It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership TPP: The Biggest Threat to the Internet You've Probably Never Heard O

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I'm not sure how many people on ATS are aware of this. but this screams of draconian laws to control the people even more by removing sovereign laws and appealing to international courts.

I am finding it hard to eloquently construct a coherent sequence of sentences to properly express the shock, fear, anger, frustration and helplessness that comes from knowing that we are all being herded into ever tightening pockets of control.

Daily I am assaulted with evidence that our freedom is being stripped away little by little, like the waves of the ocean lapping at the cliff to turn it to dust, so too our freedoms are being eroded to make way for a prison planet where only the elite have the freedom to roam.

Looks like that sellout moron we call a prime minister Tony Abbott is about to sign Australia into the TTP ruining all our collective lives in the process.

It covers a broad spectrum of issues from trade of dairy, meat, textiles and automobiles. From financial regulation to labor regulation. But the biggest area of concern for most is the chapter on "intellectual property" check out this short video it explains it well.

Also I know most of ATS are US and European membership but for the Aussie members here is the article detailing how we are going to get screwed and im sure all the other countries will suffer a similar fate.

Link to article

Also linked in the article is another video about the TPP

We need to get the word out on this.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
already a thread on this please add to the following thread.

the Trans-Pacific Partnership

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Sorry didnt see it and really there should be more threads on it.

I really couldnt care about stars but we need to get this issue out to the world and the more chances there are of people seeing it the better.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Yes I agree even if this thread is closed by moderator.
You're thread will still be here and a link will be here to the already thread.
Double threads are probably good as they probably do make it easier for people to search for the topic when researching.

I have wrote to a local politician and got no answer on it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
There are several threads on the TPP but people need to wake up about this subject. A couple atomic bombs would have less impact than this piece of globalist power-grabbing will.

Bottom line to TPP is that corporations will replace government rule in signatory nations. Once passed there will be no appeals, no due process, no method of representation for the people. We will become like a giant ant farm .
edit on 8-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

amraks

Yes I agree even if this thread is closed by moderator.
You're thread will still be here and a link will be here to the already thread.
Double threads are probably good as they probably do make it easier for people to search for the topic when researching.

I have wrote to a local politician and got no answer on it.

Dont expect the politicians to provide any answers. They are the scum implementing this draconian law.

Look alive friends change is in the air but change isnt always good for us all.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
There are several threads on the TPP but people need to wake up about this subject. A couple atomic bombs would have less impact than this piece of globalist power-grabbing will.

Bottom line to TPP is that corporations will replace government rule in signatory nations. Once passed there will be no appeals, no due process, no method of representation for the people. We will become like a giant ant farm .
edit on 8-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

Mate you said it in a nutshell,

This scares me more than GMO more than all the other crap on here that people push because with this single agreement they can roll all the other crap out legally world wide.

BELIEVE this...this is the beginning of the end..

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Being ATS, topics such as this should be embedded on the front page and live page.

Truly a global conspiracy for control of the masses.

I'm with you - words escape me.......except about Abbott, but those words would breach ATS T&C's

reply to post by Asktheanimals

people need to wake up about this subject. A couple atomic bombs would have less impact than this piece of globalist power-grabbing will.

There will be no appeals, no due process, no method of representation for the people.

Agreed, this thread needs to be flagged to get a spot on the live page.

Those words paint a frightening picture.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Sublimecraft

Being ATS, topics such as this should be embedded on the front page and live page.

Truly a global conspiracy for control of the masses.

I'm with you - words escape me.......except about Abbott, but those words would breach ATS T&C's

reply to post by Asktheanimals

people need to wake up about this subject. A couple atomic bombs would have less impact than this piece of globalist power-grabbing will.

There will be no appeals, no due process, no method of representation for the people.

Agreed, this thread needs to be flagged to get a spot on the live page.

Those words paint a frightening picture.

The problem you see is that ats likes to make mountains out of mole hills. As a result truly important topics like this get buried and go unnoticed. Which plays nicely into the people who want to keep this a secret

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
From another thread

speculativeoptimist
Was going to do a thread but the ole search function brought me here. I just ran across this for the first time and was rattled by it's scope and lack of reporting. I will post some additional info on the issue.

It is the Trans Pacific Partnership trade pact, only the TPP isn’t just a trade agreement. It slays safety regulations and labor protections, curtails communication freedoms, and re-writes domestic laws of the participating countries. It’s been called a mass assault on democracy and the biggest, most sinister corporate power grab yet.

Yet most of us are unaware of this issue.

Just this month (Sept.), the President pressured Congress to grant him extra-constitutional authority, known as “Fast Track,” to complete the TPP without congressional scrutiny.

“Fast Track” would have Congress voting up or down on the massive document without any power to discuss or amend any of it. This is an arcane procedure devised by Richard Nixon, according to Public Citizen’s Lori Wallach, “but that was when trade negotiations covered only real trade stuff.”

So I guess he granted this with success? Nixonesque eh? What could be wrong with that? How can conger people sign this without reading it? Are they restricted from reading it?

