It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Therefore Intend To Oppose The Effort To Increase America's Debt Limit"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

So oppose it when it was possibly manageable and in a better position to be handled but now demand it when he wants to spend the money and it is out of hand?

Sure was against it then...but now he is my guy in office and he should get it any way that he wants....damn those who took the same path as he, in 2006. Times are different!

Am I getting that right?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Times are different!

Am I getting that right?

Yep. Times are different now.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that Obama went against the debt ceiling raise for political purposes, in order to stand out and make his voice heard. He may have been serious, at the time, but he seriously knew that he didn't have a snow ball's chance to make a change, then.

Now, times are different, and he sure as h$ll isn't going to drop his signature measure, The Affordable Care Act. Let's cut some corporate welfare!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

windword
Yep. Times are different now.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that Obama went against the debt ceiling raise for political purposes, in order to stand out and make his voice heard. He may have been serious, at the time, but he seriously knew that he didn't have a snow ball's chance to make a change, then.

So go with the flow politics and not make a stand? The very nature he campaigned against? He raged against "politics as usual" in which he completely engaged in and is now say the other side should not dabble in?

Now, times are different, and he sure as h$ll isn't going to drop his signature measure, The Affordable Care Act. Let's cut some corporate welfare!

Focus...we are not talking about corporate welfare. So in your estimation is that he needs to defend his signature measure for political measures....On a note of corporate welfare; his signature law is all about it....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

"Focus" you tell me? On what? Gee! Obama is caught in a contradiction! Are you surprised? Vindicated? Justified in defunding Obama Care?

Whatever.......

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

windword

"Focus" you tell me? On what? Gee! Obama is caught in a contradiction! Are you surprised? Vindicated? Justified in defunding Obama Care?

Whatever.......

When have I called for the defunding of the programming? Whatever indeed....

I say focus because you took a tangent to throw out "corporate welfare!"

You want to be asinine and obtuse, go for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join