It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Eryiedes

If you persist I will have no alternative but to ignore you as well.

Good job...You just proved Zaphod's point.

You can ignore me if you want that still doesn't help your argument, infact it actually hurts it.

I am not making an argument.
I simply put up information that you have decided to ignore.
There's nothing more to discuss.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

There's nothing to discuss, because all you do is put videos up. You refuse to discuss them, or discuss your own beliefs about chemtrails in the first place.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Not blowing smoke Ery ; Zaphod is deserved of a more than fair hearing - being an ATS accredited expert
in Aircraft an their various attributes. ( he has some weird letter thingy in his stat box ) lol

Sometimes it pays to hear people out - research their claims or assurances, then respond.

I am not claiming that he is a contrail/chemtrail expert - just someone who could better guess delivery systems ie. aircraft, than most on these boards.

He is patient if you wish to learn.

Disclaimer: I did subscibe to threadkillers anon. So these may or may not be the views of anyone important.

Where do I pick up the tenner ?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Hey guys, did you miss my reason for editing when I removed my post on page two?

Oops, sorry, it was page 3.
edit on 9-10-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

People aren't ignoring the information. We have seen them all before and they have been posted many times. For quite a few of us they are seriously flawed in several ways.

If you are unwilling to discuss specific details of why you found them so convincing it denies you the possibility of pointing out where we have read it wrong, or of us pointing out why a claim is not believed. This is discussion, and is what the board is for. If you just want to spam the board with unanswered propaganda you have joined the wrong website.

IMO this just gives the impression that you already KNOW the claims are false and must avoid discussion at all costs. This is something I would expect of a chemtrail hoax pusher, not a concerned truth seeker.

Incidentally, your evasiveness began way before you avoided discussion of the videos. You made comment directly to me which I asked you to expand upon, which was about me, not the subject matter. You have completely failed to address that question, so it seems you expect to be able to say what you want about other members without anything to support it. This is the same reason your chemtrail posts look weak and unconvincing, but you can change that by taking part more instead of acting like a moron, which I am sure you are not.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Zaphod58

There's nothing to discuss, because all you do is put videos up. You refuse to discuss them, or discuss your own beliefs about chemtrails in the first place.

How wise of Eryiedes considering the amount of insistent opposition found across
all boards and forums. I have no doubts regarding the reality of this deliberate spraying
program but I have little idea as to the real motivations behind the practice.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

UpEndedWorld

Zaphod58

How wise of Eryiedes considering the amount of insistent opposition found across
all boards and forums. I have no doubts regarding the reality of this deliberate spraying

You have no doubts regarding the reality but you don't think it's a good idea to discuss any evidence you present. Have I got that right?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

UpEndedWorld

Zaphod58

There is also a lot of opposition on the internet to the idea that those trails in the sky produced by high-altitude planes are normal contrails (e.g., there are many more YouTube videos that call those trails "chemtrails" than there are videos which identify them as contrails).

That doesn't stop some of us from wanting to clarify what a normal contrail is, how it forms, and how it can persist.

edit on 10/9/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

mrthumpy

UpEndedWorld

Zaphod58

You have no doubts regarding the reality but you don't think it's a good idea to discuss any evidence you present. Have I got that right?

Yes, in light of how advanced the program actually is and the futility in arguing against those who are
jet set against the possibility/certainty. It is a road to nowhere.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

UpEndedWorld

mrthumpy

UpEndedWorld

Zaphod58

Yes, in light of how advanced the program actually is and the futility in arguing against those who are

Here is a basic question that you can easily answer -- and is actually the specific topic of this thread:

Do you think the objects seen in the OP are chemtrails, or can they simply be normal contrails? If you think they are chemtrails, why do you think they are?

...And sure -- it is "possible" to spray the atmosphere with chemicals, but "possible" is not evidence that they are.

edit on 10/9/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

UpEndedWorld

mrthumpy

UpEndedWorld

Zaphod58

Who has ever said it's not possible? The chemtrail believers on this forum and elsewhere keep saying that the sceptics say it's not possible but that simply isn't true. What the sceptics are saying is that there is no evidence to show that the trails that the believers call chemtrails are anything but contrails.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UpEndedWorld

Here is where the frustration comes in. You are SURE they, "they" are spraying "something", for "some reason", but you have no idea what, why, how, or how often. Pardon me for being a tiny bit skeptical about how "sure" you actually are.

Contrails look just like those lines everyone keeps calling chemtrails. Contrails act just like those lines. Contrails can last just as long as those lines. So rather than say, it's probable that those are contrails, the chemtrail crowd jumps to "they are definitely chemtrails because.......look at them".

Bypassing logic completely in favor of the fantastic. Like living in a delusion.

Now at least the frustration is explained.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Zaphod58

I have no desire to fight, I want to have a civil discussion.

