Scientist says new research proves 'dogs are people too'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, well I don't eat poop, roll in dead things, or fetch tennis balls either.
But I'm sure some one will come up with an example to counter your claim very shortly.

I would love to put 2girls 1 cup here but i guess it would be frowned upon :p

as for the dogs having feelings thats nonsense... they are just meat with legs and a head...

no wait...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You clearly haven't been on the internet enough, or haven't met enough people if you say things like that. There is a fetish that involves feces and puke and.... well you can figure out the rest. People do it everywhere around the world, and they even have their own little "society" of puke and excrement lovers. It's all over the net. And about the ball thing.... Really? You don't know the game called "Tennis"? Or all the other ball games? Or you are just trolling...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Great thread,i loved that video

it reminds me of my youngest daughter and her best friend,as a toddler-an enormous pitchblack Great Dane,they were the best of friends,it was such a beautiful thing to see.I have photo's of them playing together,just sitting,staring off into the distance quietly contemplating,i have one pic of them both being caught messing up a small carpet-and in the pic they are both looking at me like naughty kids,there's pix of her caught eating dog-pellets with him-and once i walked out the kitchen door to find her drinking from his water-bowl! Those massive breeds always seem to leave a lot of slimy deposit on the water when they drink,my tummy churned in the worst way,but she was grinning.That was a real friendship,as real as she would have had with any human toddler,had there been any living in our street.They were the greatest of buddies,and inseperable.He has passed on years ago,but we still think of him every single day,and often talk of him and laugh at the funny things he did.
Dogs are beyond wonderful- i have often had this thought-imagine living on a planet where everyone had even half the good nature,good humour and enthusiasm for forgiveness,that dogs have?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
LOL *dies laughing*

I had no idea when I came into this thread to agree with the title, heck yeah dogs (and cats!) are people too, I would be entertained by jokes about dry humping, poop eating, and stone licking. I'm a high class kinda girl.

That may have been one of a handful of times Phage's posts didn't make me want to throw something at my monitor
Nice work dude.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Zanti Misfit

Good Luck trying to get my Cat into one of those things..

i297.photobucket.com...

Why do think they have C A T scans...everyone knows cats hate MRI machines.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

twfau

I see where the doctor is coming from in that I agree that the way society murders dogs is basically psychopathic, but still dogs clearly aren't people. There are a lot of other things that separate people from dogs regardless of there perhaps being a similarity in the forming of attachments. I'd like people to be a bit more sympathetic to dogs with behavioural issues but I'm not sure sensational soundbytes are the way to do it.

Going a step further, I encounter a lot more people id like to see euthanized during a typical day than dogs. Humans are pretty much my least favorite animal. So destructive and hateful and mostly useless.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Dogs drool, cats rule ! Just sayin' !

2nd line

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

When I got my dog as a puppy 12 years ago she was Just a tiny thing(rat terrier) my husband was around her maybe 4-5 days and left for training. I watch her when he came home 6months later to see if she would remember him and she did.
My son also left home to start his life and didn't come home for 5 years and the dog recognized him right away when he did, she didn't bark she went up to him wagging her half (stump)tail.

Dogs are so much smarter than people give credit for, That why I think it's criminal for anyone to abuse these precious family members.
I love my doggie!!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
To the comment about locking a dog and a person in a trunk and only one being happy to see you when you let them out...
Dogs TRUST that you, as their pack leader, are always acting in their best interest. They may not like it at the time, but they are very quick to forgive and forget.

That level of trust and love comes with great responsibility and far too few people understand that...or even care. Irresponsible dog owners piss me off. They truly are man's best friend. My bond with my dogs is greater than my bond with most all other people other than my family and a few close friends.

I would trust a stray dog on the street way before trusting a random person. And that is sad.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

JayinAR
To the comment about locking a dog and a person in a trunk and only one being happy to see you when you let them out...
Dogs TRUST that you, as their pack leader, are always acting in their best interest. They may not like it at the time, but they are very quick to forgive and forget.

That level of trust and love comes with great responsibility and far too few people understand that...or even care.

This is true.

I have done work with a pit rescue for a few years.....it is heartbreaking to see the way those dogs are treated. Often they are brought in psychologically ruined.

One, named Kane, was a mix pitty and Great Dane. He could fit a 5 gallon bucket in his mouth. He would spend hours throwing that thing around the yard, until he finally would throw it over the fence (a 10 footer was used to keep him in), or on the roof of the house.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Pits are one of my favorite breeds. Which is odd cuz I was mauled by one when I was five.

The owner trained her to fight...

