It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 House democrats arrested and will be charged!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

I come from NY, an obvious illegal immigrant haven state, and I am in the construction industry. The construction sites were filled with illegal immigrant workers, taking jobs from americans, working under the table. I am against illegal immigration, and against amnesty.

That said, I am also against people being arrested for exercising their rights, even the people who I severely dislike. I stand with the ADL, NAACP, Pro illegal/amnesty, hell even the WBC when it comes to their right to gather and protest. I do not want anyone's rights violated, even groups I dislike.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I don't believe they had drugs and paraphernelia on them. Innocent until proven guilty. Does anyone actually believe they all went and got high before embarking on a public endeavor that would draw massive attention? That does not even make sense. A lie or a set up.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Agreed, and it doesn't hurt to use this event during tomorrow's news cycle to try and deflect from the real issues going on in DC right now... IE budget and debt ceiling...

get folks back on the divisive immigration topic whilst they weave their two sided web to get out of this gov't created crisis...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Dianec

I don't believe they had drugs and paraphernelia on them. Innocent until proven guilty. Does anyone actually believe they all went and got high before embarking on a public endeavor that would draw massive attention? That does not even make sense. A lie or a set up.

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing;

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I just want them to be treated as nicely as the Occupy protesters were.
Can't have the police showing favoritism of any kind, now can we?
Something needs to happen to these people since they are openly
encouraging illegal behavior.
I'd settle for losing their jobs though.

No, I don't really want anyone to be a victim of violence, not even those I detest.
You're right, it is messed up.
But they shouldn't be doing things that make their constituents angry either!

Btw, they weren't arrested for exercising their first amendment rights, they were busted for blocking a road.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I believe you missed at the end the

end satire

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I wasn't being serious...just trying to make comedy out of the madness. All good!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

How rigged is this, really?

This picture would make a person think it is rigged.

If this were real he should be sweating bullets wondering if he was going to make it to the station alive or not.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Of course you realize it is probably MUCH harder to find anyone in the House or the Senate that does NOT have some sort of criminal record. There was a report a while ago showing something like 85% to 95% of everyone there had a criminal record.

Our government is so dysfunctional on both sides right now I will probably vote for anyone that does not claim to be either Democrat or Republican. Everyone in office right now is a complete failure, it's time to vote them all out.

Let that happen only once and everyone that follows would never let such a dysfunctional circus like this happen again.

FYI, my father actually found a list and printed it up of everyone currently in office so he knows exactly who not to vote for. I'll definitely be asking for that.
edit on 8-10-2013 by inquisitive1977 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Your so right, and we all know you can't arrest more than 3 people in America today without one of them getting tased! That would have been priceless. I guarantee if it had been Republicans, Ted Cruz would have gotten one in the behind for sure.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I'm pretty sure that just like with anything, most federal workers really don't know what was going on. The federal employees with the knowledge of what was being done and the power to not follow might be 5%.

I doubt secretaries and the mean woman at the IRS window really understood or could do anything. Those people make up a huge chunk of government employees...low-level paper pushers who don't see the bigger picture.

Just stating what I know...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I was not aware that people in this country illegally had rights. I have no rights in Mexico, as a matter of fact, I have no real rights outside of these borders. This is the problem. I must fund the demise of my rights, and fund the forced rights of people whom should not be here due to laws not enforced by the governments that i fund....really, I stand with no illegal.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This can't be true. Given what we normally see:

1 would have tried to drive away and been killed in a chase
1 would have been shot in place
1 would have been tazered
2 billy clubbed
1 peppered sprayed
2 simply cuffed

Must have gotten special treatment

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

My stance is pretty clear when it comes to anything to do with bankster politics, so I'll just say:

Helious - look after your thread.

Good Luck mate.

Oh, and if anyone sees a troll - club it with the alert button.........or you will regret it.

edit on 8-10-2013 by Sublimecraft because: deleted unnecessary whinge.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by Helious

I'm pretty sure that just like with anything, most federal workers really don't know what was going on. The federal employees with the knowledge of what was being done and the power to not follow might be 5%.

I doubt secretaries and the mean woman at the IRS window really understood or could do anything. Those people make up a huge chunk of government employees...low-level paper pushers who don't see the bigger picture.

Just stating what I know...

I know, I will agree with you there. Gigantic assemblies of unneeded federal workers to support those few that work diligently to bankrupt America and defraud it's people in the name of increasing their lobbyists bottom line are not to blame here.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
People always comment how congress and such do nothing but take money and talk.

To me, these guys going down to the ground level and walking the streets with the protestors is encouraging.. they actually stood up for what they believe in..

but, in true ATS style... no one cares its all about hating Obama and anyone associated with him.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Thank you for letting me know - in a nice way. I wouldn't be surprised to see such a thing happen though - given everything else that has gone on.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Sublimecraft
reply to post by Helious

My stance is pretty clear when it comes to anything to do with bankster politics, so I'll just say:

Helious - look after your thread.

Don't let it get to the stage mine did yesterday - I would not want you to feel as pissed off and downtrodden as I did when my one got closed...after about 2-3 hours of being up.

It's a kick in the guts, and I FULLY support the moderators in their action to do so.

The theme of this topic and my "truckers" one yesterday are the same dog - just different leg action.

Good Luck mate.

Oh, and if anyone sees a troll - club it with the alert button.........or you will regret it.

I read about the truckers, while I respect their opinions and their heart. They were outside of their Constitutional and legal authority to threaten arrest of Congress. That kind of thing at this stage of the revolution is in my humble opinion counter productive to forward progress and could get innocent people possibly even the protesters hurt. Good idea, wrong time.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

But they broke the law. Just cause they are in a position of government does not make them immune to the law. Why is it that if everyday people who do the exact same thing can get arrested and the book thrown at them and yet they do not? That serves neither the public interest or the spirit of the very laws that govern this nation. It is either equal justice for all or a 2 system, where one set of laws for one group and another set of laws for another group.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

So it is your contention that all those people arrested were illegal immigrants?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join