It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gestapo' tactics meet senior citizens at Yellowstone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

seeker1963
I sent this along with a few questions to my Congressman today I asked him how comfortable he felt representing a government that approves of this type of behavior and if he planned on doing anything to stop this kind of police state tactics. I followed it up with if he wasn't going to do anything, how much time do the American people have left before the rise of the new Stalin or Mao.................

S&F my friend!

I'm gonna take a WAG (wild-a$$ed-guess) that you will get a written reply from your congressman, thanking you for your interest in global warming.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

roflmao, how did you know????? It sure as hell wouldn't be the first time I got a form letter telling me about his stance on Pro Life, when my original question was about VA benefits!!!!

Nice!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Hey

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm so glad to see this story shared. I wouldn't have heard it otherwise. Hope the MSM will pick it up. It needs attention brought to it.

I was treated strangely at this park too and won't return. Was told I could not pull over to rest basically. All campsites were full but I had needed to make myself and my son a sandwich and close my eyes for a few as I was exhausted. Not allowed and it's a miricle I didn't drive off a cliff. I was nodding off at the wheel - got lost, etc. Ended up at a rest area outside of Livingston (I believe that was the name of the town), at about 1:00 a.m., and was finally able to rest. So they are jerks to begin with.

To pull tbat with an elderly tour group is astounding and I am so glad they are talking about it. The staff in this park are clearly not happy people to begin with so give them guns and look what happens. I hope congress sees this as a sign that the feds are too big and are not able to handle these local things. Put it back into the hands of the people - states. Then - less of this widely dispursed responsibility/chain of command, and more personal accountability. It's easy to be a butthead when your big boss is unreachable or off in the distance. Keep it local.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
badges are redcoats

very obvious, but according to a new report. Americans are really DUMB.. "yeah my buddy is a cop, he is on our side."...
until given an order.. then HIS family's well being TRUMPS YOU!

How can someone who is PERSONALLY PROFITING DAILY from Out and OUT TYRANNY be your friend?

What does that say about YOU?

the same as it said about REDCOAT sympathizers. I am sure many redcoats were: ok guys

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
At least one of the pols didn't like this stunt.

Arizona lawmaker: Obama is just like Hitler for using park rangers to enforce government shutdown

A Republican lawmaker compared President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler in a Facebook post and called for rogue sheriffs to arrest federal employees enforcing the government shutdown.

"Rogue sheriffs" ??? Huh, sounds like patriot Sheriffs to me if they'll do that.

Still she equated Obama to Hitler so she gets a star for that. Here's what she said:

“Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer… where are our Constitutional Sheriffs who can revoke the Park Service Rangers authority to arrest??? Do we have any Sheriffs with a pair?” she wrote

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Strange how all this is going on when PBS is broadcasting a series on the National Parks system.

They really paint a rosy picture of the history the parks and how great is is for the American people.

Really quite strange to promote the parks this way and then deny access to the public.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

United States is in a state of total collapse. What you are now witnessing is the last death pains before this once proud country is no more. I reckon you will see a lot of violence ahead the coming year. If you have money in the bank forget them. Unless you take them out before 17th this month, and the default shocks the Tokyo market on the 20th they´re gone the week after.

This collapse is already decided on the highest level. The élite have used the army to serve its purpose. Now its not needed anymore as they have established a good functioning surveillance state with NSA combined with their storm troopers at Homeland Security. Hence they are dumping the vets and will also dump the rest of what they consider dead weight and useless eaters.

Remember, we are talking about around a thousand persons, richer beyond anything you can imagine. To them you are nothing or even less than nothing. To them you are a trespasser on their land, what you think is USA.

I know you might doubt this, but I tell you, if you think this thing with the parks and the vets is wrong, you havent seen nothing yet.

While the Republicans and the Democrats play their game of Cowboys and Indians, the country is slipping closer and closer the default possibility of the debt crisis. There may be some out there that will be saying it won’t happen. There are others that are out there saying that they have been waiting for this for a long time now and it serves them right for getting the country into the situation.

