It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby P's Mother To Be Released From Prison. SICK.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I've done plenty of jobs over in Haringey to know that I'm not shocked at this continuing to happen. The Social Services that operate there are a joke and a lot of workers barely speak English, the ones that do seem clueless. Highgate and around there isn't too bad, to live that is, the rest of the borough is honestly crime ridden, with too many undesireables to even keep count of. I guess the recruitment campaigns over the years of the local council, public services and in particular social services is to reflect that demographic. You know, like when they say "the organisation is not an accurate representation of the population of [insert name of slum]" so then hire a load of people that apparently makes the organisation an accurate representation and what happens, the organisation becomes dog sh!t overnight. See Met Police for examples.
edit on 11-10-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

stumason

I said to the Social Worker as well that while there are the Baby P's, or kids being starved or their bodies left for 2 years in a cot full of filth, we're being investigated over something trivial? I find it hard to sympathise with people who claim they are over-worked or don't have enough resources when they waste their time on bothering us, an affluent, middle-class family who dote on the kids when they miss such glaring cases that we have seen far too often over the past several years.

I 100% agree and know exactly where you are coming from!

My young daughter was diagnosed with cancer and had 2 and half years of chemo and cancer treatments.She was only 7 at the time. After a year of struggling with the devastating illness of my daughter and 3 other small children who were 10 month old twins and a 4 year old when my dughter was diagnosed and trying to juggle family life with frequent hospital stays and the immense stress and financial debt, social workers got involved with my family.

I thought great....at last maybe we may get some sort of help or support as we had had none!. But no....what we got was inaccurate reports with factual errors full of criticism about how we handled and juggled family life in these extremely hard circumstances!
It really knocked me at the time as I was already low and vulnerable and felt guilt as a mother nursing a young child through cancer while still trying to be a good mum to 3 other small children. It made me question my capabilities as a mother for a while....

But that soon turned to anger! I was a good mum doing a brilliant job in down right crappy circumstances with absolutely no help or support from outside agencies. When I look back I was a damn good mother and I am proud of the way I held things together for my family.I should have been encouraged and praised. If I ever got the chance to speak to those social workers again I would tell them that they should feel downright shameful for the criticism they aimed at me during that period!

Because of my experience I have spoken to other decent families who have had bad experiences with social workers and I believe it is more prevalent than people realise.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

And just to add....I asked them if it was possible to maybe find some funding for nursery placements for my small twins to alleviate some pressure and as a practical means.
I was told that if they had concerns for my children that they could get the funding tomorrow! But as they had no concerns for my children it wouldn't be possible. So if I had been a bad mother I would have been rewarded with funding to make life easier!

So they had no concerns and certainly felt I didn't need or qualify for any help....but they still felt it necessary to take an holier than thou attitude and criticize!

It's a shame they don't take that criticism to the right people and act on it!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

I wasn't aware of her being relocated or having plastic surgery, I must have missed that.

I honestly don't know what the 'social workers' will do with her. I guess that is where she will end up ... in the hands of social workers, because she won't be the responsibility of the Police or Probation. Unless there are conditions in place for her protection which may involve the Police. I would guess she will eventually end up in a secure mental health unit somewhere.

h

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Hi Stumason,
Don't forget there have been social work assistants. I don't know if councils still use them. Especially working with children and families. Don't let them write things that are not true. Say something or take it higher. You know your child better than anyone. Make them work for you. Copy all correspondence and write a little diary of their visits.

h

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What angers me is that this non person has put on huge amounts of weight in prison, why was she allowed to do so? Prison is a punishment. She should not have been allowed comfort foods. And why should I have to pay for her future needs ie sheltered housing, police protection, cushy job in an attempt to conceal her identity? Personally I would never have let this woman out of prison. Perhaps when she is on her last legs maybe and sent home to die but certaintly not now. With the weight she has put on I assume it wont be that difficult for someone to track her down. I hope she is not given money by newspapers ie the Sun et al to sell her story. It would be obscene.

Had I been Home Secretary I would have brought back corporal punishment for a crime like this, and her and those such as the Soham Murderer, for example should have been given a good lashing once a week for at least a year. 20 lashes should be about right. And they can thank their lucky stars that we don't have a death penalty in the UK. Also I would have held them in solitary confinement with just basic food such as bread and water, rice and some meat and fish. Perhaps one book, but no newspapers and no tv. After a few years they can have a few more books but no more. With this sort of punishment I think proper justice will have been served. Not the cushy prison service we have now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join