It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miriam Carey was shot AFTER baby was removed from vehicle.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
In the video I saw, the shots were fired before she backed up and turned around and sped away. Going around the circle was weird, I thought. No windows shot out as she drove away. Also no damage to the front of the car. I didn't see her ram anything, as was reported. And...since it was CNN, I suspect that witness, was not actually a witness, but a shill. There is also some video out there, that seems to show two adults in the front seat during the "escape" part. You can see two heads moving independently. Something is screwy with this. But, I have no idea what it might mean.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

The video was shot at the Capitol building, not the White house. People eating on the grass is fine there.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Enderdog
In the video I saw, the shots were fired before she backed up and turned around and sped away. Going around the circle was weird, I thought. No windows shot out as she drove away. Also no damage to the front of the car. I didn't see her ram anything, as was reported. And...since it was CNN, I suspect that witness, was not actually a witness, but a shill. There is also some video out there, that seems to show two adults in the front seat during the "escape" part. You can see two heads moving independently. Something is screwy with this. But, I have no idea what it might mean.

The alleged "ramming" incident happened at the White House and was NOT on video. The public video you saw, at the traffic circles, was the 2nd stop....outside the Capitol Building (where the House and Senate are located).

Here's a Link to my post of the timeline, with pictures.

Hopefully it clarifies the sequence of events and areas in the video, etc...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Ah I see, I was hearing it all happened in front of Whte House on the brainwash box first day.

Very good break down you have there.

adding:
There should be cameras that captured the whole thing!
edit on 8-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You come to this conclusion from ONE single witness account, during a chaotic event and where the woman said she was actually in a building and saw the event from behind a window?

Witness accounts are very unreliable anyway, and for sure in a chaotic situation like that!

She said something like ".... then they started shooting and I saw they moved someone away from the car and the shooting continued"

Even we assume that this is actually correct (based on a witness account and nothing more...)...we do NOT know when she was killed. Logic says she was shot earlier before the car even stopped (?) or maybe wounded when she sped away earlier...or possibly right in the beginning in this final shootout...or for what it's worth ANY time is possible. We don't know it and the witness doesn't know it. That they removed the baby BEFORE she was killed/disabled is highly unlikely to me.

Also..when she acted "as to save her life"..as the OP claims...why did she even GO TO DC and then go on a rampage with her car and do pretty much the most nonsensical, non-logical and most dangerous things one could EVEN DO in the most secured city on this planet? (Including breaking out with her car when she was halfway blocked in with ca. 20 armed gunman around the car?)

The "panic" argument doesn't fly because there was a reason she was stopped, if she wouldn't have acted crazily no armed gunmen would have ever confronted her in the first place. You don't go to fricking DC and start ramming secured barriers if you think your life is worth something. It was her actions which attracted the attention of security personnel....and not that security personnel all of a sudden appeared "for no reason" and held guns up to her so she would start to panic and then get shot later on because of her panic. WHAT LOGIC IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE? It doesn't make any sense neither does the execution theory.

edit on 22013R000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago54AMTuesdayTuesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

I found it odd, the woman smiled (cheesed) the whole cnn interview with wolfie.

No, Conclusions....ever!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Yeah its easy to hear one eye witness and see a few seconds footage of video and say that it was bad that she was shot. In these incidents as always you have to place yourself in the position of authorities.

You have to look at a car ramming a barrier in DC, at a time when terrorist threat is high, its a difficult situation but a situation you have to neutralise as quickly as possible. You don't know if the car is rigged with explosives. You don't know if the suspect is armed. All you know is that a driver seems intent on not stopping, is attempting to comprimise a highly secure area and is a threat to lives.

I don't think the authorities were at fault here. The only way they would be at fault would be if she had given herself up and they shot her dead there and then. Even then however, you have to look at who was on the scene and the protocol of those operatives. I know full well that had this been in this country, the same thing could've easily happened.

For example, the Menezes shooting here in London shortly after the 7/7 terrorist attacks. They got the wrong guy (although he was here illegally, not really an excuse to shoot him), but you can see as tensions are high, somebody looks very similar, you have got minutes, may be seconds to react and what was obvious there was that SO19 and SAS were working together, you can tell that by how he was shot. Anyway the point is, its easy to sit in front of screens and gradually look at incidents such as these and be critical of them, with time to do so. It's never the same when you are involved in those incidents and I know because I have been.

The facts are still quite sketchy so its still hard to say exacltly what happened at the point of her death, but so far, I don't think they could've handled it any differently.

