It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a veteran and I am pissed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So I wake up this morning and unlike other mornings, I do not need coffee to get my blood pumping. Instead I find that the Veterans Administration will be closing regional offices today thanks to our wonderful, great, all knowing, sympathetic government. 16 years ago I decided to sign my name on the dotted line. This signature was my promise that I would defend this country from all enemies foriegn and DOMESTIC. This signature was my promise that if the need arises I would give my life for this country.

I am a disabled vet. I am going back to school with VA education benefits. These benefits, that I have earned, by sacrificing my body should never be used as pawns in a game by the government we swore to protect. What the hell do they think is going to happen if they screw with us veterans? Do they really think that this group, the group of people who have faced down the most evil of evil in the world, wont for one second turn their power on them? Do they really want to go to war with us? I got news for these useless pieces of sh#t in DC. You want a war? You want to screw with us? Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it.

I should just stay off the net. Now I was just on Facebook and saw an ad by the VA saying to apply for benefits. How the hell do they have the balls to ask people to apply when they have hundreds of thousands of benefit claims back logged. Maybe instead of spending the money and time to make a Facebook ad these jack offs could pick up one of these applications and get it to someone who can work on it.

Not til today was I ever worried about the VA and the benefits that came with it. Now I am highly conisdering going to the bank and getting my money out while I can. I have enough in there to support myself for about 3-4 months. God I am so furious right now I feel like I could start the North Dakota branch of the American Revolution 2.

Any other veterans on here as pissed as me?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I share your anger and don't have to be a Vet to be pissed at the NOT so subtle message here that you're less than essential to care for.

At the same time... Hmm.... I'd consider carefully what's happening here for how it could also be intended to bring the more reactionary vets to the surface for closer scrutiny and notice. As you say, what do they expect by screwing with Vets like this? Well, they may expect to catch some patriotic vets really sick of things... I wouldn't put that ulterior motive past them.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

What you say is extremely valid and I applaud your efforts to protect your country from all adversity.

I'm not a Vet but this stuff stinks to high hell.

Yep grab what you can while you can and turn it very quickly into something you can use , because the dollar may not hold it's value for much longer.

You are not alone , there are many others that feel the same as you do , even those from other nations about what is happening to the citizens of the U.S.

You may not even have those United States for much longer and when that goes so do all those restraining laws founded in the Constitution.

edit on 8-10-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
well we don't want UN troops or chinese troops or russian troops on our soil because our military went "rogue". if anything they are daring people to revolt. they'd turn this country into swiss cheese.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Unfortunately they already are on your soil and not bound by the Constitution either.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Pinkorchid
reply to post by undo

Unfortunately they already are on your soil and not bound by the Constitution either.

the point i was making is, we don't want them fighting our military on our own soil. the country would be riddled with bad. like hurricane katrina would seem like a good day.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I am not a veteran. I am the wife of a Viet Nam vet and also my brothers. But I remember all the promises made over the draft. And remember how they started defunding their promises one by one. I remember when most of the homeless population in the 70's was veterans. I am sorry. I don't know how to make Washington take notice. My generation rioted. But it did no good. Here we are, still in two wars. Twelve years yesterday, I think. Year 13 beginning.

They say we are out of money. Yet, two wars are still continuing. EVERYTHING in our world is about money. Now, I ask you younger generation, WHO is going to pay for these wars and the veteran needs for the next 60 years? The ones who get the tax breaks, the ones who got rich off the war, the lawmakers in Washington, CEO's wall street? Who does that leave to carry the burden of trillions and still counting?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The Veteran's Administration is closing regional offices? What does that mean, hospitals or what? My dad works as a doctor over in a V.A. hospital in Washington and he said their I.T. staff got furloughed, are you saying their medical facilities are shutting down?

Okay, update: I found two .pdf files.

Amazing they are online. The first one is a field guide to the current shutdown.

Veteran's Administration Field Guide

The second link is about some kind of contingency plan.

VA Contingency Plan

The contingency plan is fresh off the press October 7, 2013.
edit on 8-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

As a veteran, and also an individual who was once employed by the VAMC, I do share your feelings. An illusion is in place, that our government cares about its people. The sad fact is they could give a rat's ass about America.

Fight for your VA benefits, you'll get them. Keep in mind that beyond these benefits, there's not much that the government is going to do to help. So prepare yourself, and become self-reliant. Brainstorm like an ardent entrepreneur, bend the rules, even in the worst of times there are countless opportunities for those willing to think outside the cage.