ANYTHING THAT INTERFERES WITH PROFITS WILL BE FORBIDDEN

TPP will vaporize any law that interferes with making money. You might want to label the country of origin of a food item, for instance. Some Canadian beef got mad cow? No matter. They won’t label it Canadian. That would cut into the exporter’s profits. GMO? That would be discrimination. You prefer not to have your medicine from a Chinese factory. You won’t be able to know. Food and medicine that would formerly be blocked for not meeting our standards will have a red carpet.

Obama originally wanted to exempt tobacco regulations. Keep the warning labels. That has mostly gone by the wayside. Nations can now argue about tobacco regulations that hamper sales.

Doctors Without Borders has heard of TPP. Its members are doing the best they can to protest the plan. It promises to keep patents on medicines longer, which would make it harder to provide affordable drugs for impoverished countries and peoples

How can this pass?!?! Man Chomosky's "profit before people" just rose to another level, and this definition of protecting profits will be spread so far and thin it will blind common sense and safety.

Here’s the analysis of Global Trade Watch:

“Under this proposal, Internet Service Providers could be required to “police” user activity (i.e.police YOU), take down Internet content, and cut people off from Internet access for common user-generated content. Violations could be as simple as the creation of a YouTube video with clips from other videos, even if for personal or educational purposes. Mandatory fines could be imposed for individuals’ noncommercial copies of copyrighted material. So downloading some music could be treated the same as large scale for profit copyright violations. Innovation would be stifled as the creation and sharing of user generated content would face new barriers and as monopoly copyrights would be extended. The TPP proposes to impose copyright protections for a minimum of 20 years for corporate-created content. Breaking digital locks for legit purposes, such as using Linux, could subject users to mandatory fines. Blind and deaf people also would be harmed by the overreach, as digital locks can block access to audio supported content and closed captioning.”

Good grief! Time to build some new prisons I guess, of the private type.

Grayson said,

“I can’t tell you what’s in the agreement because the U.S. Trade Representative calls it classified. But I can tell you two things about it:

1) There is no national security purpose in keeping this text secret.

2) This agreement hands the sovereignty of our country over to corporate interests.

3) What they can’t afford to tell the American public is that [the rest of this sentence is classified].

I will be fighting this agreement with everything I’ve got. And I know you’ll be there every step of the way. For now, I’ve set up an e-mail address where you can ask me questions on this topic or other topics: [email protected]

Wonder why he is the only outspoken official on this? Anyone care to email him, and/or invite him to the boards for a Q/A session?
disinfo.com...
edit on 8-10-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Its funny how some threads on ATS get the attention disproportionate to the global impact they have the potential to impact. I guess its all subjective to what people think is important which I suppose is why the world is in the state it is in. Nobody cares about whats really important.

go figure.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

TiM3LoRd

Its funny how some threads on ATS get the attention disproportionate to the global impact they have the potential to impact. I guess its all subjective to what people think is important which I suppose is why the world is in the state it is in. Nobody cares about whats really important.

go figure.

I have noticed its been quite here lately, not sure whats going on but this place is becoming a bit dead to what it used to be like.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

amraks

TiM3LoRd

go figure.

I have noticed its been quite here lately, not sure whats going on but this place is becoming a bit dead to what it used to be like.

The irony of this site is that it's size is it's savior but will ultimately be it's demise. It's the nature of things.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The Chinese literally live off of intellectual property theft─there's no way they'd agree to any SOPA-like statutes. ...and then you have the Ruskies.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

MisterMahound
The Chinese literally live off of intellectual property theft─there's no way they'd agree to any SOPA-like statutes. ...and then you have the Ruskies.

Maybe...then again maybe not.

I would say the majority of copyright infringements going on are done by small business and petty criminals.

As China moves closer to being one of the big dogs they will have to play by the big dog rules and that means doing what the bigger dogs say. And keep in mind China isnt 2 billion people its about 200k very rich people who want to get richer.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Wow thank you so much for posting this! I'm a fellow Aussie an had no idea Abbott had done that I really thought things weren't so bad now Gillard is gone I felt like Abbott might get things on track for us he doesn't seem to be strangely close to Obama like she was .. This is bad and it needs to be put out there although I bet half the people who view on places other than ATS take no notice or dismiss it because they trust the government and stuff it's so frustrating!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Shana91aus

Wow thank you so much for posting this! I'm a fellow Aussie an had no idea Abbott had done that I really thought things weren't so bad now Gillard is gone I felt like Abbott might get things on track for us he doesn't seem to be strangely close to Obama like she was .. This is bad and it needs to be put out there although I bet half the people who view on places other than ATS take no notice or dismiss it because they trust the government and stuff it's so frustrating!

We all make that mistake that the government actually gave a crap about us but the evidence doesnt seem to validate that theory.

there comes a moment in every bodies life when they realize the truth of reality.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It's true, I'd never heard of TPP before, and it really isn't even remotely acceptable. How much longer till the world is simply divided up amongst major corporations?

It really is sickening.

I'm going to share the video with whomever I can.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

TiM3LoRd
I would say the majority of copyright infringements going on are done by small business and petty criminals.

If that's all the White House were worried about, it wouldn't have declared China patriæ non grata with respect to the exchange of space exploration science.

top topics

join