It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miriam Carey was shot AFTER baby was removed from vehicle.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

If it's an IV line then i would assume the rest are trying to revive her, but again its a guess at best.

I think that is the direction I am leaning on purely for whats going on in that pic.

Nice big hole in that back driver side window as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by MALBOSIA

Like this...

Notice the window on the passenger side is up, again, when the common video shows the cop leaning inside of it deeply with his gun drawn. I think this shows that there was no passenger, but also that they knew the child was in the car before it sped away again and they opened fire. Now keep in mind that, at least from my experience, most parents put their child's car seat in the center or on the passenger side. Its easier to reach back and check on the kid that way.

They had to have known about the kid, who is 13 months not 18 btw, the alhurra video proves that pretty easily. I assume she is with the 54 yr old father who is still noticeably absent from the scene and story as far as i can tell.

You can see a few bullet holes in the car, but more importantly you can see that it looks like they have swarmed her or something. This picture shows me she was out of the car and on the ground, tho whether alive or not is obviously impossible to determine. The bullets must have been pretty weak as you cannot see many bullet holes in the car. A few, i think, but nothing really substantial and glaringly obvious.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

I am still not seeing it.

This picture doesn't help. Like twithomatic pointed out, that looks like an IV being held up. This is WELL after the removal of the child then. I assumed that this woman was shot and then they found an infant in the back seet. The witness in this thread claims the child was removed before the shooting intensified. There is no way to get the child out without the assistance of the driver. The passanger window was up and I find it highly unlikely that an officer was able to snatch an infant out of a blown out rear window of a coup that is trying to evade him.

I only see 2 scenarios.

Woman was shot dead with child in the car. Child was removed with the dead mother.

Woman allowed the officers to take the child Then they opened fire.

The first option seems the most likely but this witness is messing it up. Maybe she got it wrong. I don't believe her.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

The fact that they are making events like this mainstream goes to show that they have gained more courage at intimidating the people. These sorts of things aren't new.. police have shot or killed unarmed people that were running away multiple times recently. Some recent examples are Police Run Over, Kill Man For Seatbelt Violation and Police Shoot Bystanders in NYC, Kill Unarmed Man in North Carolina Who Was Seeking Help

What's scary is that they pretty much told the people that there's more to come

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Are you asking if after the initial chase they took out the baby so she would overreact and justify lethal force? Maybe. I doubt it though.

I think they took the kid out of the car for it's safety, not to enrage her.

Clearly the woman was not mentally stable. You don't run from the cops with your kid in the car if you're sane, barring some extraordinary circumstances that I highly doubt apply here. She had a previous incident with the police and intimated she believed Obama was speaking to her or spying on her. A little nutty. They also found that she was being treated for a mental disorder, and pills suggesting she was bi-polar. This is one where I think she needed more help than she got. I think it's very sad for all involved, especially her child, family and friends. And her of course. Even the ex-husband.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

And what came just after the 1930s Germany..... Yup

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

No, see i showed you the picture because the passenger side door is open. As i said the car seat would likely have been in the middle or on the passenger side for convenience. That is how the kid was taken out, and if they are holding an IV line then that tells me she was at least being revived if not somewhat alive at the point of the picture.

Regardless, the child was in the back seat when the first major hail of gunfire erupted as the car sped away which would imply the back window is probably blown out, as are both side windows. Remember, she turned left as the shots were firing so it would have been largely the passenger side and the back of the car that took the bullets.

Whatever happened afterwards is obviously a mystery, but i think the witness is mixing it up like you said, and i don't think she could have been very resistant at the time of the picture. But possibly alive.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I just reviewed the footage of her encounter at the traffic circles, where the first shooting began. As she left all of the car windows were intact....even as she sped off down Constitution street where the chase ended at Maryland Ave.

The window damage must have happened at this location (at the intersection of Constitution and Maryland), or just prior it seems.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I believe it's fairly easy to disable the automatic locks on cars. Just looked it up, you can disable that function by holding down the lock button until the hazard lights flash while the ignition is turned on but the car is not running on her car. My 2013 doesn't lock the doors, though it is a manual, but they also make her car with a 6 speed manual.

We're only seeing one side of the car, there is a chance the back window was busted out more on the other side allowing for the child's removal.

There is a chance the child wasn't strapped in the back with a car seat. The woman clearly wasn't all that concerned for the safety of her child. Officers could have just opened the door and snatched an unbuckled child.

Other witness accounts don't gel with this woman's. People who witness this kind of event are notoriously unreliable. They can easily jumble the timeline or make things up.

Most accounts seem to state that she got stuck and the cops opened fire without mentioning the removal of the child. I think she lost it, and I think the cops overreacted because of the proximity to certain areas and her attempted breach of the gates (embarrassing they didn't end it there in my opinion). Sad story all around.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Yes I see that. I agree that is probably how they got the infant out was through the passenger door, but after the vehicle was stopped... right?

