It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Occupant Waves to Wiltshire Woman in Early UK Close Encounter Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The following story has nothing to do with Hollywood, making it somewhat out of place on this blog. However, it's one from my own back-catalogue and, until now, it has never appeared online. It was originally published in 2007 in Issue 25 of the now-defunct UK publication Paranormal Magazine.
On a summer’s afternoon, in either 1948 or 1949, my mother, Brenda, was walking with our dog and myself in the area we called simply ‘The Field’ at the back of our housing estate… in what was then the outskirts of Chippenham in Wiltshire [England]. Whilst there, she saw an unusual, occupied aircraft…”
silverscreensaucers.blogspot.fr...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Excellent post old chap, but alas, this has been dragged over the coals a fair few times.

Keep up the good work though. I still enjoy revisiting this stuff.

This one in particular is a really good encounter.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

CaptainBeno
Excellent post old chap, but alas, this has been dragged over the coals a fair few times.

Keep up the good work though. I still enjoy revisiting this stuff.

This one in particular is a really good encounter.

thank you i never heard of it
and tried search
but alas search again has defeated this old man

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

Actually, it's entirely possible I may have jumped the gun a little here. After reading your link, it appears that the story is slightly different from one very similar incident. I apologise old chap, will look into it further.

Anyone else have anything to add to this?....please?
edit on 8-10-2013 by CaptainBeno because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is an interesting report - never heard of it before, though it happened about 12 miles from where I live. One question it raises in my mind concerns the proximity of the railway line, which the witness says was empty at the time. However, her description of a vehicle with two occupants, facing each other, does bring to mind a railway handcar used for track maintenance. I wonder if, over time, a sighting of an unusual but terrestrial vehicle became confused with something more out of this world?

I realise this has some weaknesses as an explanation, but there are some significant things missing from the eyewitness account - not least, a description of the occupants of the vehicle.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

SummerLightning
This is an interesting report - never heard of it before, though it happened about 12 miles from where I live. One question it raises in my mind concerns the proximity of the railway line, which the witness says was empty at the time. However, her description of a vehicle with two occupants, facing each other, does bring to mind a railway handcar used for track maintenance. I wonder if, over time, a sighting of an unusual but terrestrial vehicle became confused with something more out of this world?

I

That's true. In fact I heard of a story of some guys out at sea marlin fishing. They say a few guys pumping a hand car went by about 9am in the morning. What really bothered the boatman is that the guys on the handcar were not fishing as fishing could be the only logical explanation for hand carting at sea. When one of the boatmen hollered over and asked why they weren't fishing the hand car guys said they didn't have a license and were in a hurry anyway.

It is assumed that the two hand car guys were intoxicated as the boat skipper claims he saw a small cooler on board the hand car but otherwise saw no other means of propulsion. When questioned the Coast guard said that an old RR had run through that area of the Keys but had been lost underwater in the Hurricane of 1735. Seismologists were consulted to determine if any recent activity could account for the rail rising back out of the sea even though investigation of the area tuned up no sign of the rail.

In 1723 reports of a train plowing through the water were given by a number of locals. It was later determined to be the work of an intoxicated engineer even though records show that there was no rail line in that area until 1733.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It reminds me of the sighting by an older woman in the UK back in the late 60's 70's. She says that she saw one outside her farm house and the two occupants were smiling and waving. She said it came across her roof and came to rest, floating in front of her. Apparently she was outside looking for her cat?

Similar, but not same sighting.

I can't seem to find the video, there was an interview by the BBC I think?

Grrrrrr!

top topics

join