It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleaning up some anti GMO disinformation that has been littering the internet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

No. Neonicitinoids are synthetic insecticides related to nicotine.
They are used both as distributed insecticides (sprayed) and as a seed coating treatment. Seed treatments are used both on GM and non-GM seeds.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Please explain this to me.

Seeds from Seed Company A produce plants with seeds that are sterile.

Seeds from Seed Company B Produces seeds that you can save and replant year after year.

Seed Company A is one of the most common seed companies and doesn't claim to be GMO free.

Seed Company B does claim that their seeds are heirloom GMO free seeds.

This is first hand experience.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by qwerty12345

I'm reminded . . . of such axioms as . . .

You know how to tell if Hillary or the O are lying?

Their lips are moving.

If Monsanto is doing it . . . it likely supports the global tyranny oligarchy in some way.

The above points may be true or not to whatever degree. I haven't researched those issues.

I just know that Monsanto is NOT a nice truly patriotic and family farm friendly corporation by any stretch of the imagination.

They are more likely in vigorous support of UN AGENDA 21's genocidal efforts to trash 2.6 billion people every way imaginable.

And the idea that the terminator gene could get out into the wild--as it likely already has . . . is horrific to the max.

I don't understand how rational, truly patriotic, family farm friendly people can support Monsanto . . . unless, perhaps . . . they are getting something for their efforts, big time.

And if folks are inherently NOT truly patriotic and family farm friendly . . . then I doubt they have much I'd like to listen to.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Did you catch the thread about Italy's bees are recovering after such were banned . . . only one case where some of the left over coated seeds were used was a bee colony trashed.

The others recovered splendidly when such insecticide coatings were removed from their environment.

Here's the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: added link

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ok thanks, i was thinking they were engineering it into the genetics.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I seem to be missing your point but no company sells seeds that produce sterile plants.
Also, the point of this thread, you can't usually buy GM seeds from your neighborhood garden shop.

edit on 10/29/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Yes. That is what the side discussion was about.
It has nothing to do with GM crops.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

True. True. . . . though IIRC, Monsanto is involved in such goings on thickly.

I just thought it was wonderful news. We don't have an overabundance of good news these days.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

FyreByrd

Hollie
reply to post by qwerty12345

Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with the post. Did you read it? It's about seeds for the home gardener.

and your title "Cleaning up some anti GMO disinformation that has been littering the internet" has nothing to do with your post.

Flag Seeking behavior that I'm glad to see is not working.

I don't know where you are going with your comment. The OP was simple. A lot of people seem to think that every seed they purchase has to say NON GMO in order to believe it is indeed non GMO. That is not the case. You cannot simply buy GMO seeds. How hard is that to understand that that is what the OP was about? Not about stars and flags. You can't just go to the market or online and buy GMO seeds weather they are labeled or not. Easy peasy.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join