It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half the Republicans You Know Are Insane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I can't help myself - it's cause I'm listening to Oingo Boingo again I know it.

I just had to post this - he, he. We need a 'padded cell' forum.

Thing is I agree with this .... Have fun.

www.alternet.org...

Public Policy Polling did a survey [2] [2]on the preponderance of belief in conspiracy theories among American voters, and the results are telling. For example, a question was posed about whether the respondents believe the Obama administration is coming to take their guns away, and 62% of Republicans answered "Yes." If you know five Republicans, that means three of them believe this, and a fourth has doubts. This, despite the fact that no gun legislation of any impact whatsoever has shadowed the president's desk since he took office.

When asked if they believe that Mr. Obama is secretly plotting to remain in office when his term expires, 44% of Republicans answered "Yes." If you know five Republicans, that means two of them believe this, and a third is halfway convinced. This, despite any supporting evidence whatsoever, and the fact that the man will be arrested and detained if he tries to enter the White House again after the inauguration in January of 2017.

When asked if Muslims are working to implement Sharia Law in America - the harshly medieval seventh-century Islamic code best represented by the Taliban in Afghanistan, the Wahabists in the ranks of al Qaeda and (shhhh) a significant portion of the rebels in Syria - 44% of Republicans said it was true. If you know five Republicans, once again, two of them believe this, and a third is halfway convinced. Um...how? Where? In what way? Because women can now get free contraception and gay people have the same rights as you do? You think the Taliban is down with that?

Is the US government secretly staging "false flag" mass shootings all across the country in order to blame others and distract the country from their gun-grabbing, office-staying, Sharia-implementing ways? A full 26% of Republicans believe this, so if you know five of them, one is convinced of this, and another is well on his way. I'm sure all the left-leaning folks who believe that 9/11 was a Cheney-orchestrated "inside job" are thrilled to know their gospel has been co-opted by people who think 26 children were massacred in Connecticut so Mr. Obama could give everyone's guns to the Syrians, because that makes sense, too, apparently. Or something.

In short, and not to put too fine a point on it: if you know five Republicans, two of them are around-the-bend crazy, and a third needs a stern talking-to. That's not a majority, but it is pretty much half the crowd, and is a definite majority every time the crazy two convince the third to go their way, you know, just in case.

I happen to believe in some conspiracy theories - just not these ones. I do try to evaluate each particular individually.

The thing is, those two-and-a-half Republicans you know are energetic voters, and they throw enormous weight in American politics. Thanks to the Republican gerrymandering process of 2010 [3] [3]and the berserk anti-information "news" bubble dominated by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, WorldNetDaily and the ceaseless gibberish machine that is Fox News, Republicans in general who even occasionally look to these outlets for information have been in an enforced state of flat-out derangement for years and years and years. The ones who go to the "liberal" news media for "information" are in a slightly leavened version of the same state, but vote Republican anyway out of habit and allegiance.

Again, I ask for conservate and/or libertarian sites that document their facts - so that I can get a fair and balanced view from my padded cell.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
wong place - sorry
edit on 7-10-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Libertarians are not republicans.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I think what is meant is, if you're not a progressive, you're nuts.

lolz

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Half the people I know are insane to some degree. Their political leanings don't really factor into that assessment but I'm sure it contributes to their delusions.

Heck, I might even be one of those insane people. Anyone who listens to ATS Live might agree.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

A thread I just read (though fairly old) from our Overlord.

I'm pissed!! (political trolls and hacks)

You should read it sometime.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

OHRLY?

And what . . . ? 75-98.999% of the DEMS are brainwashed robotons of the Narcissist In Chief; the Pathological Liar in Chief; the Destroyer in Chief . . . the Teleprompter in Chief . . . and of his puppet masters.

That's more than sufficiently crazy to run fast the other direction, in my book.

Actually, I don't see how any professional politico of any label deserves a gnat's fart's worth of respect or tolerance.

The lot of them need strung up on treason charges and shipped to a very distant star system by slow boat.

They have not represented THE PEOPLE vs their tyrannical globalist puppet masters for a long time.

The DEMs fill the bad cop side of the coin well and the GOP fills the good cop side tolerably on the surface while doing dreadful things under the table.

edit on 7/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

What if your a syndicalist?

