It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from the President to US Government Employees

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Found this on the VA's website www.va.gov and I love how this dirtbag tries to blow smoke up everyones backside and cant resist throwing in a last zing blaming the Republicans, yet the Dems are JUST AS GUILTY for all this crap going on today

This shutdown was completely preventable. It should not have happened.
And the House of Representatives can end it as soon as it follows the Senate's lead, and funds your work in the United States Government without trying to attach highly controversial and partisan measures in the process.

Letter

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Read the letter, there were so many "me me me " at the beginning of it that i almost stopped reading. He is a politician who knows how to be "oily" and smoothen his own path. Anyway the sunshine imago is long gone and more people are noticing what kind of politician he really is.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Was that Obama's signature at the bottom ?

Hmmm.

At least we know this was from an unbiased source

edit on Oct-07-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

In fact, more than 50 current or former Federal employees have received the Nobel Prize for their efforts.

Hmmm, I would like to see this list. I assume they were not TSA employees and did not belong to public sector federal unions.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Now's your chance Dr.Paul, while no one's there and no one's looking.
edit on 7-10-2013 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is the exact letter everyone on the .MIL network RCVD, myself included. It raised the hairs on the back of my neck because it was clearly an illegal act. Using FedGov resources for political gains or political posturing is against the Hatch Act. He should be charged.
edit on 7-10-2013 by tkwasny because: Typo fix

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

tkwasny
This is the exact letter everyone on the .MIL network RCVD, myself included. It raised the hairs on the back of my neck because it was clearly an illegal act. Using FedGov resources for political gains or political posturing is against the Hatch Act. He should be charged.

As a matter of fact..........

Hmmmmm

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

tkwasny

Hatch Act doesn't apply to the President.

All civilian employees in the executive branch of the federal government, except the President and the Vice President, are covered by the provisions of the Hatch Act.

www.osc.gov...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Hatch Act doesn't apply to the President.

Gee, doesnt sound like EVERYTHING we have to follow the good old pres is exempt??

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Found this on the VA's website www.va.gov and I love how this dirtbag tries to blow smoke up everyones backside and cant resist throwing in a last zing blaming the Republicans, yet the Dems are JUST AS GUILTY for all this crap going on today

But the Republicans are the guilty ones.

They are demanding something before they fund the government...Dems just want to fund the government. Republicans are saying "Give me something before I do my job". It's as simple as that.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

greencmp

In fact, more than 50 current or former Federal employees have received the Nobel Prize for their efforts.

Hmmm, I would like to see this list. I assume they were not TSA employees and did not belong to public sector federal unions.

You never know... remember that Obama was given one of those once prestigious awards for *ahem* "peace."

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

AlienScience

They are demanding something before they fund the government...Dems just want to fund the government. Republicans are saying "Give me something before I do my job". It's as simple as that.

'Guilty' of proudly exercising their rights as elected officials that represent the majority of the population instead of acting like wusses.

tisk tisk.

they should be ashamed.

...How *DARE* they.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Dems just want to fund the government.

Really after spending 6 trillion dollars they finally decided to pay for it ?

Whodda thunk it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

AlienScience
Dems just want to fund the government. Republicans are saying "Give me something before I do my job". It's as simple as that.

Clearly most "Dems" were handed mommy and daddy's credit cards upon first whine as teenagers, because that's what they're demanding right now. Republicans are absolutely doing the job WE THE PEOPLE sent them to DC to do... stop the goddamn drunk with power spending spree Obama's first 4 years jabbed up in the eye socket with and attempt to block the hole from future jabbings. That's what WE THE PEOPLE elected them to do and, by God, it looks like they're doing it.

Whoooo

Go team!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

tkwasny

I was an representative during election season so I know Hatch well. As it stands in the USC, the president and vice president are actually exempt from the Hatch Act.

...any individual, other than the President and the Vice President, employed or holding office in: an Executive agency other than the General Accounting Office . . . .

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

AlienScience

But ground was offered, in funding areas separately while they negotiate the non-negotiable. The Senate rejected it flat out. How does that make the Republicans the guilty ones?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

HomerinNC

This shutdown was completely preventable. It should not have happened.
And the House of Representatives can end it as soon as it follows the Senate's lead, and funds your work in the United States Government without trying to attach highly controversial and partisan measures in the process.

Letter

I don't ever remember the sitting President demonizing the other side of the aisle, especially while in office!!! So blatant, so specific, and so immature.

This President has no class, he is downright trashy! If he was white, we'd call him 'white-trash'.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I'm sure if someone was standing around telling you that you can't do your job, you might express the issue to your employees.

No matter what way you want to spin it, the republicans are the ones shutting the government down. Whether it's a good or a bad thing is politics. The dems want the government funded and their healthcare, the republicans don't want healthcare. The dems say they've offered a clean CR to the house to at least continue funding - but the republicans are clearly stonewalling for some reason.

The obvious thing to me is that the republicans are trying to talk equality on this for some reason; when equality is not in their mission statement. They're lynching their whole argument on the idea that government/corps abide by different rules, but this is pretty much standard operating procedure as I understand it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

'Guilty' of proudly exercising their rights as elected officials that represent the majority of the population instead of acting like wusses.

You keep saying they represent the majority of the population, but the math you have used is flawed. You can't take an average and multiply it by the number of elected representatives and say that is who voted for them.

If you want to make that claim, you will have to find exactly how many people voted for each Republican in the House and how many voted for every Democrat in the House.

Until then, you have no backing to say that the majority of the population supports them.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Clearly most "Dems" were handed mommy and daddy's credit cards upon first whine as teenagers, because that's what they're demanding right now. Republicans are absolutely doing the job WE THE PEOPLE sent them to DC to do... stop the goddamn drunk with power spending spree Obama's first 4 years jabbed up in the eye socket with and attempt to block the hole from future jabbings. That's what WE THE PEOPLE elected them to do and, by God, it looks like they're doing it.

Explain how they are reducing any spending?

This is the problem with voters who don't understand economics, they believe the republicans when they tell them that not increasing the "debt limit" will actually "limit our debt". Or that shutting down the government actually stops spending.

Ironically, shutting down the government and not raising the debt limit both actually increase our debt at an increased rate.

The only thing the Republicans may do is throw us into another recession...but I think some of the ignorant Republican supporters actually want that to happen. And again, ironically, most of these Republican supporters are mid to low income people who will suffer the most in a recession. I'll be fine either way, but I don't like to see others suffer.

But yes, go ahead and cheer for Republicans threatening to destroy our economy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join