It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise Leaves Customers In Shock........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Those of you in the US may have seen this before, but I thought it was a great idea to promote a movie...

How would you react if someone inside a coffee shop went crazy and exhibited Carrie-like Telekinetic super powers?

To promote the upcoming remake of the movie Carrie, a New York City coffee shop was rigged with stunt props that gave an angry female customer those terrifying powers...

Watch as she uses her “powers” to throw a stunt actor up a wall and then holds them there. Using electronics and spring loaded books it then appears that the girl can move other objects with pure anger...

Witnesses to the event are most certainly freaked out as they run for cover, oddly enough none of them flee the coffee shop, instead choosing to see what unfolds next...

It’s a pretty convincing show and definitely a unique way to hype up a movie...

So how do you think you would react, seriously, if you did not know it was a hoax?

Personally I think I may poop my pants, but amazing to witness....

Cheers....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I would walk right up to her and say the following 2 words: "Teach, me".

But damn, that was really well done. People must have been freaking out :p And it would seem that this "Carrie" is a movie to watch out for. I am guessing it will be a remake of the 1976 movie with the same name.
edit on RAmerica/ChicagoV by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That was very cool...

Thanks for posting it, gunna have to see the movie remake. I actually think the last one is still worth watching.

Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I saw that last night and thought it was hilarious. If it were me in the coffee shop, I wouldn't have screamed. I would have simply backed up to a relatively safe distance and watched. Or I would've tried to console the actress to calm her down. Then, according to all movies and tv shows relating to people with superhuman powers, I'd wait for agents to show up and cart her away to never be seen or heard from again.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
hehe... that was cool!

But I'm wondering why such a big fuss with this remake? There was one made a few years back, and I don't recall people anticipating it like they do this one... What did I miss?...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

She's just lucky no one decided to stab her in the brain. Very irresponsible, I have always hated practical jokes, you never know how people will react.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I hated that movie back then. It is slow, slow, slow. Nothing happens until the end. I think almost all movies by Stephen King suck. Cujo? Really? Christine? No thanks. It took Kubrick to make the Shining awesome. I'll pass at least until HBO shows it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I probably would have walked over to her, visualizing a golden pentagram on the way and silently calling for my guides before i tried to calm her down

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That construction worker has balls of steel man, he just stood there and watched lol all the others ran off especially the woman! That was very well done I am definitely going to watch this movie!

-BmwSauber

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Saw this on my Facebook two days ago. I would have posted it if I thought it might be popular. There's no accounting for taste around these parts. I will say that I loved every minute of it. Fantastic stunt work.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Candid Camera strikes again!

Can you picture Phage being in that coffee shop, at the moment this happens?

Looks at her with a poker face, and says. "I don't think so."
edit on 10/8/2013 by Klassified because: clarity and grammar

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well, so glad no one had a heart attack! Wonder what the liability would have been for the coffee shop?

For my part, I woulda been out of there like lightening!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I loved the original movie, very scary.

I think people stayed because they did not on some level believe it. It is the possibility it might be real that scares us. We all know how unstable minds are, lol. Long way from bending spoons to slamming someone up against a wall. Great way to promote a film.

I would have probably freaked out along with everyone else.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

The special effects are bound to be spectacular. My concern is the story telling. The first movie was just the right mix of every element to render it precisely as Stephen King's book did. It was a precise visual translation of the story he was trying to tell. It was simplistic and intense. Not too flashy, not too gaudy or extravagant. Everything they needed, and nothing they didn't.

I just hope this doesn't end up being a CGI exhibition.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Very funny, knowing the situation. They chose well to do it in a coffe shop. If it was done in some other places, with a different clientele, someone may have slammed something in her face.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Klassified
Candid Camera strikes again!

Can you picture Phage being in that coffee shop, at the moment this happens?

Looks at her with a poker face, and says. "I don't think so."
edit on 10/8/2013 by Klassified because: clarity and grammar

Awesome, now that would be some intestinal fortitude worth witnessing!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BmwSauber

The construction guy was my favorite, too! Almost like he was trying to stand as a guard between the 'Carrie' and the people in an attempt to shield them. lol!

Or he was holding onto the pole for dear life so he wouldn't get lifted up. haha

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
this makes me think... if there were people in the past (let's say for example BC), and they were exceptionally clever, knew how to come up with stunts, illusions and tricks (sorta like the ones you see on magic shows), people would praise them and they would be seen as gods.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Cool but I think they should have had her fly the pictures and books off the wall and shelves first, then spread the tables and finally pin the man against the wall.

As for the old movie Carrie the book was far better but I still liked the movie.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

needlenight

I would walk right up to her and say the following 2 words: "Teach, me".

But damn, that was really well done. People must have been freaking out :p And it would seem that this "Carrie" is a movie to watch out for. I am guessing it will be a remake of the 1976 movie with the same name.
edit on RAmerica/ChicagoV by needlenight because: (no reason given)

Exactly. OR, look around and ask, "okay, where are the cameras?"

And, before someone says, "oh, that's easy to say behind your computer - it'd be different if you were actually there", something like this actually happened to me before.

Unbeknownst to me and some buddies who were out drinking, one time - this bar fight broke out and this HUGE guy was smashing everyone (only lasted 5 seconds, culminating with one guy being thrown over the bar into a wall of stacked glasses) - this guy - whom I can only describe as Mr. Clean on Steroids - scowls at me and I held out my beer to him and said, [paraphrasing] 'clearly, you need this more than me, man' - they all broke character and started laughing their asses off.

Pretty clever, though.
edit on 10/11/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join