Gulf States Introduce Medical Testing to Detect Gay People and Stop From Entering Country

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Ultra-religious homophobia is alive and well in the Gulf States region. Travelers beware. (not that many people would want to be tourists to those holes anyways). The articles don't say exactly what the 'medical testing' is that will be done on people traveling to the country. I can imagine their version of medical testing being something like having 'real men' at the gates checking to see if any men entering the country display effeminate behavior or something. **eye roll **

Sure, they can run their countries any way they wish. But while we still have some form of freedom of speech, we can discuss what we think of their homophobia. You know, the more I read stuff like this, the more sympathy I have for people who are homosexual and just trying to live their lives here on planet earth without having to be subjected to this kind of discrimination.

Gulf States Introduce Medical Testing to Detect Gay People and Stop From Entering Country

A medical test being developed by Kuwait will be used to 'detect' homosexuals and prevent them from entering the country – or any of the Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC), according to a Kuwaiti government official.

GCC member countries – Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates – already deem homosexual acts unlawful. This controversial stance is being toughened, according to Yousouf Mindkar, the director of public health at the Kuwaiti health ministry.

He told Kuwait newspaper Al Rai: ‘Health centres conduct the routine medical check to assess the health of the expatriates when they come into the GCC countries. However, we will take stricter measures that will help us detect gays who will be then barred from entering Kuwait or any of the GCC member states.’

Where homosexuality is punishable by death based on religious reasons - Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen, Mauritania.

Gulf States Introduce Medical Tests to detect Gays

Those taking part in homosexual acts in Kuwait, if they’re under 21, can receive a jail sentence of up to 10 years.

Earlier this month Oman newspaper The Week was suspended over an article that was deemed to be sympathetic to homosexuals, according to the BBC.

It’s illegal to be gay in 78 countries, with lesbianism banned in 49. Five countries mete out the death penalty to gay people – Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen and Mauritania.

ALSO -

IBTimes - Gulf States Gay Tests Trigger World Cup Boycott

A leading London-based LGBT campaigner has called on FIFA to cancel the 2022 World Cup in Qatar over reports that Gulf Cooperation Countries will introduce medical screening tests to "detect" and ban homosexuals entering the countries.

Peter Tatchell, director of the Peter Tatchell Foundation, told IBTimes UK that the proposed legislation "will mean that gay players and spectators will be banned from attending the football world cup".

"This contradicts previous assurances given to FIFA by the Qatar government that everyone will be welcome and that there will be no discrimination," he said

The boycott is a good idea. Considering how homosexual people are treated in that part of the world, it is a much safer thing to stay clear of it. If homosexuals are put to death in Saudi Arabia simply for being homosexual, then what's to stop a Saudi from exercising his religious beliefs in Kuwait during the World Cup and kill someone in the name of his religion?? Nothing. The Kuwait government would probably turn a blind eye to the murder.

Others carrying this story -

Israel National News - Kuwait Proposes Test to Detect Gays and Ban Entry
Australia - Gulf States Consider Medical Test to Detect Gay Travellers

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Wall these countries off and let em rage holy war against each other...we will move in in 20 years to sweep the bodies away.
I can't wait until we get working fusion and we can tell these oil rich countries and old world religions to evolve
or die.
A medical test to see If someone is gay?.....good luck with that.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
if I like the TSA's anal probe, am I disqualified?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Honestly, it is a good way to prevent the spread of AIDS and HIV and the dozens of other STD's that gay men spread more often. My mother was a nurse in an infectious disease clinic, and she said 99% of her patients were gay black men with HIV. I don't agree that gay people should be put in jail or put to death, but if a country wants to protect itself from disease that is a different story. Although, it is sad that this has nothing to even do with that and more to do with religious indoctrination. That is the worst part.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

IamAStrangeLoop
it is a good way to prevent the spread of AIDS and HIV and the dozens of other STD's that gay men spread more often.

An HIV test would be the way to stop the spread of HIV ... not a 'gay test'. And the country is going to test every single traveler?? That's insanely expensive and impractical.

