It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morocco Teenagers Arrested Over Facebook Kiss

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Police have arrested a teenage boy and girl in northern Morocco for posting a photo on Facebook of them kissing.

The action has provoked a slew of copycats in protest at their detention, a rights organisation has said.

Chakib al Khayari, president of the Rif Association of Human Rights, said: "It involves a teenage boy and his girlfriend. They were arrested on Thursday for violating public decency by posting a photo of them kissing in the northeastern town of Nador."

The photograph was taken outside the high school where the two are students.

The young couple are being held in the juvenile detention centre in Nador, where a sit-in has started to demand their release, Mr Khayari said.

Their arrest, for violating public decency, has caused such a stir among young people that a number of other couples have posted similar photos on their Facebook pages.

Religion of peace again is showing absurdity , stupidity and cruelty. It's 21 century for Christ sake !!

news.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

xavi1000

Religion of peace again is showing absurdity , stupidity and cruelty. It's 21 century for Christ sake !!

Fail

These kids broke the law of Morocco as its punishable to engage in premarital relations.

Their country, their law

Cut the moral high ground BS.

Who decides whats absurd, cruel and stupid ?

Who gave us the right to judge other cultures and customs ?

Just because we consider something to be morally right doesn't make us better

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

ArtooDetoo

xavi1000

Fail

These kids broke the law of Morocco as its punishable to engage in premarital relations.

Their country, their law

Did they have sex? No they did not. So if they forbid this they should also forbid kissing your childs cheek as well. thats pre marital too as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

Sorry, but arresting teenagers for kiss picture , stoning for possesing cell phone and adultery , treating women like cattle and many, many more middle age laws and atrocities dont belong in my book for "other cultures and customs" . And i will fight againt this trough rest of my life or till Islam became secular .

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

ArtooDetoo

xavi1000

Fail

Their country, their law

As much as I hate to admit it , your Right .

Cultural Differences must be Repected amoung Civil Peoples.........

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Trying to Personally Rationalize this will get you nowhere Friend . Cultural Diversity Exists , Deal with it.......

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

Trying to Personally Rationalize this will get you nowhere Friend . Cultural Diversity Exists , Deal with it.......

Cultural Diversity is not torture , abusing, killing and molesting and i'm dealing quite well , no worries

edit on 7-10-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Ahh so we're all global people, citizens of earth, unless it's islam, then "Shut up you freak, what is it to you if they cut people up, stone women and wrrest teens for kissing! their laws, they can do what they want!"

You do know that if every one thought as you did, you'd probably have a black man fetching your beer.

But hey, nothing wrong with that, it's your law, your rules.. right?

If we say nothing, these backward barbarians will never feel the urge to evolve.

edit on 7-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

xavi1000

Zanti Misfit

Cultural Diversity is not torture , abusing, killing and molesting and i'm dealing quite well , no worries

We were taking about 2 Kids kissing here not Torture , Right ?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Absolute crapola. All these rules in all the countries that violate the human family and their infinite sovereign rights, and the right to loving, abundant and joyful countries, with freedom and equality, ARE ILLEGAL AND HELLZONE AND I CARE VERY VERY MUCH, I'D BLUE BEAM THE LEADERS UP MYSELF AND GIVE THEM TO COSMIC COUNSELORS IF I COULD.

Shame on your post, completely. We need to free this planet. And join hands and offer support world wide for every other person to be free. NOT WAR HOWEVER.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

ArtooDetoo

Zanti Misfit
As much as I hate to admit it , your Right .

Cultural Differences must be Repected amoung Civil Peoples.........

I kind of understand where you're coming from, and part of me does agree that there should be a certain amount of respect for other cultures and their customs. However, I still see this as cruel and stupid, and wrong, and here's why:

First, I am radically opposed to most victimless "crimes" being illegal. It is an affront to freedom, which IMO should be considered a god-given right. However, that's not my only point of opposition, and the second one's a doozy.

What this amounts to, is state sanctioned religion. Religious rules / values forced on every citizen, without choice. I don't see how anyone other than a religious fundamentalist / extremist could see this as being a good thing. A person can not choose which country they're born into. Without enough money and the right set of knowledge and skills, it can be difficult for a person to just pick up and move to another country. Even more so for a child, or a young person. So how is it fair that they should be mandated to follow the rules of a religion that is not of their choosing, just because they had the misfortune to be born into a country full of religious tyrants?

Furthermore, you make it sound as though this is just how all their citizens feel-- these kids were wrong, and evil, and are in an extreme minority.... therefore, they're just not respecting the greater culture, just as we (I) am/are not. However, this article mentions that there are protests over this. So it seems there are citizens over there who oppose this also. So really, this just becomes another issue of whether or not it's okay to have a religious value, which not every person born into that society may share, enforced by law.

And clearly, that's not okay.

Besides-- to those religious people, what glory does it bring the religion, or their god, to have people follow it by fear? Were we not supposedly given free will by god? Should we not have the will to choose then? Who is man to interfere with what was given by god? That seems like a ridiculous notion for any religion that stems from Judaism.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

xavi1000

Zanti Misfit

That's why these jerky will always be limited to their goat herds, poppy fields, dirt huts, spanking their monkey's to mylee Cyrus pics. They will never see heaven and never know what a virgin is let alone a woman without hair under her arms and legs a mile long and stank like goat chit.

