It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist says new research proves 'dogs are people too'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by winofiend

As has been sufficiently demonstrated, I was in error.
Dogs are indeed people...or vice versa...not sure.

I haven't dry humped any visitors to my house lately....lately. So I am still not completely sure if it works the other way.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, well I don't eat poop, roll in dead things, or fetch tennis balls either.
But I'm sure some one will come up with an example to counter your claim very shortly.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Phage

Yeah, well I don't eat poop,

Now that we have that cleared up.....

ETA: that has GOT to be the greatest Phage quote in all of your posts.
edit on 8-10-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

ETA: that has GOT to be the greatest Phage quote in all of your posts.

Thanks for the compliment....I think.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You need more LOVE in your Life! Such negativity-smile

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

I have a golden retriever.
Tucker is my bud.

edit on 10/8/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Phage

Yeah, well I don't eat poop, roll in dead things, or fetch tennis balls either.
But I'm sure some one will come up with an example to counter your claim very shortly.

Well I hope it's comfortable up there on your high horse riding double with the guy that never dry humps visitors.

I can't believe people like you two. Getting on the internet and lying. I don't even think that's legal.

Excuse my Border Collie, he messes up their there and they're on occasion.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
And that test officially makes humans not animals?

edit on 8-10-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I think any balanced person that has ever had a pet knows animals have feelings too. What I would be more interested in is the study of lower lifeforms like insects. I know we have a certain criteria for what kind of nervous system? a creature has before it can feel pain. How much do really know.
I'm not some hipster dude or spiritual karma guy, just a backwoods southern guy. I'm finding it harder and harder to justify slaughtering insects even ones that invade my home I try to catch them and realease them unharmed if at all possible.
Bugs that attack me get destroyed. I would have no problem eradicating mosquitoes and other parasites into extinction.

I hate drifting into the supernatural here but what if there is some cosmic karma and all life matters, or does no life matter and it really is just survival of the fittest and its all relative to what life we the current apex of evolution in the known universe deem worthy.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Finally! Science has given me a reason to have a beer with my dog! He's people, too! And old enough to drink by dog year standards! Or are they only allowed to drink if they live 21 human years?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

hmm bug eating humans related to spiders and birds? :-)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Trees are people too!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Domo1
Well I hope it's comfortable up there on your high horse riding double with the guy that never dry humps visitors.
What exactly does that mean? That you do eat poop and dry hump your visitors? I thought most people didn't do those things.

Anyway, Cesar Millan on "The Dog Whisperer" is a genius when it comes to dogs, and he's always saying one of the biggest mistakes people make with their dogs is treating them like humans. He runs a dog psychology center and assures people that dogs are much happier and get along better with their owners if they are treated like dogs, and the guy gets results...usually by retraining the humans, to stop treating the dog like a human.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Arbitrageur because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
There's something not-human about being able to fondle your own rocks with your tongue...

Å99

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Arbitrageur

Domo1
What exactly does that mean? That you do eat poop and dry hump your visitors? I thought most people didn't do those things.

Anyway, Cesar Millan on "The Dog Whisperer" is a genius when it comes to dogs, and he's always saying one of the biggest mistakes people make with their dogs is treating them like humans. He runs a dog psychology center and assures people that dogs are much happier and get along better with their owners if they are treated like dogs, and the guy gets results...usually by retraining the humans, to stop treating the dog like a human.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Arbitrageur because: (no reason given)

I don't think the article said that "dogs are homo-sapiens", it says they are people.

There is an obvious difference between species, but that even if they are different species, they are both sentient and are capable of emotion.

What is it that differentiates a human from an animal? Most people will say a soul, but it is, imo, dubious to infer that all people have souls. Why is it that if people can have souls, that animals can't have souls?

What is it that really makes animals have less right to live, and what makes them inferior on a moral basis?

Most animals are dumber then we are, but then again, I know a lot of people who are dumber then some animals I have met.

I think, the real difference is the opposable thumbs and a brain wired to use them.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Dogs may be people but too bad people aren't dogs.
Dogs rarely fight to the death, a simple act of submission is enough to end a fight.
Dogs are forgiving, loyal, protective of their own and aren't afraid to look silly while having fun.
Ingesting poo (coprophagia) is common among both omnivores and predators and utilizes undigested proteins.
As much as I love my dog he knows not to lick my face and I'm amazed at those who allow or even encourage that kind of behavior. EWWwwwwWWwwWW!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

akushla99
There's something not-human about being able to fondle your own rocks with your tongue...

Å99

Most animals don't need to wipe either, humans paid a heavy price for evolving.
We lost out big time.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by winofiend

As has been sufficiently demonstrated, I was in error.
Dogs are indeed people...or vice versa...not sure.

Dont feel bad nobody understands my humour either...............
Quien Sabe?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I hate that people think ANIMALS/MAMMALS DO NOT HAVE FEELINGS and THOUGHTS - WELL HELLOOOOO WAKE UP! THEY DO!

And therefore they deserve DECENT LIFE.

This isn't news.... ALL ANIMALS/MAMMALS HAVE A CONCIOUSNESS.

And their own unique ability to reason just as humans do.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I love my dogs SO much, beautiful uncondional love. Someone once said, "if you lock your dog and your husband in the boot of your car, when you open it, only one of them will be pleased to see you".
Not that I condone ever locking A DOG in the boot of a car.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join