Good luck, brother.

edit on 8-10-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The republicans tried to pass a funding bill to keep the VA funded until the shutdown is over but the democrats said HELL NO and voted against the bill, killing it.
Democrats obviously feel that fulfilling the promises and obligations made to the vets, by the government, is not an essential service.
Instead of trying to ease the effects of the shutdown the democrats have voted to intentionally make it worse.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
We are a throw away society. Who would have ever thought that would extend to humans. Especially those who put everything on the line, believing they were defending their country, and it would be appreciated. Well, it is appreciated by most of us.
But as far as our fearless leaders are concerned, guys like you are a throw away. You've been used up, and to them, you no longer have any value. If anything, you are a threat, and a burden.

A threat because of what you know how to do. And a burden, because they don't think there's a return on their investment, when they spend money on you at this point.

I'm not sure why we Americans find it so hard to get it through our thick heads that these people only want one thing from us. To live a life of luxury, excess, and ease, off the blood, sweat, and tears of the people they're supposed to be serving.

Don't let these people back you off. You stay after them until you get what is yours. What you risked your life for.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Its apparently not enough to arrest vets at the memorial's now they are taking access to healthcare.......unbelievable.......noooo maybe its not so hard to believe anymore.

If we take nothing else from this shutdown we are seeing what a truly hate filed administration we have in office..

P,S. lcbjr, heed what Wrabbit said.....FYI...also if you vent your anger to the VA it will go into your med records and you will be red flagged for anger management......had a friend who found this out the hard way.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I'm not sure what just happen, I just flagged you and your flags went from 12 to 11. The star worked OK.

You might want to ask a mod.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Not a vet. I agree one hundred with you. You stepped up, and they let you down. I have always known the gov. couldnt give two sh!ts about us, vet or not.

We are dollar signs, work horses and unfortunately, we all are being treated like whores. We work for our money just to have it taken away in the end.

There was a time where governments feard its people, now they are so out of control we cant stop them. We cant protest without them sending in shock troops to break it up and arrest us.

This is just a sad and unacceptable fact of what our government thinks of us. We just sit back and take it with no lube, because we are all scared.

Immagine though, if there were millions of us. All standing around the WH. Demanding justice. Things would change quick. But alas, we will never. Too many people are too busy argueing about gay marrige, the new iphone, and american idol.

Why they sit there and watch "ow my balls" the gov. is busy caging us in slowly.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
We're not citizens anymore, we're 'consumers'. It's not a government, it's a wholly owned subsidiary of Monsanto, Exxon, Halliburton and General Electric; just imagine your 'representatives' wearing suits covered with badges like a NASCAR driver and you'll get the idea. Why else would they want a job that costs more to get then it pays? Because they're corrupt, that's why.

I appreciate the fact that you were deluded by patriotism and conned by the promise of benefits when you joined the military, but it's time for Act II; the part where you defend your country against ALL enemies... the domestic kind is now the enemy.

It really does feel that it's Game On now, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Not a veteran.

We don't have to rely upon ire and force. The psychopaths (rely upon emotions and forced policies) are losing their stranglehold, just sit back and let them fail on their own merit.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Actually you haven't faced the most evil of evil in the world, UNTIL you've face domestic threats. Meaning, the US government is the most evil evil in the world and you're powerless to stop them. You have no power to turn on them, you signed your name on the dotted line and became even more of a pawn to them.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Man, I am in the exact same position (14 years). Right down to seeing that effing add on FaceBook. I truly cannot believe that these fools are still drawing a normal salary while everybody else is make to tighten their belt. I have enough to last me until next semester but I may not make it through the spring semester. I was to graduate in spring with two, two-year degrees (in three years). I couldn't get college done after ETS because, well, kids change things. After a while in Korea and a year in Bosnia I became disabled.

I have a job lined up after I graduate in web development but it's contingent upon graduation. And these people living well beyond their means in DC is creating a fuzzy future for me and my children. If they are going to cut funds they should do it to the bs programs, not the ones that affect people who have paid their dues.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Hey brother,

I just recently had my claim approved...was happy to get my back pay in and ones month pay. I was highly lucky at the amount I got and am considering leaving my job to pursue a stressless life. I have always been a bit nervous with this government shut down but not for the money...the medical needs I have. I take some serious medicine and since I just got approved im still trying to sort all my meds out. Im ok financially where I know ill just end up getting back pay but if they close the medical facilities ill probably be done for. I can assure you if the medical facilities close I will personally pick you up and we can head over and be pricks lol.
edit on 8-10-2013 by cosmicexplorer because: I forgot an and.....and it was annoying me.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

93-02 service time. I am beyond PISSED.. just saw a video of Vietnam veterans being arrested for being at a memorial peacefully. What is most shocking, all those buddies of some of you.. the REDCOATS... did what again?

Acted as redcoats!

And the Vietnam veterans allowed themselves to be arrested!.. FFS..

OVER 20 veterans A DAY commit suicide!! And NONE have the fortitude?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join