It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a veteran and I am pissed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rockn82

yet an IMMIGRANT rally has been approved?

In California, there is something called CAPI. it is for ILLEGALS who don't qualify for federal aid, and we know how wide a net the fed casts.. They get WELFARE!!..

When immigrants are given more tribute than VETERANS?

WHy are so many choosing suicide? I cant believe it. Why not....____, and then _______?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It is in vain to extenuate the matter. The people have begged, “Please! Please! Provide us peace from your tax men, less regulation on individuals struggling for the simplest of success, more self privacy, freedom from brutal and unjust law enforcement!”; but there is no peace, privacy, or chance at uninhibited individual success. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the District of Columbia, our nation’s capital city, will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and unending dependency? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

GenerationGap
It is in vain to extenuate the matter. The people have begged, “Please! Please! Provide us peace from your tax men, less regulation on individuals struggling for the simplest of success, more self privacy, freedom from brutal and unjust law enforcement!”; but there is no peace, privacy, or chance at uninhibited individual success. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the District of Columbia, our nation’s capital city, will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and unending dependency? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

the part MOST KEY today.

unending dependency

The WHOLE NATION has BEEN ------> MADE dependent.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The problem is organization, everyone is tired of how things are run. Here we are 5 days from the debt ceiling and everyone still wants to argue over whose wrong and whose right. The people need to get organized and speak up, peacefully if they will allow it. They can stop a million men but that cant stop 10 million voices.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Luuke123

speak up? from where?

Authorized Permitted Protests... with FREE SPEECH --->ZONES..

AND ARMED REDCOATS!!

yeah.. peaceful will work..

FACEPALM TIL UNCONSCIOUS!!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

So are they going to cut welfare? What about foodstamps? AFDC?
I don't understand the mentality of the people in this country. We give and give and give to people who do not want to better themselves. They get free education, free food, free money, free housing. Except none of it is free, all I have to do is look at one of my paychecks and it is very clear how these peoples lives are funded. But to take benefits from contributing members of society, people who offered the greatest sacrifice...it sickens me.

I know that it is little consolation, but thank you for your service to our country.
edit on 8-10-2013 by newsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
They won't cut welfare or food stamps because the people getting these are the citizens of this administration. An administration who gives to those who are takers to keep them on its side. We...the non-takers, the people, are nothing to them because we can not be bought. Instead...they take from us and give to their loyal citizens...those whose vote is for sale for an Obama Phone, ObamaCare, Obama Immigration.

So...now is it time for REVOLUTION? Now is it time to admit you voted wrong, suck it up and fight back?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I should word it better, until they wont let us. A 10 million man march on D.C. to end this madness. I wish I could just stay in my home an wait it out but it is only so long before they come beating down our doors, if that happens its 10 to 1 with odds on their side, but if everyone was together we would be strong, they would have no choice but to back down, preferably non-violently. But if they open fire first, boom, 10 million or more to defend themselves.

I don't want war but they are pressuring everyone into it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I dont have time to respond to everyone who posted, but I wanted to say thank you for the support and kind words. Was not sure what type of reception this post was going to get.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

newsoul
reply to post by lcbjr1979

So are they going to cut welfare? What about foodstamps? AFDC?
I don't understand the mentality of the people in this country. We give and give and give to people who do not want to better themselves. They get free education, free food, free money, free housing. Except none of it is free, all I have to do is look at one of my paychecks and it is very clear how these peoples lives are funded. But to take benefits from contributing members of society, people who offered the greatest sacrifice...it sickens me.

I know that it is little consolation, but thank you for your service to our country.
edit on 8-10-2013 by newsoul because: (no reason given)

"these people".. whom exactly?

Do you know there are veterans on FOOD STAMPS?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Luuke123
reply to post by HanzHenry

I should word it better, until they wont let us. A 10 million man march on D.C. to end this madness. I wish I could just stay in my home an wait it out but it is only so long before they come beating down our doors, if that happens its 10 to 1 with odds on their side, but if everyone was together we would be strong, they would have no choice but to back down, preferably non-violently. But if they open fire first, boom, 10 million or more to defend themselves.

I don't want war but they are pressuring everyone into it.

that is the problem. every "patriot" has been planning a last stand defense.. "when they come for me, Im gonna ___"

but my paradigm shift is "why, what is left? maybe back in the 80's when there was wealth and 100 million less third worlders"

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Please...dont fall for the phony left/ right crap. Republicans could care less whether Vets get their benefits....same with the Democrats. This whole shutdown is all about political posturing. Each is seeking to blame the other. They are bringing your country to the brink of defaulting on their loans...one is just as guilty as the other.

Break free from the two party sham.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Im right there with you man. Recently got awarded 70% Disability for Mental health related reasons. I said # the medicine about a year ago, after i was hospitalized inpatient for a week, but just about a month ago i realized i do need it, and have been taking it with awesome results. They'd better think long and hard before they start #ing over all of us who really need what has been promised to us. If i had to pay for my med's, Im not sure i would be inclined too.. And then id be right back where i was.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
1985-1995 went mustang from private to 2nd.Lt Armor.
I was one of the semi dangerous ones that could actully read a map.
I've never actully applied for my benefits other than my G.I. Bill.
I may have to now, if even possible, just to avoid Obama care.

