It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi thanks Obama for specail treatment during shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

This was buried in the middle of the article, and had little to do with the article itself.

Please open our parks and open this mall to veterans and to normal every-day citizens who also should have the same access we enjoy here today,” said Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Florida Republican, as she joined the rally for immigration.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who followed Ms. Ros-Lehtinen, defended the president, thanking him for making an exception to the shutdown and “enabling us to gather here.” She also said veterans told her the administration “bent over backwards” to allow them to visit the World War II Memorial on the mall, which has been the site of several clashes between the public and park rangers since the shutdown began.

The reason given for allowing the gathering to take place was "First Amendment Rights." They could have been told to hold their gathering at another location without infringing on those rights.

Considering that the vets were denied access for days until the media coverage caused enough of an uproar, I fail to see how the administration is "bending over backwards".

When veterans are arrested for "not following curfew" in NYC, after THEIR permit had been denied, their first amendment rights didn't stop it.

The article this is taken from is about a tour group, composed mostly of the elderly, who were locked in a hotel and placed under armed guard. I wonder if any illegals at this rally were detained at all?

To me this shows that not only this administration cares more about the pleasing a group of non citizens than showing respect for those who fought and died for this country. Then again, I guess they "didn't build that"...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCypher

*Picture of Nancy Pelosi*

HERE

Caption

*You can't fix stupid*

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They don't want to piss off the immigrants (mostly hispanic) because of their voting-power.

Expect many more double-standards to become evident the closer were get to election season

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Personally, I don't think she's stupid. She's too conniving and manipulative to be stupid.
I think she's crazy.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

I'm used to the double standard by now, but it seems as though lately they're not even trying to hide it or spin it any more. And it seems to be amping up, as you said, the closer we get to election season.

And yes, at this point I do believe that it's all about increasing the voter base, at least to the politicians.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Just goes to show that you're never too old to be an arse kisser...

She'd thank Obama if he put her out to pasture tomorrow. She is blinded by his magnificence.

One can't even bother to be shocked about the double standards set anymore. It has become the normal thing. What's good for the goose is good for the gander seems to have died a silent death at some point.
edit on 10/8/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I would have to agree with you on her hero worship. While searching online for more of her speech, I simply put in "pelosi thanks obama" as the search term.

Nearly everything that came up dealing with this particular incident was on blogs and conspiracy sites. Under those 5 or so listings though, were pages of articles on the mainstream sites of her thanking him for this, that, or the other.

I think this shows off remarkably her infatuation.

new topics

top topics

join