It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Chamber of Commerce to oppose Tea Party in GOP Primaries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Indigo5
...When the free market capitalists your party claims to represent think you are bad for the country...what does that say?

Seems like you've got a stake in this issue.
Wonder what it is...?
How many threads on the same topic do you need to create...to get your message across?
You can say the same thing as many times and in as many ways as you want - and I doubt you'll get one convert.
Those with a similar tilt will continue tilting in similitude - those that do not, will not.
You seem too intelligent to not realize this ---- so I have to wonder what you're hoping to achieve.
Maybe it's just an opportunity to bash at/on others.

In any case - good luck with your threads.

Ohh --- and, in answer to the quoted question...
First - I have no party...so, you couldn't have been pointing at me...
Second - If I were affiliated, aligned or otherwise associated with the Tea Party...and "the free market capitalists (my) party claims to represent, thought (the Tea Party) was bad for the country"...I would think they had me mixed up with your party. So - in that regard...your party...and the Tea Party...would be in the same boat.
Third - If everyone-else in this nation disagrees with ME...it's just as possible that they are wrong, as it is that I am...
I believe there has been some legal precedent (until recent times) that gives citizens hereof the right to hold their own views...regardless of the latest Opinion Polls.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Cool story, but..
from a CNN Poll:

According to the poll, 63% of those questioned say they are angry at the Republicans for the way they have handled the shutdown. "But the Democrats are not getting off scot-free. Fifty-seven percent of Americans are also angry at the way the Democrats are dealing with the shutdown. And a 53% majority say they are also angry at President Obama," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "It looks like there is more than enough blame to go around and both parties are being hurt by the shutdown."

Like I said, plenty of blame to go around.

Democrats Approval? Rising Presidents Approval? Rising GOP? Falling

Those are some pretty sad numbers there on both sides. But go ahead and act like Obama is your best buddy. When the propaganda gets the republicans to break, enjoy your new soaring health care premiums and mediocre health care quality. I'll still be here to tell you I told you so.
edit on 8-10-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

WanDash

Indigo5
...When the free market capitalists your party claims to represent think you are bad for the country...what does that say?

Seems like you've got a stake in this issue.
Wonder what it is...?

And so do you? And everybody else? We are already economically suffering, treasury bills up, stock market down...and a couple months from now the economic data will show the drop in hiring and GDP that is occurring now. The economy is getting hammered...and when the default comes, we are headed for a recession equal to the last or an outright depression. This isn't hyperbole, it is what every rational mind on either side of the aisle sees coming.

Partisanship aside...genuinely...honestly...taking partisanship aside...If the President concedes to these demands with the US economy as hostage, and modifies a law that was enacted through the people's representatives and upheld by the supreme court....then he FOREVER changes our form of government. The GOP could win the Whitehouse in 2016...and the Dem minority could use the same threat and consequence to override all other branches of government to get their minority demands met. It would be ceding all three branches of government to whatever minority of the House decides to take the economy hostage. We will see perpetual crisis.

WanDash
If everyone-else in this nation disagrees with ME...it's just as possible that they are wrong, as it is that I am...

Sometimes that holds true...but the earth is not flat...and giving equal credence to those that claim the same is no way to find a compromise.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

kx12x
reply to post by Indigo5

Cool story, but..
from a CNN Poll:

According to the poll, 63% of those questioned say they are angry at the Republicans for the way they have handled the shutdown. "But the Democrats are not getting off scot-free. Fifty-seven percent of Americans are also angry at the way the Democrats are dealing with the shutdown. And a 53% majority say they are also angry at President Obama," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "It looks like there is more than enough blame to go around and both parties are being hurt by the shutdown."

Like I said, plenty of blame to go around.

This is like repeatedly thrusting your face into your opponents injured fist and cheering about how you are hurting their fingers.

Polls...Even traditionally conservative bias polls are showing the Presidents approval rating holding steady or rising. Ditto Dems. While GOP and TP approval is dropping.

Nobody likes anybody in Congress right now, but this fight is hurting GOP significantly more than the Pres. or Dems.

Again that is just reality and has nothing to do with partisanship.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
HALLELUJAH!!
This is good news! The Chamber of Commerce isn't backing Obama, they're giving the 'real' GOP a safety net to isulate incumbents from tea party challeges in the 2014 primaries. The TP has been holding the GOP hostage to thier extremism, and with luck those days are over. Now the GOP can go back to being the ordinary political turds they've always been.

It doesn't matter who the polls favor, everyone is losing in this absurd shutdown.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Polls show Obama and the Democrats are more at blame

What?! The Tea Party created the shutdown because they wanted to throw a tantrum that a law they don't like was passed. How the hell is that the democrats fault?

The budget is not the place to fight against a law anyways. They fought that fight already and lost, so this is just stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join