What then?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This is only half true. Since all of them are insane.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It was Osama Bin Laden. OK? That's who it was.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Nephalim

No, it was the Butler, in the Conservatory and he did the dirty deed with a candlestick.

I win.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Seriously, insane????

Given that 95 percent of all people can be coded with some psychiatric malady. I have to disagree.

Definition of insanity stating that people cannot be held responsible for their conduct if, at the time they commit crimes, as the result of mental disease or mental retardation they are unable to appreciate the wrongfulness of their conduct.

American Psychiatric Association Definition of Insanity

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Perhaps I'm not up on current meanings but I don't get your use of that word in this context.

Please explain.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'd say a majority of our elected leaders in D.C. are, per Senator McCain's description of Senators Cruz and Paul, wacko birds.

BTW... what are you? The "propaganda panda?"

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

sad_eyed_lady
Seriously, insane????

Given that 95 percent of all people can be coded with some psychiatric malady. I have to disagree.

Definition of insanity stating that people cannot be held responsible for their conduct if, at the time they commit crimes, as the result of mental disease or mental retardation they are unable to appreciate the wrongfulness of their conduct.

American Psychiatric Association Definition of Insanity

Actually there is no psychological classification for "insane" for the record - it is used for legal purposes. The McNaughten rule would be an example of this. That's what you gave - the legal definition. Which is perfect since politicians are attorneys. I guess that makes them not responsible for any decisions they make. Hmmm.

Didn't someone once have a post on here to show that those who are considered conspiracist were found to have higher intelligent and were less likely to be classified with a mental disorder? I know I read that somewhere and there was proof of a study on this.

Makes sense - they question things - and this means they are not followers but leaders. Now I can see getting extreme with it all but most on here are pretty reasonable. I am not a republican (sometimes I am maybe - don't like these labels as they are distractions and distance us from personal responsibility), but I do think this is a good thing for those who do strictly subscribe to this title.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Did 90% of the democrats who said similar comments about Bush for 8 years somehow become sane now?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Nephalim

No, it was the Butler, in the Conservatory and he did the dirty deed with a candlestick.

I win.

I'll concede when you draw it out and show me proof. Till then it was OBL

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It seems what this article is really saying is, "If you don't agree with most people, you must be insane."

It's is interesting how some of the questions in the survey were worded.

13% believe that the U.S. government engages in so-called “false flag” operations, where the government plans and executes terrorist or mass shooting events and blames those actions on others, 70% disagree. Republicans (21%) are more than twice as likely as Democrats (9%) to
believe this theory.

I look at the first clause of that sentence, and I say, "Well, of course. The US government has engaged in false flag operations. That is a proven, documented fact."

The second part of that sentence implies that if you believe the government has engaged in false flag operations, then you must think believe that Sandy Hook, the Boston Marathon, et al, must be false flag attacks. That isn't necesarily the case. But the way the data is interpreted, I disagree with most people so I must be insane. George Orwell must have a big "I told you so" smile on his face right now.

19% say there is a secret society such as Skull and Bones that produces America’s political and financial leaders to serve the wealthy elite.

Only 19% ? There is a secret society called Skull and Bones. They have produced many of America's political and finacial leaders, and they sure as heck don't seem to be serving the poor or middle class. Once again, the majority seem to disagree with the facts.

And 17% of voters said they think a group of world bankers are slowly eliminating paper currency to force most banking
online – only to cut the power grid so regular citizens can’t access money and are forced into worldwide slavery. Nearly one in three Republicans (27%) believe the electronic currency theory
while just 10% of Democrats agree.

Once again, the first part of that sentence is just a fact. But I don't necesarily think they are doing it to cut the power grid later and PO everybody. Also note that they say "nearly one in three" when 27% is closer to one in four. A slight tinge of bias showing through, there.

A lot of those questions had parts that were true mixed with parts that may not be true, implying that if you believed the true you must also believe the false.

Maybe what the survey is really saying is, "If you knew the truth about what's going on, it would drive you insane."

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Very well stated.

Reading those questions, it sounds more like an attempt to ridicule anyone who doesn't buy into the "official story", not a survey.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 10/7/2013 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join