It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon freezes death benefits for fallen soldiers' families

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Make it hurt aye?????

This administration is really showing it's true colors now! I just hope our troops understand how disposable they are for putting their lives on the line for the District of Criminals.........

The Pentagon confirmed Tuesday that, as long as the budget impasse lasts, it will not be able to pay death benefits to the families of troops who've been killed in combat.

"Unfortunately, as a result of the shutdown, we do not have the legal authority to make death gratuity payments at this time," said Lt. Cmdr. Nate Christensen, a Defense Department spokesman. "However, we are keeping a close eye on those survivors who have lost loved ones serving in the Department of Defense."

SOURCE

I am sure these families whom have lost their loved ones to for your dirty wars could give a rats ass that you have an eye on them!

There you go America, the only time a soldiers death means a damn thing, is when a politician can take advantage of it for a photo op and invoke emotional feelings so that they can continue using your loved ones to fight in their BS wars!

My shame for my country just seems to grow more and more as the days go by.....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

This is facking ridiculous. I am beyond speachless. This itself should be warranted as a crimes against there own nation... There's wording i'm looking for but is escaping my fingers at the moment. I'm ashamed of my country.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That's shameful.

But look on the bright side- at least Pelosi and company got to host their immigration rally at the national mall. Yay!

Sorry, I don't even know what to say anymore about these petty mean-spirited shut downs.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Why are our politicians getting paid before the families of fallen soldiers who actually lay they lives down for their country-our country?

Answer me that one. If you can.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Jesus H Christ man, that's just cold. I'm no fan of military fanboying/fangirling, but considering the job, I don't think a little compensation for a family member dying while doing said job is too much to ask. Dying as an American is already damn expensive enough, this is a giant middle finger to the people doing their (the government's) bidding overseas.
edit on 10/8/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i somehow think Obama will end up being one of the most hated presidents in history.......if this charade continues there is going to trouble for the American people and it seems more and more likely the TPTB are looking for the people to rise against so they can further enforce their tyranny...
edit on 8-10-2013 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So its finally official...

US soldiers fight for a country that won't fight for them...

Might be just the push they need... stop fighting their wars people!!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sadly, I think your right. However, you have to admit than when they get a visit from a political head as of late, they usually were required to attend the BS speech disarmed. That raised a red flag with me when I became aware of that happening.

THIS??? Nah man, time to bring em home, if their deaths mean nothing to those whom put em in harms way in the first place.......

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Perhaps its time to walk off the job for them. I know damn well if I was in that position I would. What a joke these scumbags are, they should be called out for it and as much as I Love and respect every service member active and retired, it's time to make a stand and stop taking orders. Sorry those soldiers deserve at least that much respect, as do their families. Which could be anyone of us here by the way as many of us have members serving....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Akragon

Sadly, I think your right. However, you have to admit than when they get a visit from a political head as of late, they usually were required to attend the BS speech disarmed. That raised a red flag with me when I became aware of that happening.

THIS??? Nah man, time to bring em home, if their deaths mean nothing to those whom put em in harms way in the first place.......

Why fight a rich mans war on the other side of the world when your country is on the brink of civil war at home?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You know what I say.

It takes two to tango.

Both sides are at fault.

Compromise dangit!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
All military overseas- head to your local Islamic Airport and get a ticket home. Dress in civilian clothing.

Put the tab on "The Obama Administration".

And go home to fight for the only people who care about you.

--One More Thing-- Dont just leave without telling your commanders. That will def get you kicked out or thrown in the brig for a while =)
edit on 8-10-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why fight a rich mans war on the other side of the world when your country is on the brink of civil war at home?

Would you want them back home after you trained them to kill the enemy knowing that they would soon realize they were being screwed over by those whom were giving them their orders??????

I have said it before, they keep them over their for more than one reason........

Edit to add: Not to mention that Homeland Security has made no bones about it that veterans that have come home make them VERY nervous....

edit on 8-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
RETRACTED

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Where you get I am referring to our military as rabid dogs is beyond me......

I am a VET, If I offended you by telling you the truth about how we are trained then try signing up and find out!

I am not trying to be a smart ass with you by any means, but what do you think the military is trained to do????

Win! Winning a war or conflict means learning to survive, and surviving means you have to learn to kill........

Understand?

I have never disrespected those whom serve my country. Unlike others........

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Would you want them back home after you trained them to kill the enemy knowing that they would soon realize they were being screwed over by those whom were giving them their orders??????

Good point...

I've never understood how a soldier can blindly follow orders in the first place though

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

My bad !! haha- I misread what you typed. My apologies.

I will retract my statement.

Im just tired of people treating vets like dirt.

And I do know- I was in the Marines.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Pentagon freezes death benefits for fallen soldiers' families

I bet the House passes a separate bill for this real soon.

I bet the Senate won't even consider a vote.

I bet Obama says *too bad* - blame the Tea Party !!!

The above scenario has been happening since last week.

U.S. House of Representatives Roll Call Votes

check it out and see what Democrats are voting against !!!!!
surprise.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

We are good! Sometimes we get caught up in the moment and let our emotions take over. No offense taken!

Your a Leatherneck, I am an Army Dog, let's pop a few shots and fight over whom is better!
lmao
edit on 8-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I'm thinking that maybe it's time for a protest in front of the White House, The Capital building and Camp David. Don't let them go anywhere until they come to their senses.

If it wasn't for the civilian lives affected, I think that maybe we ought to finish what the British started in the War of 1812. Burn the place to the ground.

It's time to make them feel some pain. BOTH SIDES!

I bet this crap goes all the way to the November 5th elections. After which, they'll compromise. Screw DC! Vote 'em all out!
edit on 8-10-2013 by TDawgRex because: Flippin' Angry!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join