It doesn't take away the fact that a child is without her mother. I feel sorry for her family and especially her child, one day she is going to find out about this, even if she is too young now to remember it later in life. It also should open questions about how mental health sufferers are looked after, but that's for another debate, I guess.

edit on 8-10-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

scary part of that statement is that you are more than likely right on the money!!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I find it somewhat odd, that everytime when US Police/Government shoots a civilian in the USA, afterward it is claimed that he/she had mental health issues.
Looks similar to a pattern like "Criminal = Mentally ill" or "Mental Health Problems = Criminal Behaviour"
Watch out over there, there could be a agenda.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Domo1
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Are you asking if after the initial chase they took out the baby so she would overreact and justify lethal force? Maybe. I doubt it though.

I think they took the kid out of the car for it's safety, not to enrage her.

Clearly the woman was not mentally stable. You don't run from the cops with your kid in the car if you're sane, barring some extraordinary circumstances that I highly doubt apply here. She had a previous incident with the police and intimated she believed Obama was speaking to her or spying on her. A little nutty. They also found that she was being treated for a mental disorder, and pills suggesting she was bi-polar. This is one where I think she needed more help than she got. I think it's very sad for all involved, especially her child, family and friends. And her of course. Even the ex-husband.

What happened does only happen in the USA...so many times. Is there anything to tell about the woman? Could she be a former 'three letter agency' employe? ...you know...about to blow the whistle on something.

Blowing away such a tiny woman by policemen is very disturbing.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The other day there was a guy on Coast to Coast AM discussing exactly such incidents like this one.

Police Brutality in the USA. The man lost his son when a cop shot him dead for no appearent reason. He spoke about killercops, cops who have grown up with a wiring in the brain to shoot first and ask questions later. This behaviour he thinks originate possibly among others from playing to many violent videogames when being a child......a generation thing.
edit on 8/10/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

What happened does only happen in the USA...so many times. Is there anything to tell about the woman? Could she be a former 'three letter agency' employe? ...you know...about to blow the whistle on something.

i never thought about this angle. it might be the case. the whole thing the car chase, the kid, the unarmed woman, the death all seems odd.

i heard there was suppose to be a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) training exercises that day. i haven't looked to see if it is true or false. but if true could this all be a test?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Here is the problem, you have so many people that saw this event happen yet only one witness that says the police shot her after removing the child where are the other witnesses to this?

So just because one witness out probably hundreds that saw this the cops automatically are branded as executioners?

Here is the big question...

Why would the police execute a lady in front of such a big crowd of witnesses?

Logic has surely been tossed out when it comes to this situation.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

tsurfer2000h
Here is the problem, you have so many people that saw this event happen yet only one witness that says the police shot her after removing the child where are the other witnesses to this?

So just because one witness out probably hundreds that saw this the cops automatically are branded as executioners?

Here is the big question...

Why would the police execute a lady in front of such a big crowd of witnesses?

Logic has surely been tossed out when it comes to this situation.

tsurfer2000h - A more accurate statement would be: There was only "one witness talking to Wolf Blitzer." I'm sure TPTB have a whole stack of witness statements by now. Since when was the public entitled to logic? LOL

The post (above) by SecretFace is probably the most accurate assessment of what went down that I've seen on ATS.

ETA: I followed your comments in both subject threads and I like your approach. If you wondered where you got all those stars ...
edit on 8102013 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Sickening - I hope you all write to your congress reps (actual pukey face)

Remember Ruby Ridge?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Sickening - I hope you all write to your congress reps (actual pukey face)

Remember Ruby Ridge?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

WorthlessServant
reply to post by AbleEndangered

You know i have no idea what to think.. to remove the baby before hand had to have meant they had the time to see if she was armed or not. To justify the killing of an unarmed civilian when the car was at a standstill makes me wonder as if the government is sending us the message of, "don't mess with us"

Cops very often take the keys out of the ignition in similar cases. Don't know why that wouldn't be a priority here. She could have taken off again when they were getting the child out of the car. This is strange.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There are cameras on top of cameras in D.C. Where is all the footage of the entire event? It exists, do we allow them to hide it again?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

sprtpilot
There are cameras on top of cameras in D.C. Where is all the footage of the entire event? It exists, do we allow them to hide it again?

My guess would be it is being held as evidence in this case. The officers, I believe, still will be investigated for their actions to determine of they acted accordingly, etc... But, that is just speculation on my part.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Zcustosmorum
reply to post by Domo1

C'mon mate, the stormtroopers of Obama used her as practice bait, you know like for when the really pissed off people want to kill Obama.

And they probably only removed the baby first because they had to make sure a bomb wasn't strapped to it, such is the mentality of these street soldiers.

edit on 7-10-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

DHS training with practice targets featuring children, pregnant woman?

DALLAS, February 28, 2013 — Minnesota-based Law Enforcement Targets, Inc (LET) has been awarded $5.5 million in contracts with the federal government, including $2 million with the Department of Homeland Security.

In light of this fact, it’s no wonder that the American people were outraged last week when it was uncovered that the firm had released a series of gun practice targets featuring a pregnant woman, a child, a young mother and grandparents.

communities.washingtontimes.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join