Somehow though, pits are my second favorite breed behind the boxer.
A properly raised and socialized pit is a gentle giant. I have met many that were too good natured to even protect a home if a burglar WERE to enter.

I would think volunteering at a pit rescue would be rewarding work. I would like to do that myself. Kudos man.
edit on 8-10-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
People?!?!?

As in HUMANS????

Yea...

Maybe scentient beings but in my
reality not ppl or humans....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

If "dogs are people too", does this mean I get to pick up 5 new income tax deductions this year?

I'll bet Mit Romney is glad to hear this. Now he might even get a corporate deduction for his dogs. After all "corporations are people too!"

Come to think of it, there are some corps. that are real dogs too.
Just ask my broker.
edit on 8-10-2013 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
"Dogs are people, too"

Well. Well......

DOY!!

I'm a card-carrying member of the "I Like Dogs Better Than I Like People" org. (ILDBTILP). Also, ILCBTILP.

S/F for the thread, OP!!

I just had to bury one of my beloved cats - would have turned 19 on Christmas Day this year...

I have ALWAYS had multiple animals...dogs, cats, horses, birds....right now it's just dogs/cats and some fish (fish are quite relaxing)....

Also - yes, as someone said above, Trees Are People Too.
Bugs? Not so much. Rodents? Yup, though I prefer not to 'caregive' to them, because they bite, and poop and tinkle WHEREVER - and their teeth just keep growing. But they're fun to watch in the trees and meadows.

I've always wanted an elephant, though. High maintenance.

I read a quote the other day,

The only reason a great many American families don't own an elephant is that they have never been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy weekly payments.
-- Mad Magazine quotes

edit on 10/8/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

JayinAR

Pits are one of my favorite breeds. Which is odd cuz I was mauled by one when I was five.

The owner trained her to fight...

Somehow though, pits are my second favorite breed behind the boxer.
A properly raised and socialized pit is a gentle giant. I have met many that were too good natured to even protect a home if a burglar WERE to enter.

I would think volunteering at a pit rescue would be rewarding work. I would like to do that myself. Kudos man.
edit on 8-10-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

Well....my "volunteering" was designing the NFP Corporate logo and building the website. I also donated a few thousand towels, few hundred blankets, and a few hundred lbs of dog food.

The demand was so great, and her heart so big, she bit off more than she can chew (as it regards funding/space)....so they have some issues to work through.

The biggest shame: that there is such a demand in this sparsely populated area that she overran her ability to care for them to her own standards. And was harshly judged for this.

I suppose it is better for formerly trained fight dogs to be set free to run the county.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Thanks for your helpfulness for pits. My son had adopted one early last year, and because he had to move back home (out of a drug-infested neighborhood), we had to give her up. The breed is BANNED in my city, and in his dad's city....

she is one of the most loving, enthusiastic, happy dogs I've ever met. I took her to be spayed, vaccinated, etc. etc. and boarded her for 3 weeks (cost a BUNCH to do that!!) because all the shelters were either "full" or "don't take pits". Now she's in the hands of a no-kill shelter (our city is a no-kill city), and I'm sure they'll match her up with a suitable "forever home."

Makes me SICK what people did to these poor dogs. Michael Vick should have been shot out behind the barn. A-hole.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Our shelter is a "no kill" shelter. But the rates of parvo and distemper makes the animals there virtually unadoptable for someone who already has pets. Plenty die...no need to kill them.

When my Sasha barged in my house and declared it her own, we were unsure. Roscoe was paralyzed on his hind quarters, and was quite a bit of work for us. We were not wanting to take on another dog yet. When we called the shelter, they told us, "Bring her out here....its a death sentence." Horrified, we made room in our house for her. Best decision I have made in awhile.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

When we called the shelter, they told us, "Bring her out here....its a death sentence." Horrified, we made room in our house for her. Best decision I have made in awhile.

Yeah, it's sickening here in some areas - they will seize and destroy any pit-type, arrest and fine the 'owner' and give them jail time!!

Some people were under the impression that in ALL OF OUR STATE they are banned - but that is not the case. MOST of the surrounding areas accept them. It's just finding the right owner - who is NOT a M. Vick type, and who has experience with dogs - can be tricky. Dogs like that are highly victimized, frequently stolen, and misunderstood.

It's folly to try to find a home without careful screening. It was a nightmare trying to sort it out - but she's safe and sound now, and thank GOD for no-kill networks.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I haven't dry humped any visitors to my house lately....lately.

That's probably why people stopped visiting my house.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I would just ask the cops to kindly prove that the dog is a pit. Pits are often misidentified. There are lots of breeds that can pass for a pit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join