It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a veteran and I am pissed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Lemme see if I got this right:

You signed a contract agreeing to sacrifice your body to a corrupt entity...then, you. wonder why said corrupt entity doesn't fulfill the obligation??

I tire of people in the service who constantly think the American people OWE them something. As if WE forced you into going to war and getting shot. I'm sorry, but clapping yourselves on the back and demanding respect will get you none.
All I hear from vets is how they "fight for our freedoms" and we should bend over backwards for whatever THEY want. Well, the real world doesn't work that way bud.

There has NEVER been a war that threatened ANY of the mainlands freedoms, and there never will be. That's a scam perpetuated by tptb much like Patriotism. The logistics involved trying to start a land war in the US couldn't be realized if every nation on Earth banded together and tried.

There's also a basic fallacy in all arguments forwarded by vets. They always word vomit crap like,"I took an oath to defend the country from invaders...both foreign and domestic!" While that all sounds good and makes people feel all warm and fuzzy...I have never seen you vets actually abide by that statement considering we have been invaded by our own government for the better part of two decades now.

When I start seeing ACTION by vets, I will join your cause, but as far as I can tell...you all pay lip service and then complain that noone cares. We care, but being vets, you should be leading the charge, not blaming US when things don't go your way. Its called quid pro quo buddy.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

imasheep

There's also a basic fallacy in all arguments forwarded by vets. They always word vomit crap like,"I took an oath to defend the country from invaders...both foreign and domestic!" While that all sounds good and makes people feel all warm and fuzzy...I have never seen you vets actually abide by that statement considering we have been invaded by our own government for the better part of two decades now.

When I start seeing ACTION by vets, I will join your cause, but as far as I can tell...you all pay lip service and then complain that noone cares. We care, but being vets, you should be leading the charge, not blaming US when things don't go your way. Its called quid pro quo buddy.

Quid pro Quo - "This for That"

We've done the THIS part of the agreement, Now it is time for you to pay the THAT portion.

You make alot of noise about joining the cause, AFTER your betters start fighting. Well, we are, where are you?

Snip
edit on 15/10/13 by JAK because: Personal comments removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 16) Behaviour and remember to go after the ball, not the player.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by groundplant

Lets start with that quid pro quo thing:

Someone signs up for the Army. We the people pay for their training and pay them while they shoot innocent women and children with drones. Hell, they even kill American citizens with Apaches and drones...no trial, no jury.

Unfortunately, the armed forces don't get the luxury of saying "I was just following orders", they just indiscriminately KILL.

May I add that all ground forces in Iraq used depleted uranium rounds, outlawed by the Geneva Convention, and the UN. Millions of innocents now suffer from radiation poisoning.

The veterans had the DUTY to revolt or coup when that Apache killed innocent reporters...they didn't.

The veterans shoulda revolted the second their commander told them to lock and load those Uranium rounds. They didn't.

The veterans shoulda revolted the second that drone killed an American citizen and his 16 year old CHILD without a trial. They didn't.

Those are facts. Now, when the American public pays them for doing these atrocities, WE are now aiders and abetters. That surely doesn't sound like a real quid pro quo, does it sir?

Quid pro quo would be WE pay your salary for the proffession YOU chose, and you don't kill innocents or American citizens. Its the vets that didn't hold up to their end of the bargain.

After they didn't hold up their end, they claim to have some oath to defend the Constitution, but don't follow through on that either because as far as I can tell, I see NO vets marching all locked and loaded on the Capitol. I don't see them forming militias. In fact, all I do see is them whining via threads online about how their benefits are cut off. And they STILL don't march or protect us from the domestic enemy that is the US Government.

To me, they sound no different than the Obamaphone lady. All talk and ZERO action. So I reiterate: When the vets quit paying lip service to these oaths they hold so dear, I will follow them. Until then, they can take a short walk off a long pier....

No tell me sir, who is the real jackass?

edit on 12-10-2013 by imasheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yours pissed??? I got shot in my left arm last week and casevaced back to England.. I had nothing but my blood stained combats to wear and ended up having to walk around Dudley in the West Midlands, spaced out on pain killers and antibiotics buying new clothes.. I got some funny looks from people!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

imasheep
reply to post by groundplant

Lets start with that quid pro quo thing:

Someone signs up for the Army. We the people pay for their training and pay them while they shoot innocent women and children with drones. Hell, they even kill American citizens with Apaches and drones...no trial, no jury.

Unfortunately, the armed forces don't get the luxury of saying "I was just following orders", they just indiscriminately KILL.

May I add that all ground forces in Iraq used depleted uranium rounds, outlawed by the Geneva Convention, and the UN. Millions of innocents now suffer from radiation poisoning.

Louise Arbour, chief prosecutor for the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia led a committee of staff lawyers to investigate possible treaty prohibitions against the use of DU in weapons. Their findings were that:[42]

There is no specific treaty ban on the use of DU projectiles. There is a developing scientific debate and concern expressed regarding the impact of the use of such projectiles and it is possible that, in future, there will be a consensus view in international legal circles that use of such projectiles violate general principles of the law applicable to use of weapons in armed conflict. No such consensus exists at present.[43]

The veterans had the DUTY to revolt or coup when that Apache killed innocent reporters...they didn't.

