It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best/worst joke in the history of the USA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have health insurance through my employer. I was however curious about the new insurance marketplace so I thought I'd take a look.

Three days ago I attempted to create an account.

First, I entered my state and hit the button to proceed to create a "Marketplace Account." I was redirected to a page that told me there are a high number of users, but please don't leave this page or I'd lose my place in line.

After about 20 minutes I was forwarded to a page where I could create a "Marketplace Account." I entered my name, email address, created a username and password. I was asked to choose and answer three security questions. I chose and answered all three, each question AND answer not at all similar to the others. At this point I was forwarded to a page that said:

"Important: Your account couldnt be created at this time.
Please note that two or more answers to the security questions cannot be the same. You must provide distinct answers to the chosen security questions.

Please wait a few moments and try again."

So I went back and started over. Chose three security questions with three very different and distinct answers, and again I'm forwarded to a page that says:

Please note that two or more answers to the security questions cannot be the same. You must provide distinct answers to the chosen security questions.

So I try a third time. Guess what?

Later that night, without changing the security questions and answers at all, I was FINALLY able to create an account.

After creating an account you get a confirmation link emailed to you. I "activated" my account via the confirmation link, which redirected me to the login page.

Now, and for the past three days, the image above is what I'm seeing when trying to log in. I know my username and password are correct, because the combination is something I use often - but in case I made some ridiculous mistake, I attempted to retrieve both my username and password via the links provided on the login screen. Both claim to have sent an email to me, but I've yet to receive a single email after multiple attempts.

I've spoken with an agent via the Live Chat option on multiple occasions, but they have been absolutely no help at all. Usually it's something along these lines "we're sorry but we're experiencing 'glitches' with the site. Please try again during non-peak hours."

I've had the same results at 3:00 in the morning, 9:00 in the morning, 1:00 in the afternoon, etc etc etc.

So here you have it folks, the BIGGEST joke in the history of the US.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I really am biting my tongue on these examples, I know that people are really worried about this and somehow convinced themselves that everything would be OK. I feel bad so I am trying to be as empathetic as is reasonable to expect of me considering how intensely us nonbelievers have been chastised.

There are just too many angles to poke fun at this fiasco from obama to java.

Thanks for letting me vent even just a little in a less than exasperated thread!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So I guess you can just tell the IRS you were glitched out of getting health care if your employer ever fails ya. It won't be your fault. The site blocked your ability to participate in the whole program. Shucks... I know you're just crushed with disappointment. lol...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Interestingly enough, and probably foolishly, I said pretty much the same to one of the live chat agents who couldn't really tell me anything.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Holey muck..I don't mean to be sadistic,but I kinda chuckled.....nice avi by the way.

top topics

join