It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does the POTUS stand on the recent events on Capitol Hill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I know that I really shouldn't ask this question on ATS. I have searched on the internet and here, but I haven't been able to find an answer. This is not an attempt to troll or bash the POTUS.

It seems that in the past he has responded fairly quickly to incidents that occurred in America that has elicited heavy media coverage, and a strong outcry from the American people. Yet I haven’t seen any response attributed to him, regarding the recent shooting of the woman in DC or the man that self-immolated on the National Mall.

I am not casting aspersions and I don’t want this to be an Obama fest. I trust the mods will quickly file 13 this thread if we can’t discuss in an adult, level-headed, civil manner, the lack of response from the office of the president; if not from the POTUS himself.

There is so much mystery surrounding both incidents and both seem to be sending such strong messages to Capitol Hill and to the American people, that I find it strange there has been no official stance.

Am I just lousy at using search engines? Is there nothing coming out of Capitol Hill about this; outside of the quick, impromptu, celebration, with backslapping and accolades being thrown around by the public officials present on the hill at the time?

To be perfectly honest; I don’t know what he can say. Nothing he can say is going to be accepted or believed; so maybe he just took the safest road, and decided to say nothing.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have no idea. I'm going to go with either your theory, or he is making contingency plans for hitting a default.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

He cant use the race card, knows he was somewhat a target, and is looking to find any way to use this for political gain. This wanna be dictator will leave no stone unturned to benefit from this no matter how hard his people has to work to find it. I put nothing past King Barry and his sheep.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

It is stranger still that the Al Sharptons and Jessie Jacksons haven't been grabbing the spotlight on this.

I have never seen the media prostitutes remain so quiet for so long.

Really looks suspicious, but what are they concealing?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I believe his spin machine broke down but it should be up and running fairly quickly.

Technicians are working around the clock to fix it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

teslahowitzer

He cant use the race card

The race card... that would be like spitting in the ocean, way not good enough for this situation.

@Tinkerpeach: The technicians are furloughed
edit on 7-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Okay. I just read something that is just down right scary.

If it is true, Obama is planning "not" to elevate the debt ceiling. Not that it matters; nothing from nothing leaves nothing. But if these incidents were staged or planned, then having us all engrossed in the horrible events and fighting among ourselves, gives them ample time to clean out the vault across town and get out of Dodge before the first responders show up.

If this is true folks, we may be hearing the sound of the clapper settling before it strikes the bell for the first time.

I know you don't have to told for whom the bell tolls.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

There is nothing to gain politically by the President voicing concern over the killing in DC...

Might be why he pulled the Clinton move of using the military to pull their missions in Somalia & Libya, to change the news cycle as the shutdown continues, and the early reports of the ACA rollout aren't that good..

It's all about political points, never about the folks... once you experience enough of this stuff, it's old hat...

Whenever I see these power plays going on, I just pull up this track..

you gotta keep us separated

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
What exactly should his position be? People with mental health problems left untreated doing crazy things. He could be out front saying the Obamacare gives a much bigger focus on making sure people who have mental problems get the help they could not afford before but, then he would get hit with using these deaths to score political points. Best thing for him to do is nothing in this case. Unless somethng comes out other then the people just being crazy.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

He had an opinion about Trayvon, even on the shooter at the Navy Yard (wasn't he confirmed, mentally ill?), why wouldn't he have an opinion on the death of both of these people?

I too think he is waiting this out. He is depending on the short memory span of the American people.

Or it is a diversion and he is hiding while something else is being played out.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Maybe because the Navy Yard is under his (far-fetched) control and supervision? Whatever happens in a mall doesn't rely to the president.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

...at least he took some of his precious time to butt himself into the Washington Redskins team name flap over the weekend. Speaking only for myself, I certainly appreciated hearing him stating that Major changes sometimes have to be made to things that have a vocal minority of people up in arms while then continuing to stomp his feet, bitching and whining like a petulant child over it being suggested that changes should be made to the unpopular Obamacare.

God freaking help us all when professional football has become the Trojan horse by which our political Pez dispensers finally run out of empty calorie filled chalky candies.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Maybe because the Navy Yard is under his (far-fetched) control and supervision? Whatever happens in a mall doesn't rely to the president.
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Oh, I forgot; he was the son he could have had.

Strange he could relate to Trayvon, but he has daughters, and he can't relate to a poor young woman that supposedly had mental issues.

I guess it is a guy thing.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Still no word from the oval office?

I guess those guys are making serious headway into fixing our problems.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I was waiting to see how long it was going to take for these two to fall from our memories. One thing they can depend on; our short memory spans.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Are we capable of making a stand against anything?

How seriously can we be taken, when the only thing required to break our will and stamina is a little time?

We are easily outraged, but it seems we are very lacking in conviction. We have become almost automated. They can control us with a flip of a switch. Americans are not only extremely predictable, we are highly expendable pawns, in a game were we have become just poker chips. We used to represent something of value, now we are just bits of plastic thrown into a pot, just to make their game more interesting.

new topics

top topics

join