It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does Earth Looks Like, Today? A Recording Of North America's Weather Progress.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
How Does Earth Looks Like, Today? A Recording Of North America's Weather Progress.

by John SkieSwanne

With the upcoming Karen hurricane, I thought I'd make a thread so to allow you guys to actually follow its progress. And, at the same time, allow you to check how the weather system actually looks today, over your respective state (or province, if you're Canadian like me).

I'll be posting raw satellite images, from GOES satellite, which covers most of North America.

Time is in UTC. The source is Environment Canada, and the images are composites of visible light + infrared.

Okay, here we go. This is how Earth looked like today, on 8 October 2013, 15h45m UTC:

Hurricane Karen is supposed to be the system just over Florida. Note that a much bigger spiral-shaped cloud formation is forming west of the Great Lakes.

At Time's End,

Swan

edit on 8-10-2013 by swanne because: upgraded time

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I find it interesting to look at the raw data from the satellite, and compare it wit the stuff the civilian weather channel shows to the public. Once I saw the raw data and its level of detail, I never went back to these dumbed-down charts they show on TV. It's just not the same. It's as if one is meant for people like you and me, and the other for kids...

You gotta give credit where credit is due: the military makes good stuff.

The Earth is actually beautiful, as seen from this sattelite.

I'll be posting an update in the next days.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Cool ..I go to the Goes every day to animate the systems to try and figure out the weather for myself ...sometimes I do better then the weather guys ..I dont get the $ but I do stay dry lol

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I just think it's funny that the www.noaa.gov website is "down" for the shutdown, but the GOES satellite websites are up. Maybe it's because the satellites are automated?

Meanwhile here is the GOES satellite that I use, and it's working fine

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

This is the site the op is using weather.gc.ca... if you hover over the weather you will get a drop down and you can choose where you want to look at ....peace

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Thanks for the link! I had to make my own for GOES to throw it out there.

At any rate, weather patterns seem to be altered a bit, like every year.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

I think it's all part of the cyclical climate ...The sun being in a very quiet cycle may have some effects on the patterns ..I think if you go back in the 1800's you may find a similar solar cycle that made things a wee bit cool ...peace

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Bringing you today's (9 october 2013, 13h45m UTC) weather pattern over North America:

Note the strange "blowing away" pattern just over NY.

edit on 9-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Bringing you today's weather pattern.

North America, 10 october 2013, 16h15m UTC

Swan

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Oh noes!
What happened to Louisiana!?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hehe, good observation. Hm, it seems the satellite doesn't reach there. Both in the 9th and 10th october pics there's a black triangle there.

edit on 11-10-2013 by swanne because: sleepy, so I made grammatical errors as usual.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

That black triangle looks just like the broken map in the south park episode . someone had started a thread on it but it got vanished ....strange indeed ..

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Today's weather as it was on the 11th of october, 15h45m UTC:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
12 october 2013, 16h15m UTC:

Hm, it seems the source of my images is being deleted as time goes by. Which means This image on top will get deleted in 3 days unless I upload it into ATS's database, which I am reluctant to do, since it'll consume alot of memory.

Well, unless... Unless I bunch many photos together! Yeah, that might do the trick.

new topics

top topics

join