So the witness says that the child was removed, then the firing became more intense. Was there was a moment where an officer was confident enough the vehicle would stay stopped, long enough that it would be safe for the officer and the infant to attempt to remove the infant? Infant was in car restraint I assume? cautiously.

That is where I am losing vision here. If the officer trusted the driver was stopped long enough the infant would not be harmed during extraction, then why didn't the other officers trust the unarmed driver enough to be stopped, instead chose to end the drivers life. I don't mean "end her life" to sound sensationalized but that sounded like a lot of bullets. What other outcome was expected?

So maybe the witness was trying to not get the police in trouble when she was asked that. Maybe in her eyes shooting at the car with an infant inside would be trouble. She didn't think they deserved trouble so she back peddled a little bit.

Its either that or a full out execution from what I can see.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The whole thing seems wrong to me. I think it was overkill in a major way.

I watched the Today Show this morning and 2 of her sister's were being interviewed and said that she never said anything about Obama. They said she was being weaned off meds for postpartum depression, not Bipolar Disorder. They said she had always been stable and they wanted answers as to why she was killed the way she was. I was glad to see someone come forward from the family and question the events at least. Maybe they didn't know all about her medical history? Maybe she was slipping? BUT answers from someone (other than those who killed her or affiliates to those) would help putting the issue to rest or fixing a situation that went tragically wrong.

I don't like what happened, but I don't have to obviously. I don't think they had to kill her the way they did.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Domo1

There is a chance the child wasn't strapped in the back with a car seat. The woman clearly wasn't all that concerned for the safety of her child. Officers could have just opened the door and snatched an unbuckled child.

And get the seat forward or reach through the center console? I don't know about that...

Who knows about restraints I agree, she wasn't typical by the sounds of it but still, to pull a move like that while this woman is still able to operate the vehicle Is big. BIG! Like Jason Bourne or or or Luke Skywalker.

Other witness accounts don't gel with this woman's. People who witness this kind of event are notoriously unreliable. They can easily jumble the timeline or make things up.

I agree. I think the driver was incapacitated before the child was removed.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Krakatoa
I just reviewed the footage of her encounter at the traffic circles, where the first shooting began. As she left all of the car windows were intact....even as she sped off down Constitution street where the chase ended at Maryland Ave.

The window damage must have happened at this location (at the intersection of Constitution and Maryland), or just prior it seems.

I agree with you. Through the entire drive around the circle/s, the problem with determining if the "silhouette" on the front passenger side is a person or pushed-forward headrest...has to do with the glare, reflections &/or tinting of the passenger-side window.
So - think you nailed it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Striking fear, making this a norm, any one of you Americans can be next, executed in public, and life goes on for everyone else because they got POWER, they are the AUTHORITY and nothing anyone can do but sit at home and watch this crap take place, hoping it won't happen to you.

POWER !! AUTHORITY !! FEAR !! and pretend as if it didn't happen, as long as it doesn't happen to you, yet.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Kid could have been loose in the front seat though. Open door, snatch her up. I think most folks despise the auto locks and disable them.

Pretty sure the witness messed up. I think they shot the driver, then grabbed the kid. It's so easy for a witness to be completely lost after the incident. It sounds like there were a few times when the vehicle was fired on, so I don't think they needed an excuse, or the removal of the child to feel justified.

I don't really think they were justified. It's a lady losing it in her car. It happens, a lot. I think her trying to ram the gates and the location pretty much assured a death sentence, and also running over the cop/fed.

I just think it's really sad. I used to get mad at people like this, but no one chooses the crazy route.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Greatest magicians in the world today......they can make evidence, people and problems disappear with a wave of their hand. God help us all......

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I was murder, pure and simple.

These days the police can do what they like and in many instances do. Once in a while they'll let a token cop take a fall o show us that cops are accountable, but that's just for show.

They'll b e coming for us all sooner or later.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
maybe this was all about taking the kid

the baby's father mysteriously being kept out of the limelight is a red flag here, I'd say

maybe the child was removed while a gun was held to carey's head preventing her from moving/driving away
maybe she'd already taken a few shots, after the baby was extracted, she was finished off.

I can't help but seeing this as a case of life imitating art
it's very like Evelyn's last stand in the movie Chinatown

pray for that baby, at this point, that's all we can do

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

maybe this was all about taking the kid

For what reason? I haven't seen Chinatown so no spoilers (some are fine, but not if it's some awesome plot twist, If we learn in the first five minutes have at it). If your answer has to have spoilers warn me. I keep meaning to watch it.

Will say I think it's a little odd the child's father hasn't been thrust into public view more.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
is it not possible that the driver was struck by one of the bullets while fleeing, and died as a result of that injury after the car stopped, and the child removed?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by outsidethesquare

I wondered that myself. Was the driver fleeing injured?

Shots were fired.

Where exactly was she?

I see people sitting in grass eating, so can't be the Whte House, no public allowed!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join