working hard to advance both Marxism and Islam. You did nothing to vet your charismatic narccisst in chief.

What a truly amazing disconnection you have from reality!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

SevenThunders

This, coming from someone who had to deliberately ignore facts and reality to vote for their messiah multiple times. Where did your messiah get his funding to go to Harvard? Why won't he release his college records at Columbia? What country's passport did your messiah use to travel to Pakistan, when all travel was banned for American citizens? Why was your Messiah caught using a Connecticut passport? Where did he get that if he was born in Hawaii? Why did Egypt declare Obama a Muslim terrorist?

Do you believe your messiah when he says that he "cut" the US deficit instead of doubling it within his first few months of office? Now that my friend is a huge disconnection from reality if there ever was one.

Which is harder to believe in, a transcendent God or that Obama is looking out for your best interests?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

SevenThunders

Aloysius the Gaul

SevenThunders

This, coming from someone who had to deliberately ignore facts and reality to vote for their messiah multiple times.

lol - I'm not American - I didn't vote for anyone - but thanks for confirming all my prejudices!!

top topics

join