The reason they think they are going to be doing 'gay testing' isn't because of disease.
It's because of religion. They think homosexuals are hell bound and evil.
Like I said, they can run their country any way they want.
But we also have the right to say ... how insane!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Not sure but I think there is a thread on this subject already on the board ...peace
found it www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-10-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I guess I'm stupid but I'm going to ask anyway....

How do you physically check to see if someone is gay?? Is this a joke?

I mean....this is by no means a scientific test. WTH?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Totally missed it. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So those states have not heard of gaydar yet? shame on them, as if a blood test would tell if someone was batting for the other side.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Its disgusting the way some ATS members support this type of fascist regime. When one day they are effected,tested and banned from entering a country because of their genetics . They will feel how unfair this treatment is.

Roll on Hitler.

His spirit is alive and well in many countries apparently.
edit on 8-10-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

FreedomEntered
Its disgusting the way some ATS members support this type of fascist regime. When one day they are effected,tested and banned from entering a country of their genetics . They will feel how unfair this treatment is.

Roll on Hitler.

You're assuming the test is actually feasible. Sounds like a stunt to me.

How in the world can someone test for homosexuality? Talk about a witch hunt.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I would love to find out how they test for this.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes, precisely.

A witch hunt. Do they still not realise that in countries where gays have equal rights. They do no harm to anyone.

I mean they are basically saying they HATE gays. We all know there are more than likely MANY MANY gays in their countries also. But it happens behind closed doors and they remain in the closet.

This is their way to say " We will find you".

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

A witch hunt. Do they still not realise that in countries where gays have equal rights. They do no harm to anyone.
Of course they don’t!! They’re barbarians!

I mean they are basically saying they HATE gays. We all know there are more than likely MANY MANY gays in their countries also. But it happens behind closed doors and they remain in the closet.

This is their way to say " We will find you".
Of course they hate gays. They hate all non-Muslims and non-conformists. This is a part of the world that condones pedophilia, promotes terrorism, stones women for adultery, beheads people on the streets, condones rape, etc.

Barbarians!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAStrangeLoop

They aren't doing it for the benefits of testing for disease -- even then they should be testing ALL travelers and not just gay-specific, heterosexuals can get aids and other STD's just as easily. I support the protest against FIFA going there . . . It would be better off not risking innocent lives due to the sheer ignorance of one country.

~Sovereign

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It's just a thought this story brings, but this does quite a job for showing just how free and open most Western nations are.

If it were just the Gulf States or just greater Arabia with this attitude, it would be one thing. The article mentioned 78 nations where it's outright illegal though with open persecution increasingly common on the street in places like Russia . The fact several nations enforce the Death Penalty for it was also rather surprising to find when checking more into this on the other thread that carries it.

There are things about the Western nations that are exceptional after all.
(Of course, I know some will almost violently disagree....as is their right ...in a free nation.)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
I would love to find out how they test for this.

It's the old 'Suck a golf ball through a hosepipe' test.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You know what. Its not the worst way of life, Islam that is.

But on these things they do go too far, again not following science, some folk are BORN THAT WAY.
Gays have said they felt this way from very early on in their lives, and they were raised by straight parents.

They honestly think if a people had choices they would be with the same sex??

Its pure hate. And its all to do with prejudice, anyone can get an stds.

Its fascist that they should now want to medically test people for this so called " evil" .

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The west isn't as free and open as you would like to think. Its full of bullying.

Although at least legally gays are protected from twits.
edit on 8-10-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

There are gay people everywhere.
In a society where women are treated as 'property' and kept behind masks and the menfolk are raised with little natural contact with the opposite sex, this leads to guess what? Urges will be sated regardless of what the local laws command. It would be no surprise for many to learn that homosexual acts are rampant (including the rape of young boys and the 'legal' rape of child brides) in countries where religious edicts suppress natural contact between men and women. Of course, those who are in charge in these places are top of the list when it comes to the vices of prostitution, drug use, and any manner of perverse acts, but they bleat the loudest for punishment when it's time to hang some unfortunate gay bloke who gets caught holding hands with his boyfriend.

What century are we living in here?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join