It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and Japan warn US on default

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

America didn't want the EU defaulting before them as there is no real mechanism in the EU system for default of the entire block like there is in the US. It would have started with a few tiny nations like Greece and then contagion would have thrown a spanner in the wheels of any default plans the US may have. In a controlled crisis you need to be in control of as many variables as possible if you are to fix the problem you created after the objective or requirement of the controlled crisis has been met.

An EU default is likely part of the plan but it needs to be clean and quick like ripping off a band aid. The chain reaction from a US default is the only way to produce this scenario because of the many different governments in the EU and lack of central control for making these decisions. If the defaults are to occur in a timely manner they need to be forced by an outside event that would leave no other option.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think Obama has a Great idea.
get in Very Big det to the world.
then start a war with them.

who but america has the most Nuc's and chemical weapons?
its a little like adolfs plan.
they invaded other countries.
and built up a big army.

edit on 7-10-2013 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I say default.

Its a shell game anyways. Close our borders, start taking care of Americas Interests. Stop buying garbage from these Countries.

Grow American, Make American,Buy American.

Enough of this BS already.

S&F

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
China and Japan to US:

HEY HEY, DON'T DEFAULT, YOU STILL OWE US MONEY.

The writing is on the wall folks, the US sooner or later is going to default. If anyone isn't taking this stuff seriously don't cry when you are screwed when this fake economy crumbles.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Maybe they don't want to wreck the world economy. That's in the worlds interest.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

If it goes, it will be bloody.

It may be bloody anyway. Better teach your kids how to shoot straight.
edit on 8-10-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I don't think we are going to default. It's a show and a scare, that's about it.

Why would the US want to go to war with China and Japan? Is there a reason?

Please advise.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

MamaJ
I don't think we are going to default. It's a show and a scare, that's about it.

Please advise.

I doubt they would go to war over debt. If thats th ecase europe owes th eUS money for helping it rebuild after WW2. Also germany,japan,and the UN for services rendered in kosovo.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Who are they?,....they are the nations that lend the U.S.A. money so they can continue to live beyond their means and maintain that entitlement attitude that so many Americans seem to display. Perhaps it is time for the U.S.A. to stop pumping such obscene amounts of money into the military and start to pay their own way in the world.

Americans need to start paying more taxes and reduce the debt. Americans pay less taxes than any other G20 nation, and then wonder why their country is so far in debt. Go figure.

It would be pretty tough for the U.S. to go to war with anyone if they can't pay their soldiers.

edit on 8-10-2013 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

sonnny1

I say default.

Its a shell game anyways. Close our borders, start taking care of Americas Interests. Stop buying garbage from these Countries.

Grow American, Make American,Buy American.

Enough of this BS already.

S&F

I agree with all but the default part, and I don't hear it often enough - grow America. I can't find an American made "anything" anymore. It may be too late to bring industry back though - due to entitlement. American's (most) are ruined. They won't work for a wage that would keep costs low. Products would cost so much it would drive a demand for wage increases up to impossible levels, and so forth.

If there is a way to do it - I say please make it happen. I know we didn't make the 'best' cars according to most (I was happy with my USA made ones). I know we can't create a bunch of stuff to fill up dollar stores and walmarts. But I believe there is someone out there who knows how to make this happen again. It was only 20 years ago that I could still find US made products. They don't exist anymore - minus food.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Ummmmm...I'm just sayin...we did take their money. It would be a jerk move not pay them back. I'm just sayin, if you owed me over a trillion dollars and then started talking about not paying me back, well we may have a problem...I'm just sayin...lol

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

ltheghost

Ummmmm...I'm just sayin...we did take their money. It would be a jerk move not pay them back. I'm just sayin, if you owed me over a trillion dollars and then started talking about not paying me back, well we may have a problem...I'm just sayin...lol

Yes.

But China especially has been selling off their U.S. securities.

They need their own cash reserves because of the BRICS agreements.

They are partially abandoning the 'petro dollar' system.

Now would be a good time to let some of these other countries know how the regular citizens feel for a change.

The U.S. can do just fine without the foreign influences.

And that includes militarily.

And the Federal Reserve takes orders from the Basel Committee.

We can do without those jokers too !!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

The only problem I see with any of it is greed. There is no more true Patriotism in America.

Its been co-oped by a holiday unfortunately....

We need people that truly care about America to grow America, and fix America.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Darkmask

Who are they?,....they are the nations that lend the U.S.A. money so they can continue to live beyond their means and maintain that entitlement attitude that so many Americans seem to display. Perhaps it is time for the U.S.A. to stop pumping such obscene amounts of money into the military and start to pay their own way in the world.

Americans need to start paying more taxes and reduce the debt. Americans pay less taxes than any other G20 nation, and then wonder why their country is so far in debt. Go figure.

It would be pretty tough for the U.S. to go to war with anyone if they can't pay their soldiers.

edit on 8-10-2013 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

I think you should understand, most Americans don't want our military to be overseas and fully active. I think you should also understand, our tax rate is lower because we have far less social services.

I think you should also understand, I detest paying the taxes we currently pay. I don't want to be compared to "Other G20 Nations". I want to be America, who we are and what we are. Taxes are absolutely unAmerican. I don't care what Sen. Dipsh# has to say about it.

If you want to pay heavy taxes, knock yourself out. Enjoy that.

And you guys wonder why you have the immigration problems you have.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

MamaJ

Please advise.

Oh hell, if we "defaulted", the world would do wild contortions to kick the can down the street.

If the havok they have threatened were to come to pass, blood would flow in every street worldwide. People want entertainment...and it is provided. I am sure for some political purpose or another.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

And you guys wonder why you have the immigration problems you have.

You forgot the Austerity problems BFFT.

Europe is rife with it.

edit on 8-10-2013 by sonnny1 because: TYPO

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I don't know specifics. For example, here in the USA you are wholly exempt from Obamacare if you are illegally here. I may end up needing to renounce citizenship and stay illegally, if i ever lose my work insurance. LOL

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What ever you do, dont cross into Mexico Illegally!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Who are THEY to dictate american interests???

The billions they hold in US Treasury bonds, if it was the other way round, I am very sure your approach would be very different!

If China and Japan owed the US billions, considering the position the US is currently in, you would have started a thread demanding the money back for your own interests....

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Everyone knows there are two ways to welsh a debt:
1. War with to whom the debt is owed, and
2. Default.

Seems America have three favourite words—war, de and fault!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join