It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-GOP insider unloads: Blame “neo-Confederate insurrectionists” for shutdown!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
www.salon.com...

And I’ll say this: I am not an Obama partisan. I have many bones to pick with him, including the healthcare bill. If your intent was to insure as many people as possible, you’d have single payer. You also wouldn’t pay off big Pharma and the insurance companies. That said, the difference between what Obama and the Republicans are doing is like the difference between stomach upset and galloping Ebola.

"That said, the difference between what Obama and the Republicans are doing is like the difference between stomach upset and galloping Ebola."

The government shutdown, and the prospect of an unprecedented debt default, have sparked a new wave of debate about whether the system of government set forth in the Constitution is equipped to handle the tactics taken up by the modern GOP. Salon spoke Friday with Mike Lofgren, who worked as a Republican congressional staffer from 1983 to 2011 (including 16 years as a senior analyst on the budget Ccommittees of the Senate and House) before leaving and writing the best-seller “The Party Is Over: How Republicans Went Crazy, Democrats Became Useless, and the Middle Class Got Shafted.”

These people are basically neo-Confederate insurrectionists. They are in substantive rebellion against the orderly government of the country. And one of the things I noticed — and it’s something that’s very common in human beings — we all try to mollify or appease the crazy uncle at Thanksgiving dinner. You know, “Don’t make a scene.” Well, I noticed in the last few years of my service on the Hill that a number of Democrats seemed to be afraid of Republicans. And Obama pretty much wasted his first term trying to mollify them. I think he’s finally stumbled upon a strategy that’s better: simply not give them what they demand. Because this is a deliberate strategy to hold the government hostage.

This is what I painstakingly have tried to educate the people on this forum about. This is not a partisan left/right paradigm dispute, but a dispute between reality and delusion. Sight and blindness, truth and falsehood. Just because the sight and reality and truth side happens to fall this time on the side of the Democrats shouldn’t stop people from acknowledging the truth, and that the GOP tea party are the essence of POLITICAL MADNESS!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Aaaaaaaand the conservatives will be by to eviscerate you in ...

Good luck buddy, folks aren't very friendly to your kind around these parts.

Personally, I think it's all for show. We won't default, and Obamacare will continue. The Republicans just need to be able to say that they tried their hardest and did everything they could to stop Obamacare before the next set of elections.

This is nothing more than pre-election season pandering.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Constantly trying to appease the crazy uncle for the last 150-200 years has gotten us where we are today.

Trying to put decades of tyrannical buildup onto the shoulders of a few congressmen over the last year is silly and ignoring the real problem.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Don’t you worry your little self about me.

I can handle them in my sleep.

As I already have.
You know why?

CAUSE TRUTH ALWAYS WINS!

BTW did you actually read the op?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Oooh a dirt on the other party, i'm sure it will get covered by other crap. Well this is ATS Political side.

Chance of this thread getting any traction? absolutely non!

Meanwhile.... "Obama might be Korean, sources say!" < 10,000,000 stars and flags!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The guy acknowledges problems but logically and reasonably takes apart the methodology of the insane.
That’s what we need to focus on.

“The difference between what Obama and the Republicans are doing is like the difference between stomach upset and galloping Ebola."

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

“The difference between what Obama and the Republicans are doing is like the difference between stomach upset and galloping Ebola."

Just the facts Mam!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

And as other's have pointed out to you this is all just theater and you are falling for it, hook, line, and sinker.

The progressives, neo-cons, and rinos are trying desperately to maintain the status quo in Washington. Anyone who dares stand up to it or tries to change it is labeled a terrorist, anarchist, extremist, (now) insurrectionist. To make the rhetoric more emotional they are invoking imagery of the civil war (the side that supported slavery, at that).

It's nothing but divisive rhetoric to play upon the populace and sway public opinion. It's a psy-op in a desperate attempt to save their corrupt enterprise and keep the people divided, while demonizing the opposition.

And . . . it seems to be working on you. You can choose to stand united, as a citizenry, and blame the whole lot of them (both sides) that are ruining this country or you can choose to continue to fall for the false left/right paradigm. These are old tactics that have a long history . . .

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If you make your font a bit larger you may get your point to make sense.

Yet Obama is trying to make things more painful for no reason other then he can, lets close down the memorials so the vets can't visit but how come the immigration rally can go on at the national mall.

Just games by both sides no one single group to blame.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Actually from a conspiratorial perspective I could buy the possibility of that being true. In fact I have posted such. www.abovetopsecret.com... That notwithstanding, still doesn’t exclude the people in question from being everything this guy avers.