The veterans shoulda revolted the second their commander told them to lock and load those Uranium rounds. They didn't.

See Above and... innocent or not, they were intermixed if not out right aiding insurgent troops during an active firefight. Tough #...

The veterans shoulda revolted the second that drone killed an American citizen and his 16 year old CHILD without a trial. They didn't.

You mean the fella in yemen, who openly acknowledged his active membership and participation in a group at war with the US?

Those are facts. Now, when the American public pays them for doing these atrocities, WE are now aiders and abetters. That surely doesn't sound like a real quid pro quo, does it sir?

Quid pro quo would be WE pay your salary for the proffession YOU chose, and you don't kill innocents or American citizens. Its the vets that didn't hold up to their end of the bargain.

After they didn't hold up their end, they claim to have some oath to defend the Constitution, but don't follow through on that either because as far as I can tell, I see NO vets marching all locked and loaded on the Capitol. I don't see them forming militias. In fact, all I do see is them whining via threads online about how their benefits are cut off. And they STILL don't march or protect us from the domestic enemy that is the US Government.

To me, they sound no different than the Obamaphone lady. All talk and ZERO action. So I reiterate: When the vets quit paying lip service to these oaths they hold so dear, I will follow them. Until then, they can take a short walk off a long pier....

No tell me sir, who is the real jackass?

edit on 12-10-2013 by imasheep because: (no reason given)

Snip
edit on 15/10/13 by JAK because: Personal comments removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 16) Behaviour and remember to go after the ball, not the player.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Yes, a lot are very angry over this, and the treatment of the WWII veterans as well, and the repeal of death benefits, and on and on and on. You don't stand alone!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I'm not a veteran or even an American, but I feel your pain and anger. It's understandable you should feel this way. You made a sacrifice and should be compensated, thanked and respected.

I'm sure there are many others in your position who feel the same and you're right they better watch out. Isn't it ironic how it is, they trained you?

Best of luck

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by imasheep

I see your point on defending their citizens, how they should gear up and protect you. Perhaps they will in time. It's gonna have to take some trained soldiers to pull that off.
I'm usually not one for supporting troops because they do indeed kill innocent people. They've been brainwashed. As soon as they join up they watch videos and listen to lectures who who the perceived enemy is they are fighting, until they build moral. Groomed and disciplined for the job. They do this ignorantly, not to put them down, but they really go into this unaware of all it entails.

However they also go into it with the deal they will be compensated should they be injured. They absolutely deserve this!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
As mentioned in another post to imasheep, "Why paint all vets with such a broad brush"? What about the old timers that were drafted and injured or maimed? What about soldiers that get hurt at a home base...no help for them?...yet workmans comp is ok for civilians? Social Security benefits are ok for folks lieing about back injuries and illegals get "free stuff"...where is all the venom relevant to that imasheep?

And the National Guard...joined because they were to defend their OWN country and then when TSHTF they got sent over seas. They had jobs and the weekend warrior stuff was supposed to be supplemental for their families. Then there are the big campaigns in schools were poor or idealistic or impressionable kids are herded into gyms to hear good looking recruiters blather on about benefits and education opportunities and how they can pick their own MOS. Most times the MOS promise dissappears and they get sent over.

Not all military are stone cold killers nor do they want to be...when ones life is at stake, that decides a lot.

I hate war and the weapons and the killing. The DU harms the kids overseas as well as kids born to soldiers...think they aren't suffering too? The issue is not so easy and clear and black and white.

Perhaps Vets will stand up for the rights of all yet...we don't know. Don't forget, the reason many of them are on disability is because they may be the very older ones who were drafted....what they gonna do from their walkers/wheelchairs? Even many of the younger ones are horribly maimed. That is why they are being paid disability. The day may yet come that the bad off ones and more able bodied ones will do more...who knows.
Many are in danger of loosing all checks, and also their homes, cars, possessions, benefits. It will be horrible and do any of you wish for their families to suffer.

It is a sad state of affairs for all concerned...but to hate them and not want to help is cruel. We help folks from so many other walks of life....even convicted felons get help when out....illegals get help. So many get help and not vets? Mentally ill get help.

The DU used in wars is wrong...yet no venom toward frackers that use it here? Killing babies is wrong...yet we get vaccines that contain aborted fetal cells. So the venom then is selective? Be careful not to become the thing you hate. Hate poisons and destroys just like wars do. I understand the OP and others relevant to the vets plight to an extent. Hubby is 100% disabled vet. The shutdown/debt dealy keeps up, we loose everything, me and the mister. I "get" some of what imasheep means relevant to the horrors of war...yet, there is a thin gray line where nothing can be absolute and that is the way of it all. Sad state of affairs for this ole world....war and the consequences.
edit on 15-10-2013 by shrevegal because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Just a reminder that Courtesy Is Mandatory and a request that attention remains focused on any point made or argument offered rather than any member.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join