It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Gov't Shutdown an excerise for Martal Law???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I was thinking, what would be the best way to test both the public reaction and the servitude of agencies of law enforcement toward the American People for a Martial Law exercise. How would the local and state law enforcement agencies take orders and keep the public at bay and in control while also seeing just how much backlash the public would throw. A Gov't shutdown is a perfect smokescreen to accomplish this.

So far it's been a lot of the usual, people talking, bad mouthing authorities, Facebook rants, the same ole with no reaction whatsoever and not action taking place. So IMO it looks as if this shutdown is serving multiple purposes. Keep in mind the government doesn't just do something without it being planned in advance or for a purpose. As dumb as we all think they are toward most politics, they are not dumb when it comes to controlling the people that feed them.

Now that they see how we are acting and how easily controllable in just simple shutdowns of Federally owned land and businesses on that land and how the ones given the orders are following them toward the American public I think its pretty safe to assume that Martial Law is quite doable considering that they would have American and Foreign soldiers patrolling the streets along with Local and State law enforcement agencies.

If this were a possible test, it seems it was quite the success.

Thoughts, could this be more than meets the eye for the shutdown?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Could be.... I thought it was more of a way to show the American populace that the Gooberment is lazy and doesn't give a lick about us...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NONPOINT21

I've seen many articles to where even the authorities that have to uphold the orders disagree with them and even publicly acknowledge that is isn't right, but its their orders and duty.

At what point does a man or woman of sworn oath to the constitution and knowing in their hearts and guts actually say this isn't right and not obey their orders??

Friends we certainly do live in interesting times. I think back to the movie Fight Club how we are the middle children of history and have no real purpose in the hunter gatherer sense of it.

Maybe our purpose is to show how stupid a species can be and show future species what greed and power can do to a civilization.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

sulaw
Could be.... I thought it was more of a way to show the American populace that the Gooberment is lazy and doesn't give a lick about us...

That could be very true also, although many may argue that should be common knowledge especially on here, except for the patsys paid on here to debunk any thought of your own. That's almost illegal now too.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The U.S Government is desperate to deflect focus at the moment , they need to move attention away from their recent failures and their deliberate erosion of the Constitution.

They need to create a fall guy or party and they are using the illusion of separate parties and ideologies to scam the American public to divide along party lines as usual.

Now this could be a perfect set up for Marshal law.

They are also upping the anti, by creating fear with outbreaks and possible incoming comet stories and you will see many more, to put the pressure on the illusionary opposition to create a break down of the Government , so the people will not suspect that it was a joint effort at the dissolution of the United States of America to form a New Order which will not be held back by the American Constitution.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No, and no default yet people , enjoy the modern empire US while you still can.Too much globalisation in this world for playing dangerous games like this . Big players around the World will squeeze Boehner and Obama to make a deal.US wanted a globalised World , they cant ruin now.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Theres no chance any countries going to lend troops to help police the USA as theres too many people with guns and it would be a disaster for any country to sign up knowing the body bag count is going to be stupidly high

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So then would that mean that the 17 other times the Govt has shutdown since 1977 were also tests for Martial Law?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Actually, I think it's an exercise to see if any of us will notice when they head for the DUMB's.

It seems to be working splendidly, too.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

opethPA
So then would that mean that the 17 other times the Govt has shutdown since 1977 were also tests for Martial Law?

Monuments, Oceans and private businesses have never been shutdown. Get back in your Subaru and buzz off!

I cannot believe people are so blind that all this is a farce. So then, there must be a reason why it is being done. That reason is to gauge public outcry, rattle extremists out of their bunkers and condition the populace.

Can anyone truly support all this? Can anyone who reads this site support Agenda 21, NDAA, NAU, TPP, congress defining journalists, faking mass shootings?