These guys are pathetic and what is worse their beliefs based on false religion and not what the true religion even talks about. The whole world laughs at them on a daily basis and they don't know even know it because they are illiterate.

Man talk about pathetic and these arse wipes want us to leave their culture alone because we don’t understand them. Lol. Oh we understand them, they want to continue to be able to marry and rape young girls who should still be in elementary school, but snap they don't let them go to school so they don't learn it might be wrong what they are doing. They want to be able to pass around these young girls and then discard them.

It is despicable how they treat women and young girls. No god would condone this. What does that tell you about Islam, pathetic.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

xavi1000

Sorry, but arresting teenagers for kiss picture , stoning for possesing cell phone and adultery , treating women like cattle and many, many more middle age laws and atrocities dont belong in my book for "other cultures and customs" . And i will fight againt this trough rest of my life or till Islam became secular .

I am with you man, dust off the fatigues and let's go get em. And that zatim character needs to go back to Pakistan and stay there. We are not buying your horse chit. Seriously go home already.

These kid rapist would not last long around here. We should castrate all of these pitiful countries.

It is awful how they treat women.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Ya just gotta shake ur head and start up the bulldozer

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

xavi1000

When did they stone anyone for possessing a cell phone in Morocco ?
Again, i ask you, who are you to judge and decide what people from another country should and should not do ?
It's not your land, you didn't build it, you don't live and pay taxes there, so what gives you the right to tell them how they should rule their own country ?
You are no better than those few radical Muslims living in the west, who are trying to force their believes and way of living down the throat of the rest.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

ArtooDetoo

xavi1000

Again, i ask you, who are you to judge and decide what people from another country should and should not do ?
It's not your land, you didn't build it, you don't live and pay taxes there, so what gives you the right to tell them how they should rule their own country ?
You are no better than those few radical Muslims living in the west, who are trying to force their believes and way of living down the throat of the rest.

And I supposed you think it's ok in other countries to allow men to marry children and have sex with them, even if it results in their death because culturally this is acceptable?

There is such a thing as morality beyond religion, beyond barbarism. When a group adheres to ideologies that goes against the very fabric of common decency, and morality we should speak up.

It's not ok to stone people to death. It's not ok to cut their fingers, feet and hands off. It's not ok to rape children. It's not ok to savagely beat another person with lashes. It's not ok to torture, maim, kill another because their religious belief is different.

But if you think all of that is culturally ok; then perhaps you lack the morality to see past such hateful, unevolved and barbaric beliefs which promote such horror and violence against humanity.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

yuppa

ArtooDetoo

xavi1000

Fail

Their country, their law

Did they have sex? No they did not. So if they forbid this they should also forbid kissing your childs cheek as well. thats pre marital too as well.

Again, cultural difference In some places of the world, it is normal for people to kiss their child on the lips - the same kiss would be considered as weird and disgusting in other parts of the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

ArtooDetoo

Again, cultural difference In some places of the world, it is normal for people to kiss their child on the lips - the same kiss would be considered as weird and disgusting in other parts of the world.

Nazi Germany had some cultural differences with the Jews. Look what happened there. But according to your logic who are we to intervene? How dare we question their cultural values

edit on 8-10-2013 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

well thankyou for your ignorant words...in fact if we if had a poll on ats today I believe you would be the winner.....ignorance at it finest......please do not have children and if you do please for the sake of humanity stay out of their lives and do not offer any advice.......

these people clearly have some extreme laws i'm glad I was brought up in the western world,even though some of our laws are backward at least there is an inkling of free speech and common decency !!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

YouAreDreaming

ArtooDetoo

xavi1000

And I supposed you think it's ok in other countries to allow men to marry children and have sex with them, even if it results in their death because culturally this is acceptable?

There is such a thing as morality beyond religion, beyond barbarism. When a group adheres to ideologies that goes against the very fabric of common decency, and morality we should speak up.

It's not ok to stone people to death. It's not ok to cut their fingers, feet and hands off. It's not ok to rape children. It's not ok to savagely beat another person with lashes. It's not ok to torture, maim, kill another because their religious belief is different.

But if you think all of that is culturally ok; then perhaps you lack the morality to see past such hateful, unevolved and barbaric beliefs which promote such horror and violence against humanity.

Immanuel Kant, a german philosopher, said something among these lines

"one cannot judge reality by one's own view of it, because there are different views for each observer that will bring different judgments of reality"

The same thing is with culture. One cannot judge another culture through their own culture. Different systems of thought in each culture will bring different values and views of how society should be organized.

I'm just trying to point out the ignorance because there is no real value in threads like this.
OP posted a story, and the same comment that he already has done thousands of time before.

The fact is, some kids in Morocco have been arrested for kissing and posting the picture on the net, while a woman in Pakistan has been stoned for using a cell phone. What does it tells us ? It tells us that there is a cultural difference between Morocco and Pakistan, yet somehow according to this thread all Muslims are the same.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join