It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Chamber of Commerce to oppose Tea Party in GOP Primaries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
U.S. Chamber of Commerce to Get Involved in GOP Primaries

How bad have things gotten for the GOP in the current shutdown saga? The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is siding with President Obama.

Talking Points Memo says the Chamber is urging Republicans to re-open the government and raise the debt ceiling to avoid potential economic disaster.

The organization is also planning on getting involved in primaries to help protect "friendly" lawmakers who may face a challenge over the shutdown fight.

utahpolicy.com...

When the free market capitalists your party claims to represent think you are bad for the country...what does that say?

And it's not just them!

CEOs look to Obama; Tea party Republicans are not heeding GOP’s old big business allies
articles.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Also here

With Traditional GOP Allies Defecting, Big Business Takes Sides With Obama

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Having failed to persuade their traditional Republican allies in Congress to avert a government shutdown, business leaders fear bigger problems ahead, and they're taking sides with a Democratic president whose health care and regulatory agenda they have vigorously opposed.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Tea Party Congressman Dana Rohrabacher summed up his parties view on the shut down's economic impact on US businesses concisely.

When Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., was asked if he had heard business groups express fears of a government shutdown's economic impact, he replied: "No. And it wouldn't make any difference if I did."

talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is about as pro free market as Hugo Chávez.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Hmmmmm, very strange indeed. I wonder what happened especially after this: and notice the source!

Earlier this month, the White House floated the possibility of an executive order to require “companies seeking government contracts” to disclose contributions to groups that air political ads. And a few days ago, Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD) filed a lawsuit against the Federal Election Commission to demand rules mandating donor disclosure.

The ‘U.S.’ Chamber Of Commerce Likens Obama To Qaddafi, Threatens White House

Politicians AND money most certainly make strange bed fellows indeed!

Sounds like the Chamber of Commerce has joined the ranks of the corporate whores looking for a hand out in the form of corporate welfare just like the rest of these lobbyist???

Never thought I would EVER use Thinkprogress as a source on ATS, but in this case I believe it was appropriate to show the hypocrisy....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Well they have evolved from the 'party of no'
To the party of (fingers in ears) and 'na na na..
Can't Hear you!'... that IS a new thing under
The sun.

KPB

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Rather than the Chamber of Commerce being involved in some strange corrupt conspiracy that demands you find unrelated links on Think Progress...Maybe they just recognize that the Tea Party is wacko and destroying the economy?
edit on 8-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by Indigo5

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is about as pro free market as Hugo Chávez.

Yes and water is about as wet as the desert...

Just as long as we disengaging from rational thought.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Indigo5
U.S. Chamber of Commerce to Get Involved in GOP Primaries

How bad have things gotten for the GOP in the current shutdown saga? The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is siding with President Obama.

Talking Points Memo says the Chamber is urging Republicans to re-open the government and raise the debt ceiling to avoid potential economic disaster.

The organization is also planning on getting involved in primaries to help protect "friendly" lawmakers who may face a challenge over the shutdown fight.

utahpolicy.com...

When the free market capitalists your party claims to represent think you are bad for the country...what does that say?

And it's not just them!

CEOs look to Obama; Tea party Republicans are not heeding GOP’s old big business allies
articles.washingtonpost.com...

CEO's and the other richest capitalists, think the tea party is bad for crony capitalism. Their is a difference. However what do democrats feel about the Trans Pacific Partnership? I can't believe you people are fighting over politics. Our congress has been compromised by big business across the board.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Indigo5
reply to post by seeker1963

Rather than the Chamber of Commerce being involved in some strange corrupt conspiracy that demands you find unrelated links on Think Progress...Maybe they just recognize that the Tea Party is wacko and destroying the economy?

They haven't destroyed anything yet. PS the tea party is not running this shutdown! WAKE UP!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
In 2012 the main or "Head Office" of the US Chamber of Commerce allocated $100M usd for the 2012 Presidential Erections. This is great!, fantastic! if You are in the "Politics racket" it sucks! if You own a paint store. All those monthly dues so You can put their sticker on Your window. You'd have been better off buying ficticious "likes" from farcebook™

In actuality this is "Mr. Yang" grabbing what "He" can before Ms. Yin takes over. Politics is right up there with Military and ®eligion and anything else 'patriarchal'

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

This thread is so full of crap it's almost not worth posting in..