That’s where I school you NWO globalist conspiracy guys to deal on all levels, all perspectives not just one.

The EXOTERIC: Ordinary politics
The ESOTERIC: Globalist agenda politics

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Don’t you worry your little self about me.

I can handle them in my sleep.

As I already have.
You know why?

CAUSE TRUTH ALWAYS WINS!

BTW did you actually read the op?

That's why I like you in the trenches WillTell.
You don't flinch . Even in a full house of Neo Confederates .
We like minded are few here at ATS, but not in the real world thankfully.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

You good folks keep bringing up Obama as a wedge against my logic. But that won’t wash because I am one of the biggest critics of lame ass Obama.

It just goes to illustrate the foulness of those who are behind this shutdown.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Willtell

Actually from a conspiratorial perspective I could buy the possibility of that being true. In fact I have posted such. www.abovetopsecret.com... That notwithstanding, still doesn’t exclude the people in question from being everything this guy avers.

That’s where I school you NWO globalist conspiracy guys to deal on all levels, all perspectives not just one.

The EXOTERIC: Ordinary politics
The ESOTERIC: Globalist agenda politics

“The difference between what Obama and the Republicans are doing is like the difference between stomach upset and galloping Ebola."'

Only in your own mind . . .

I'm not a "NWO globalist conspiracy guy" . . . so, keep beating your chest, while falling for the propaganda. These are simple psychological techniques being employed and have nothing to do with "conspiracy". People use them in all walks of life, however, until this administration the rhetoric used by the Feds against their own peers has never bordered on "dangerous" and sought to incite the populace. Demonizing the opposition and those that side with dissent is their only cause . . . it's also why the administration has sought to make this "shutdown" seem hard on the average person, as opposed to cutting the waste in Washington. (see the many posts of the absurdity, as to what they choose to "shut down")

You claim to be able to "buy" into the possibility of it happening . . . but, not only are you falling for it . . . you are promoting it and gloating about it at the same time. Weak minded and sad, if you ask me.
edit on 10/8/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

True, this is a very conservative forum. My hope is to offer my conservative friends here an alternative way of thinking conservative, expanding it to include more empathy and compassion without giving up their principles.

There is, I believe, a middle ground were unity and peace can happen.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Okay Mr. Neutral, I don’t believe in nothing, guy, what’s your solution?

Sounds like all analytical rhetoric to me.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Just because it's your logic it doesn't make it logical for most.
You claim you are so against Obama yet your on your knees in front of him and blaming a very small group of people for the downfall of America.

I know I'm one of them and something about Ebola.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Did you know that in WWII we were allies with one of the worst mass murderers in history, Stalin?

And why we were his allies?

BECAUSE HITLER WAS WORST!

You think you are logical and reasonable but I just revealed the flaw in your “reason”

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Oh my the drama.

Lifetime network is looking for some good writers.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Nobody said anything about the downfall of America. Though you never know with fanatics.

Even though the “smallness” of the group is irrelevant since it could take one person to destroy the world, or a few with the technology we have, numbers are actually irrelevant.

It’s the inner power, distorted or not distorted, that can bring about the downfall of something. An idea that spreads inside that distortion, like Nazism, communism, radical Islam; I include Tea partyism amongst those negative poles of the human mind. That’s my opinion. And I believe I have proven my case.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Willtell

Okay Mr. Neutral, I don’t believe in nothing, guy, what’s your solution?

Sounds like all analytical rhetoric to me.

The solution is to not fall for their psychological ploys, such as simply engaging in dangerous rhetoric (anarchist, terrorist, extremist, et. al.). The solution is to start demanding they stop acting like petulant children throwing a temper tantrums and do what they are supposed to do, which is negotiate with each other (you know that whole diplomacy thing that politicians are supposed to be good at?). The solution is to demand they start making financially sound decisions, just as you would have to if you drove yourself into financial dire straits. Demand they stop enriching their corporate sponsors, lining their own pockets, and driving us further in debt, while stripping the wealth of this nation and it's citizens.

Or you could keep being a misled pawn, who acts smug about it to boot, and continue playing their silly media games.

Tell me what would your credit rating look like if you found yourself trillions of dollars in debt and instead of cutting out your bad behaviors, not only continued, but expanded them. Would it be AAA? This whole thing has nothing to do with empathy, compassion, healthcare, etc. It's about financial responsibility. You've fallen for petty emotional rhetoric.

(BTW - nice attempt a condescending strawman characterization of a person (me) you don't know . . . seems they've taught you their tricks (demonization) well.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join