To be fair, Zaphod, you were starting to act like an ass, saying sarcastic stuff like, "Maybe it's demons" or some crap like that. I understand your desire for an answer to your questions, but there's no need to be snarky about something just because someone's not answering you. You also can't act innocent and claim all you want is a civil discussion after you start being rude.

Also, the guy said time and time again watch the videos. If you don't or can't watch the videos, fine, don't watch them. But he's clearly not gonna answer your question which he claims the videos answer. So either watch them and come back or stop badgering him. You have already pointed out ad nauseum that he isn't answering your question. And he's already pointed out ad nauseum that the answers are in the videos. So it's like we're at a standoff here. The problem is you two keep going and he has tried to bow out of it a few times with you yet you keep going. Just drop it already. Like someone else said it's turned into petty bickering now and it's pointless and downright annoying.

Perhaps his videos do answer your questions and perhaps they answer them in a more succinct way than he can and that's why he's asking you to watch them. If you're not going to do it and he's not going to answer then just move on. Jesus!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Shugo

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

You agreed to that on registering your username.

Actually, I think that applies to actual posts, not comments on a thread, though I could be mistaken, but that's how I take it to mean. But I've got to say this is getting absurd. I mean now invoking the TOS that we all "signed" when we created our accounts just because he wants you guys to watch some videos that you refuse to watch. Come on! Do you not see how petty this is getting. If the guy doesn't want to answer your questions then just move on and address me. I really don't see why you guys can't let this drop and keep hammering away at him. OK, fine, you won. You beat him. You're victorious. Ego stroked enough now to let it go?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

AlienBuddha

Perhaps his videos do answer your questions and perhaps they answer them in a more succinct way than he can and that's why he's asking you to watch them. If you're not going to do it and he's not going to answer then just move on. Jesus!

Do you think those videos in any way answer your original question? It seems to me that you asked a perectly reasonable question, without bias, about something you didn't understand and he made absolutley no attempt to answer or explain the relevance of the videos.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mrthumpy

Well, I haven't gotten around to watching all of them yet, but I do have them on my list and plan to watch them when I get enough free time unlike some. So I'm not gonna bash him for posting them. After I watch them if I have more questions then I'll pose them to him and hopefully he'll be willing and able to answer them. I just don't get why people are bashing him so hard. If he's not gonna answer your questions then just move on. There's no use continuing on except for possibly self-gratification, like "Oooh, I completely owned that cowardly chemtrail conspiracy theorist. Internet high-five!"

I don't know; it's just a real turn-off to me to see grown adults acting that way on the internet... which, unfortunately, you see more and more of with each passing year. People get so divided over stuff anymore and they just can't seem to disagree respectfully. It's like you have to drive your opponent into the ground because anything less is a sign of weakness. But, I digress.

The videos I have watched have helped a bit but I do have questions and I'm writing them down, especially in combination with the anti-chemtrail, for lack of a better phrase, side of the coin and some of the arguments they've brought up, which I'm also jotting down questions for them.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

AlienBuddha
reply to post by mrthumpy

Well, I haven't gotten around to watching all of them yet, but I do have them on my list and plan to watch them when I get enough free time unlike some. So I'm not gonna bash him for posting them. After I watch them if I have more questions then I'll pose them to him and hopefully he'll be willing and able to answer them. I just don't get why people are bashing him so hard. If he's not gonna answer your questions then just move on. There's no use continuing on except for possibly self-gratification, like "Oooh, I completely owned that cowardly chemtrail conspiracy theorist. Internet high-five!"

I don't know; it's just a real turn-off to me to see grown adults acting that way on the internet... which, unfortunately, you see more and more of with each passing year. People get so divided over stuff anymore and they just can't seem to disagree respectfully. It's like you have to drive your opponent into the ground because anything less is a sign of weakness. But, I digress.

The videos I have watched have helped a bit but I do have questions and I'm writing them down, especially in combination with the anti-chemtrail, for lack of a better phrase, side of the coin and some of the arguments they've brought up, which I'm also jotting down questions for them.

I get what you mean but it does get extremely tiresome trying to have a discussion with some only to be branded a shill/troll/disinformation agent and accused of loving and believing the goverment just for asking a simple question that they haven't thought to ask and then being told to wake up and educate yourself when the person concerned hasn't bothered to learn the slightest thing about contrails or clouds.

Look forward to your questions though. Makes a refreshing change.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienBuddha

I'll be around sir...you can count on that.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I agree; it is annoying to have that happen to you. But if that happens that's when you yourself just move on instead of tirelessly bashing the person. It really doesn't reflect well on someone when they do that, especially when the person they are doing it to keeps trying to bow out of the conversation. It makes them look like arrogant internet bullies.

Look forward to your questions though. Makes a refreshing change.

Thanks. Be patient with me because it may take some time.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join