Polls show Obama and the Democrats are more at blame (and theres plenty to blame on both sides). All they have to do, at the minimum, is compromise on the budget in regard to the ACA. But they won't.
It's Obama's way or the highway, and he knows he can rely on the MSM and people like you to spread the lies around.

An overwhelming majority of Americans don't want the ACA. That would be enough right there if we still had public servants instead of corporate servants. The only people that actually want the ACA are the same people who would vote for Obama for a third term.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Why is what I said in your eyes a conspiracy????? Did I not link directly from one of Obama's most die hard websites to show you the hypocrisy???

How about how Obama as a Senator speaking about how bad it was for the Republicans raising the debt ceiling??? Is that a conspiracy too????

Wake the hell up! Both parties are nothing more than whores to the highest bidder! Those of us whom depend on these idiots to actually represent us, while deep down we know they don't (that's called Cognitive Dissonance) deserve everything that they can possibly do to them!

Join the club I don't belong too!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

kx12x
reply to post by Indigo5

This thread is so full of crap it's almost not worth posting in..

Polls show Obama and the Democrats are more at blame (and theres plenty to blame on both sides).

Here...I'll show you how reality works...Hint..it doesn't involve just claiming stuff...

Republicans getting more blame for government shutdown, polls show

A new poll from Washington Post/ABC News found that disapproval of Republicans is up to 70 percent among American adults from 63 percent approval at the end of September. Disapproval of Democrats is up to 61 percent from 56 percent at the end of last month.

But President Obama is faring the best. His approval rating is up to 45 percent from 41 percent at the end of September, due to an 11-point increase in his approval from Democrats and independents from last week.

www.cbsnews.com...

Republican disapproval grows in budget battle, Post-ABC poll finds
www.washingtonpost.com...

Democrats Approval? Rising Presidents Approval? Rising GOP? Falling

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Obama, whose health care and regulatory agenda they have vigorously opposed, is embracing the business outreach, eager to employ groups like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and Wall Street CEOs to portray House Republicans as out of touch even with their long-established corporate and financial patrons.

ROFLOL

" " eager to employ groups like " "

" " to portray House Republicans as out of touch " "

Sounds more like a feeble wishful thinking effort.

I think it's weak propaganda.

LOL

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Not to get metaphysical, but the Tea party has entered a realm of evil called separation.

It’s actually the spiritual term for the devil.

It separates itself from the common good or common whole, and not in a good way.

The chamber of commerce going against the tea party.

Well...there is an old saying

"There is some people even the devil doesn't want!"

edit on 8-10-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

seeker1963

Why is what I said in your eyes a conspiracy????? Did I not link directly from one of Obama's most die hard websites to show you the hypocrisy???

You confuse me for an Ideologue. If I ever look to use Think Progress, it is only as a launch-pad to dig deeper and research, because they are typically bias by omission vs. facts, but bias all the same. Put another way...Fox News makes up BS...Think Progress typically holds to facts but tells half the story.

seeker1963
How about how Obama as a Senator speaking about how bad it was for the Republicans raising the debt ceiling??? Is that a conspiracy too????

And? He was wrong. He says so now. I agree with him. If you want an ideology that absolutely refuses to ever admit they are wrong then join the TP.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

xuenchen

Sounds more like a feeble wishful thinking effort.

I think it's weak propaganda.

LOL

Maybe you should read the links. It's the Chamber of Commerce itself that made the statements.

The Denial is always strong with you Xue.

"Clearly we're getting to a point where we need a Congress that's going to be productive, proactive and create a stable environment for economic growth and job creation," said Scott Reed, a Republican political consultant who is advising the chamber on its strategy.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

*gasp*

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce doesn't like me?

(it just made my avatar cry!)

Time to disband the Tea Party! You guys won! Time to quit!

*beezzer throws in the towel and removes his frontal lobes and becomes a progressive*

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The last thing would be redundant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join