It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gestapo' tactics meet senior citizens at Yellowstone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Things just keep getting more ludicrous in the good old USA.

NEWBURYPORT — Pat Vaillancourt went on a trip last week that was intended to showcase some of America’s greatest treasures. Instead, the Salisbury resident said she and others on her tour bus witnessed an ugly spectacle that made her embarrassed, angry and heartbroken for her country.

Vaillancourt was one of thousands of people who found themselves in a national park as the federal government shutdown went into effect on Oct. 1. For many hours her tour group, which included senior citizen visitors from Japan, Australia, Canada and the United States, were locked in a Yellowstone National Park hotel under armed guard.

The tourists were treated harshly by armed park employees, she said, so much so that some of the foreign tourists with limited English skills thought they were under arrest.

Armed guards now detaining senior citizens in our National Parks? Foreign citizens as well? This has gone from embarrassing to outrageous. At this rate maybe Japan, Australia and Canada will invade to help us out a little with the political insanity.

This is downright humiliating for the US. Could it get any worse? Yep, looks like it could.

When finally allowed to leave, the bus was not allowed to halt at all along the 2.5-hour trip out of the park, not even to stop at private bathrooms that were open along the route.

edit on 811pm5555pm12013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You dirty dog you! lmao

I sent this along with a few questions to my Congressman today I asked him how comfortable he felt representing a government that approves of this type of behavior and if he planned on doing anything to stop this kind of police state tactics. I followed it up with if he wasn't going to do anything, how much time do the American people have left before the rise of the new Stalin or Mao.................

S&F my friend!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This bothers me even more than most of this nonsense. You never argue with your family in front of guests!

This is disgraceful and embarrassing.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Wow, they didn't even bother to throw in the cliche line of "It's for your protection" eh?

Talk about reaffirming that notion that the majority of law enforcement is looking out for government interests and not the interest of the people.

God help the people if and when the government decides to further impose its will and have certain governmental agencies hop too without hesitation to enforce. Scary

edit on 8-10-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons why I will never visit the US or travel through it (besides a layover at an airport). Can you imagine how tourists would be treated if the government defaulted or some other catastrophe happened? Do you think we would be able to just leave? I have nothing against the citizens of the US, just their government and the blind servants of it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I don't blame you. Especially after this huge SNAFU!

What is amazing is that this story was broke in a "Local" small town newspaper. NOT the MSM.....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I can't believe the arrogance of the Government.

They have taken all the fun out of the National Parks.

I thought with them staying home people could have some fun.

How hard are they going to push?

It looks like they want a confrontation .

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You can say that again. Many of us would probably be happy to move to wherever you are. Doesn't matter where, this place is starting to look like Egypt. And the government is acting like we're the Muslim Brotherhood.

Oh wait, our government loves the MB. Now I'm confused.

edit on 819pm1515pm12013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

seeker1963

I don't blame you. Especially after this huge SNAFU!

What is amazing is that this story was broke in a "Local" small town newspaper. NOT the MSM.....

Quite true!

Neither did Joseph Goebbels make mention of similar crack downs. He rather distracted the masses with nationalistic propaganda. Wait a second, was a ruling on propaganda recently amended to allow for it?

History doomed to repeat itself....

edit on 8-10-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Why am I not surprised?

I bookmarked these articles on the Militarization of America's Police (a new category for me)
Why did you shoot me? I was reading a book”: The new warrior cop is out of control

Woman calls 911 for diabetic fiancee, cops arrive, shoot him dead

Militarized police overreach: “Oh, God, I thought they were going to shoot me next”

Obama Martial Law EO moves power from FEMA to President

I certainly do not like the trend I am seeing of the police becoming bullies immune to prosecution. Aristocracy anyone?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Bassago

You can say that again. Many of us would probably be happy to move to wherever you are. Doesn't matter where, this place is starting to look like Egypt. And the government is acting like we're the Muslim Brotherhood.

Oh wait, our government loves the MB. Now I'm confused.

edit on 819pm1515pm12013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

It's not much better in Canada. They shot a young man on a bus several times because he had a knife. I believe this was in Toronto. I'm glad I live in small town Saskatchewan!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm glad I live in small town Saskatchewan

lol nothing seems to ever happen in Saskatchewan except some crazy football fans

Yes, the young man was shot in Toronto. The officer responsible for the shooting has been charged and will be going to trial.

