It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon freezes death benefits for fallen soldiers' families

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I thought you guys lost the right to peaceful protest...

We did in Canada...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Common Good

We are good! Sometimes we get caught up in the moment and let our emotions take over. No offense taken!

Your a Leatherneck, I am an Army Dog, let's pop a few shots and fight over whom is better!
lmao
edit on 8-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

Well how about you go ahead and try to catch up first =)

I only needed one shot. Dead center.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Violence isn't going to benefit anyone.......

However, it certainly seems like this government is forcing the hand to provoke us to it.

Just remember the battle of Lexington and Concord. Let them fire first and then we claim the moral high ground!

All my respect goes out to the World WarII Vets, whom seemed to take the necessary steps showing us "civil disobedience".....

I am kinda thinking that not only were they hero's then, but hero's NOW. They have awoken the sleeping giant....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Oh hell, my jaw hurts thinking about it! lol Too old to relive those crazy days......

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I thought you guys lost the right to peaceful protest...

Your right we did! We have to protest in free speech zones now........grrrrrrrrr

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

You're right...let them fire the first shots. But the thing is, they won't for quite a while. They'll just keep whittling it down until people are to tired/starved to fight anymore.

I need to go for a walk and calm down...this really has gotten under my skin.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Well- you might get a chance to relive them sooner than you think.

An old dog is not a dead one.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It sure seems like TPTB are trying to push us in rising up; then they could enact Marshal Law, then what?
I have been toying with the idea of We, The People shutting down America. If enough people refused to go to work, drive their car, purchase ANYTHING for as long as possible, it would have to have some sort of effect on Corporate America's profits. I realize not everybody could join in (hospital personnel,for one), but if enough people boycotted the monetary system, could we make a difference? Or is this just a dumb idea?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

It sure seems like TPTB are trying to push us in rising up; then they could enact Marshal Law, then what?
I have been toying with the idea of We, The People shutting down America. If enough people refused to go to work, drive their car, purchase ANYTHING for as long as possible, it would have to have some sort of effect on Corporate America's profits. I realize not everybody could join in (hospital personnel,for one), but if enough people boycotted the monetary system, could we make a difference? Or is this just a dumb idea?

It is really much easier than that. Just walk into your employer and ask to change your W-2 and claim the max dependents. NO TAXES will be taken out of your pay check! However, it falls on the tax payer to pay at the end, but it sure as hell would shake em up in DC.....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

It is a workable idea but not enough people give a damn to make a difference. Too many people are only concerned about themselves and not enough people realize what is going on.....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What the flying....?

Every time I turn around someone else is being hurt by this shutdown. It's pissing off and affecting people that never would care before.

Wait.

Maybe that's the point. Most people don't care about anyone else but themselves. Until it hits them in the pocketbook they'll just keep their heads in the sand.

This entire thing smells of a "destroy it to rebuild it" plan.

I'm not falling for it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Those of us whom are not putting our faith and beliefs in those whom are supposed to represent us, all have a portion of the puzzle put together that "THEY" have planned for us.

What scares me is what is this monster we call a puzzle going to look like once it is put together, and WILL we be able to tear the sum a gun apart fast enough to burn it?????

My take is, that I was BS'd into buying the damn puzzle in the first place and the picture that was on the box, sure as hell isn't what I was promised!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I saw this on CNN this morning. If it is accurate, I struggle for words.

Obscene? Disgusting? Nauseating?

What did Kennedy say about a nation revealing itself by the men it remembers or neglects to? (I paraphrase of course)

First the WWII memorial closed now the families of the fallen cut-off from simply going to Dover to welcome home their loved one in a coffin???

To think those in Congress and the President are still getting paid, protected by security details, chauffeured, fed, etc. all on dollars denied to those families?

That is profoundly depressing...

It makes me frighteningly hostile...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Good post, I like the puzzle analogy.

It seems that BOTH sides of this mess are escalating things to a boiling point. I would have thought that senators and congressmen would have a "self-preservation" gene to keep their seats.

After this is all said and done, those of us that vote will find it hard to vote for incumbents on EITHER side of the aisle!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

After this is all said and done, those of us that vote will find it hard to vote for incumbents on EITHER side of the aisle!

Thanks! I love trying to think of ways to simplify what I am saying so people can understand me better.

I hope you are right as far as incumbents and the two party monster. But I will not get my hopes up. Being a victim, seems to be the preferred status. After all, if you can blame someone else for your problems then in reality what are you actually responsible for????

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The whole issue of healthcare is seemingly being forgotten with so much mud flying around. (Well, not mud -- but you get the idea).

We can ALL agree that the healthcare system in America wasn't working for everyone, but Americans just aren't ready for a single payer system. Especially when the drug companies and charge $10 for an aspirin!

In countries that DO have a single payer system, drugs and medical devices cost drastically less...from the same companies! These companies claim that Americans have to foot the bill for R&D and getting new drugs to market.

I keep harping on this because I really think its important. We won't ever see a comprehensive, single payer system in America until we somehow get the drug companies and medical device makers to lower their prices.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They choose to cut benefits for those who have lost Everything? They target the most vulnerable. Amber alert for missing children shut down, possibe social security & other cuts to those who are the most impoverished....the list goes on. If I were overseas and facing death each day I would be taking a vacation. If you don't believe your family will be ok why risk your life. This government is beyond shameful. It's making it hard to be a proud American.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Right, so the US Army can fork out $50,000 (ish) for a Mechanical Bull but can't afford to keep paying the honoured fallen.

Did you all just feel that - that was a big fat slap in the face.

Get ready for another, they're gonna slap you until you SNAP!

That's the plan.

S&F

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'll be sure not to get shot out of the sky until after the shutdown then.

I hate politicians.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I've never understood how a soldier can blindly follow orders in the first place though

Because if they don't, they'll get thrown in the brig or worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join