posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:24 PM
reply to post by woodsmom
Awww, I have a subie too!
I also replaced some of the most frequently used light bulbs with LED ones this past weekend. Not exactly cheap, but they use 1/4 of a regular bulb,
and 1/2 of a compact fluorescent. And, they're supposed to last a LOOOONG time.
It gets dark and cold here, and I often have to resort to an electric space heater and I figured anything to lower the electric bill!
Oh, protip everyone....real, wood burning fireplaces actually aren't energy efficient. Sure, the fire feels nice sitting in front of it, but you are
also loosing a lot of heat! When it's -30F outside, it's better to plug it up with foam.