The trend of law enforcement becoming more militaristic is apparent across North America I am afraid to say.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wasn't AJ talking about the USA Kremlin using National Parks as collateral for National Debt in UN Treaties?

or

It may be due to Yellowstone seismic and volcanic activity!

or

Both....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You know,this makes me think of my childhood,when i was very afraid of the "Russian bear",i think many South Africans were.With good reason,they later tried to invade my country
My family always read a certain magazine (Scope,fellow SAfricans of my age would remember it:-D) that regularly featured photo's of military parades in Red Square,it was frightening for a child,and i guess the adults knew they might have to defend their country against a formidable enemy.Still,i started reading at a very early age,and as a child i devoured many novels set in Russia and Siberia,by the uniquely talented German writer,Heinz Konsalik.

I realised that most Russians,especially the poor,had harder lives than South Africans,much less "fun", if any,oftentimes grim circumstances(from the magazines i also learnt about the KGB,the gulags)

So i asked my mother if people were allowed to travel behind the "Iron Curtain" and she said it was possible,but you were thoroughly scrutinised,spied on all the time you were there,even in your hotel room,one had to be careful-it did not sound worth the trip,quite frankly.

This just brought back those memories,of the USSR in the Soviet era.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

If you are being detained by men with guns, there are only two options:

1) You are under arrest, or
2) You have been kidnapped.

I am thinking this sounds more like number 2. (pun intended)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Raxoxane
reply to post by Bassago

You know,this makes me think of my childhood

So i asked my mother if people were allowed to travel behind the "Iron Curtain" and she said it was possible,but you were thoroughly scrutinised,spied on all the time you were there,even in your hotel room,one had to be careful-it did not sound worth the trip,quite frankly.

This just brought back those memories,of the USSR in the Soviet era.

This reminds my of mine as well only I never thought to see this type of fascism here. Welcome to the Nazification of America. I fear your perception has become reality for us.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
US National Parks are not quite what National Parks are in the UK.

Here the land is mostly owned by individuals (although our National Trust - a charity - often owns large tracts) and access is inalienable - anyone can go there at any time. And the only time you see someone with a gun, it means he's out culling deer.

US National Parks always seem to me the antithesis of what they should be. You can only go here, camp there, must register at this place, can't do this, can't do that .....

I sometimes wonder whether the USA is more feudal than federal ......

edit on 8-10-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

superman2012
This is one of the reasons why I will never visit the US or travel through it (besides a layover at an airport). Can you imagine how tourists would be treated if the government defaulted or some other catastrophe happened? Do you think we would be able to just leave? I have nothing against the citizens of the US, just their government and the blind servants of it.

I just hope the world leaders have your same opinion about us civs when they get sick of our government's BS.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Bassago
Things just keep getting more ludicrous in the good old USA.

NEWBURYPORT — Pat Vaillancourt went on a trip last week that was intended to showcase some of America’s greatest treasures. Instead, the Salisbury resident said she and others on her tour bus witnessed an ugly spectacle that made her embarrassed, angry and heartbroken for her country.

Vaillancourt was one of thousands of people who found themselves in a national park as the federal government shutdown went into effect on Oct. 1. For many hours her tour group, which included senior citizen visitors from Japan, Australia, Canada and the United States, were locked in a Yellowstone National Park hotel under armed guard.

The tourists were treated harshly by armed park employees, she said, so much so that some of the foreign tourists with limited English skills thought they were under arrest.

Armed guards now detaining senior citizens in our National Parks? Foreign citizens as well? This has gone from embarrassing to outrageous. At this rate maybe Japan, Australia and Canada will invade to help us out a little with the political insanity.

This is downright humiliating for the US. Could it get any worse? Yep, looks like it could.

When finally allowed to leave, the bus was not allowed to halt at all along the 2.5-hour trip out of the park, not even to stop at private bathrooms that were open along the route.

edit on 811pm5555pm12013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

Since there is no reply button ( probably my tab ). I'll re quote so the linked article is available. Once on the new bury port site. Just start forwarding the article via twitter fb or email. Send it to you local news, MsM, your friends..... tweet it to a comedian like Lewis black or tweetofgod. Make it so the the public at large sees it. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

That's a good idea.... but I don't use FB or twitter.

Anyone else help with this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join