Most americans will, in the coming months, wake up to such a nightmarish scenario that it will shock them to the core. My heart goes out to all children whose parents were too lazy and too dumb to foresee this outcome. they will have to carry the unbearable burden of their parents inaction when it was most needed to save the future of their own children.
edit on 8-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

MichiganSwampBuck
Strange how all this is going on when PBS is broadcasting a series on the National Parks system.

They really paint a rosy picture of the history the parks and how great is is for the American people.

Really quite strange to promote the parks this way and then deny access to the public.

Those parks were built by the people and owned by the people, we should fire the rangers on the spot for dereliction of decency. Whatever bs term, they work for US! they pull a gun, ___.. THEY ARE NOW TYRANTS!

WHO CARES IF THEY "DIDN'T LIKE IT"...

THEY ARE FOLLOWING THOSE ORDERS AND DOING IT!!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What does National mean then?

For the Nation? Or property of a select few?

Interdasting. I wish they'd do something like that here. We love a sunburnt country. More so if they try to tell us not to visit it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

winofiend
What does National mean then?

For the Nation? Or property of a select few?

Means the feds took it from the states and now claim dominion. Supposed to be held in trust for the people of the nation but as you probably know the feds definition and a normal definition are not quite the same. As demonstrated by this thread.

After all closing a gift shop due to financial issues is one thing. Feds claiming they need to close the geyser and other scenic spots to put heat on tourists is another.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

We are living in a police state now, and it is going further in that direction, this is going to become a common tactic, which is treating your own citizens as criminals not just before they are proven guilty, not even before they commit a crime, but when they aren't even intending on committing any crimes.

It is such a big deal that I had to bring it up with my counselor the other day, my issue with having anxiety when dealing with police and airport security and stuff, and he said that he is often profiled and pulled over,

So we had to work on strategies for dealing with the anxiety involved with being treated like a criminal when doing nothing wrong.
edit on 8-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm convinced. It's over for all of us.

Second line

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yet we have this

Congress's private gym -- whose budget is a closely held secret for "security" reasons -- has remained open during the shutdown. It was deemed an essential service. By John Boehner himself. (Possibly because so many Tea Party Congressmen live in their lavish tax-funded/tax-free offices and use the fancy club as their personal showers, rather than renting DC lodgings)

The staffers' gym was closed, however.

Link

A few of questions:

- why the gym is "essential"
- why publishing it's cost is a security risk
- why do staffers need a gym paid for by the gov
edit on 10/8/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

We've been headed here for a while I guess. I quit flying when TSA came into being so I can understand your anxiety if you have to deal with them. As far as the cops I've never trusted them to be anything but overbearing and dangerous. Still they are worse now than ever.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Wow, this is the first time I've heard of this!

What a sad situation this country has devolved into.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Visitor2012
I'm convinced. It's over for all of us.

Second line

sadly so.. the baby boomers "me" generation run it.. I recall as a young boy, hearing all the old geezers (born before 1930) yammer on about "how the ME generation (boomers) would let it all fall" and how "there are powers trying to bring the USA down, before immigrants decide to stay home and fight. The owners of the world are gonna bring it all down"..etc.

These are the hard string people who didn't go through the Dept of Ed, worked and survived throught the depression, FOUGHT in ww2, etc..

this whole park mess would have NOT happened 30yrs ago. those old geezers would of been like. "OH, YEAH, well I am gonna walk back and forth with my rifle through that park and DARE some barney fife to stop me"..

There would of been THOUSANDS of people doing this at EVERY PARK!!.

what this shows is the America I LOVED, died in the 90's.

NO TWITCH...and this was the kick to make sure the corpse is dead.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

We're all only players on a stage...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Effin hilarious in my opinion, we can't keep it open because we don't have the people to man them... yet we have the armed guards to make sure people don't go there... straight hilarious

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join