Can you people agree with the tactics? I don't care how you feel with their goals but do you support arresting veterans in open air monuments? Allowing illegals access to the mall and denying veterans? If you support these tactics and aren't a paid shill then I guess CW is inevitable. Time to leave!

edit on 8-10-2013 by research3300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

You might find this article and video interesting it describes just how the U.S Government has set the stage for foreign troops to act as a military police force on American soil:-

The Russian troops would apparently work directly with U.S. military forces and law enforcement. Their purpose would probably to be to restore order after some sort of catastrophe. The Reagan Coalition piece suggested that the troops had been requested by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and that they would be posted in FEMA Region III which includes the District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia.

These reports are hard to figure out because few details about the Russian troops are available. Although, one reason why Homeland Security might want Russian FSP troops is that they are theoretically civilians and therefore are not bound by the Posse Comitatus Act. The government could use the fiction that they are policemen and not soldiers to justify their presence.

www.offthegridnews.com...

edit on 8-10-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

research3300

opethPA

Monuments, Oceans and private businesses have never been shutdown. Get back in tour Subaru and buzz off!

Please show me a single ocean that is shut down right now.

" About 9 million visitors were turned away from parks, museums and monuments run by the National Park Service in the mid-1990s, the last time the government shut down temporarily"

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I have thought that the SHUTDOWN will LEAD to Martial Law.

It's the perfect scapegoat.

Watch and see...

AAC

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

opethPA

research3300

opethPA

Monuments, Oceans and private businesses have never been shutdown. Get back in tour Subaru and buzz off!

" About 9 million visitors were turned away from parks, museums and monuments run by the National Park Service in the mid-1990s, the last time the government shut down temporarily"

SERIOUSLY?

Charter guides received a message from the National Park Service this week informing them that they are not permitted to take clients fishing in Florida Bay until the feds get back to work. That means that more than 1,100 square miles of prime fishing is off limits between the southern tip of the mainland to the Keys until further notice.

The closing affects not only fishing guides, but anyone with a license to conduct business in the park, including tour operators and paddling guides — anyone with a Commercial Use Authorization permit, said Dan Kimball, superintendent of Everglades and Dry Tortugas national parks.

Biscayne National Park is also off limits. Enforcement rangers will be on duty, Kimball said.

Capt. Mike Makowski, owner of Blackfoot Charters in Key Largo, estimates this eliminates 60 percent to 70 percent of his hunting grounds.

Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

---
Feds close Florida oceans: Florida Bay Charter owner says ‘they’re killing us'
Comment
www.examiner.com...

Apparently, according to an anonymous Park Service ranger, “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.” - See more at: www.breitbart.com...

--

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

opethPA

research3300

opethPA

Great quote! PS I never mentioned Parks other than the Ocean!!

Why were open air monuments shut down?
Why were private businesses on federal land shut down?
Why were privately funded parks shut down?
Why were private businesses on the Blue Ridge Parkway or similar national roads shutdown?
Why did they remove houseboat residents from their homes?
Why did they try to shut down privately owned Monticello?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Crickets...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It is only an exercise in stupidity. A political slap fight orchestrated by a few who feel they have some mandate that must be carried out. There is nothing to be gained. If the GOP/Tea Party would have passed a CR, the news would have been filled with stories of those who could not get Obamacare because they could not log in. But where are we now? Just watching two grown men act like children fighting over the last cookie.

The word "compromise" has become synonymous with losing...ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So is anyone backing these tactics? Anyone? Only the bots and shills, I suppose!

The Pisgah Inn sits on federal land on the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. When the government shut down, the inn was forced to close right in the middle of the fall foliage tourism season.

Federal workers are likely to be paid retroactively, but the Pisgah Inn is losing money. And now, several days into the shutdown, the kitchen is tossing out food.
twitchy.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
ive been seeing alot of November 13-14 'drill' staged power outage warnings to commence a systematica FEMA encampment of the population... on youtube so taking with a heap of salt but then again fed shutdown i would have not believed either yet it happened

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

This is pretty cool

www.austindailyherald.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join