Vets have been getting screwed since the Roman Legions.
After the American revolution the congress didn't have enough money to pay the vets. So they gave them land grants in the wilderness sight unseen. They failed to mention that other people called Indians were already living there.
And I guess everyone forgot about the Bonus March in the 1920's where WW1 vets were screwed out of what they were owed.
The list goes on. I now pretty much expect vets to get screwed over by everyone.

But closing the memorials to the WWII vets was just friggen uncalled for and spiteful.
These guys don't have many years left. They gave more service in 4 years of war than the President and all of congress have combined.

The last time someone pissed off veterans the result was the Battle of Athens Tennessee in 1946. I very much do not want to see a repeat of that on a larger scale.

A WWII German soldier on the Eastern front summed it up best.
"War is just poor people killing other poor people for a bunch of rich people"

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I was kind of happy to hear the shutdown was going to happen. What it comes down to is, some people want to stop a lot of B.S. from passing....not to mention, much of our government is not needed, costing us a fortune and chipping away of our rights. What I have found is they are closing only areas of the government that will cause problems for the citizens of America and not incoveinence themselves. Putting guards in places where there use to be none? That is just wasted money where there obviously none available for such things in the first place.
Just another sneaky, crafty plan from our nazi president. F.U. Obama, we will win in the end. Hopefully slowly but surely as your true ambitions are realized by more and more of the American people that once wore blind, we will get your Muslim butt out of office.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mash3d

Battle of Athens was awesome, in elementary school in Knox Co., we learned about it, along with how the "me" generation was selling us all out to foreigners. (then it was Japan, now everyone) And there were forces at work to destroy America before others motivated to revolt. The history books will read how "bucking the system" never works out.

Also the redneck standing up for the miners was pretty awesome.

Back then the REDCOATS (revenuers) didn't always make it home.
edit on 9-10-2013 by HanzHenry because: spelling

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I never really got the term "free speech zone". What kind of hors#it is that?

So now freedom of speech is not permitted in certain places? WTF???!!!

Wow, we are treated like little b!tches.

"HEY YOU, THE ONE VOICING YOUR OPINION THAT IS YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!"

"Yeah?"

"GET IN THE CORNER YOU LITTLE B!TCH!!"

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Kind of crazy! Iraq army veteran here! I was just called by the veteran rep at the college I am attending and they are telling me that my gi bill and housing allowance from the gi bill will be cut next month. Lots of vets are going to be mad because lots of us are going to end up on the street. I dont have any words to express my anger about this!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1
I never really got the term "free speech zone". What kind of hors#it is that?

So now freedom of speech is not permitted in certain places? WTF???!!!

Wow, we are treated like little b!tches.

"HEY YOU, THE ONE VOICING YOUR OPINION THAT IS YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!"

"Yeah?"

"GET IN THE CORNER YOU LITTLE B!TCH!!"

what kind of lifeform would enforce a free SPEECH zone?

IMHO, the neighborhood should confront every redcoat that does when they get home "wtf dude, we are neighbors, this neighborhood is PRO-America, either find a new job or move."

ANd then tp his house nightly

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I feel you`re pain. My situation really isn`t that different. I just don`t feel like ranting about all the details of it, but I`m just gonna say, ya I know what you`re going threw. What I`ve realized only over the last couple years (and i`m almost 39) is that any organization that works with or for the tptb are to be avoided at all cost. They`re job is to ruine the lives of you and everyone else. I`m not saying every single person is bad within there ranks. But what I`m saying is the system is all corrupt. The people that end working for them either become corrupt or used and abused and thrown out. I can see why they`re such a growing movement to not want to have anything to do with the system. Like I know myself I don`t want anything anymore. I don`t want an: address, a phone number, a job, a name, a SSN, bank account, credit, or anything that tptb can use to classify me. They use all these things as tools to try and do harm to you. If I didn`t have anything holding me back I`d likely just go out and become a hermit. I`d either live out of a van as a freegan, or find a nice beach somewhere and live by it, doing beachcombing and fishing to eat. Unless I moved out of Canada that seems like the only good option. Anything else and you`re forced to deal with total and complete psychopaths. Like I refuse to participate with the system anymore. I`ve come to realize it`s total and complete BS. There`s nothing good about it what so ever. But that`s generally how it works anyway. Think of yourself like an orange growing on the tree, you grow up, and when you`re ripe they pick you, squeeze the juice out of you and then blame you for not having more juice to give. Had we known back in grade school that this is how the western systems worked we would have never participated in any way. I know I would have opted to live mostly off the grid. Like what a fracked up pervered and ruined system.

Also why are my apostrophies looking like this ` ie: don`t How do I change them back to normalÉ oh my question my question mark doesn`t work now either
edit on 11-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join